Chico's FAS, Inc. (CHS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHS POWR Grades
- CHS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 96.13% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CHS is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CHS ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
CHS Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CHS is 8.17 -- better than 96.03% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Chico'S Fas Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- CHS's price/sales ratio is 0.34; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 6.42% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Chico'S Fas Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be NSIT, BBW, HZO, GES, and TUEM.
- Visit CHS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chicosfas.com.
CHS Valuation Summary
- CHS's EV/EBIT ratio is -6.9; this is 141.32% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CHS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 23.8.
- CHS's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHS.
CHS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -65.77%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -87.85%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -20.48%.
The table below shows CHS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CHS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CHS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 81.73% of graded US stocks.
- CHS's asset turnover comes in at 1.25 -- ranking 107th of 165 Retail stocks.
- URBN, AEO, and EXPR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CHS.
The table below shows CHS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CHS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.46||52-week high||$7.29|
|Prev. close||$5.24||52-week low||$3.80|
|Day high||$5.55||Avg. volume||2,345,381|
|50-day MA||$5.08||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.03||Market Cap||683.28M|
Chico's FAS, Inc. (CHS) Company Bio
Chico's FAS is a specialty retailer of women's private branded, sophisticated, casual-to-dressy clothing, intimates, complementary accessories, and other non-clothing items. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Fort Myers, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
CHS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHS Latest Social Stream
View Full CHS Social Stream
Latest CHS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chico'S Fas Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHS as an investment opportunity.
Although freight costs and supply chain are expected to have been concerning, Chico's FAS (CHS) is likely to have gained from its growth efforts, brand strength and solid online show in Q4.
Chico's FAS, Inc. (NYSE: CHS) ("Chico's FAS" or the "Company") today announces that, in furthering its commitment to creating bras that combine quality, comfort, and innovation, leading intimates brand Soma® is gearing up to launch a game-changing new bra: BodifyTM. Launching on February 23, 2022, BodifyTM is an advanced Smart Bra™ that adapts to accommodate a woman's unique, often fluctuating, body.
Chico's FAS, Inc. (NYSE: CHS) ("Chico's FAS" or the "Company") today announced that Eli Kumekpor of NIKE, Inc. has been appointed to the Company's Board of Directors (the "Board") as a new independent director, effective February 21, 2022.
Mediocre companies rarely make for attractive investment opportunities. But every so often, you will come across a company that really just is not that great but that is priced so low that it is difficult to not be tempted to buy in. One such firm is a specialty retailer called...
In the latest trading session, Chico's FAS (CHS) closed at $4.88, marking a +0.83% move from the previous day.
CHS Price Returns