Chico's FAS, Inc. (CHS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHS POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CHS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.88% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CHS is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- CHS's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 10.96% of US stocks).
CHS Stock Summary
- CHICO'S FAS INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 93.97% of US listed stocks.
- CHS's price/sales ratio is 0.31; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 8.42% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, CHICO'S FAS INC is reporting a growth rate of -1,186.09%; that's higher than only 1.41% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CHS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NSIT, TSRI, BBW, AVT, and SIG.
- CHS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHICO'S FAS INC's official web site, go to www.chicosfas.com.
CHS Valuation Summary
- CHS's EV/EBIT ratio is 6.7; this is 50.37% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- CHS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 9.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHS.
CHS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -305.91%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -133.06%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 943.31%.
The table below shows CHS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CHS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CHS has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 81.73% of graded US stocks.
- CHS's asset turnover comes in at 1.25 -- ranking 107th of 165 Retail stocks.
- URBN, AEO, and EXPR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CHS.
The table below shows CHS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CHS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.18||52-week high||$7.30|
|Prev. close||$5.16||52-week low||$3.80|
|Day high||$5.20||Avg. volume||2,880,871|
|50-day MA||$5.38||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.39||Market Cap||648.24M|
Chico's FAS, Inc. (CHS) Company Bio
Chico's FAS is a specialty retailer of women's private branded, sophisticated, casual-to-dressy clothing, intimates, complementary accessories, and other non-clothing items. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Fort Myers, Florida.
Most Popular Stories View All
CHS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHS Latest Social Stream
View Full CHS Social Stream
Latest CHS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHICO'S FAS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHS as an investment opportunity.
Chico's FAS (CHS) closed the most recent trading day at $5.20, making no change from the previous trading session.
Urban Outfitters' (URBN) robust business initiatives including the FP Movement will continue boosting growth. Its merchandising strategy is also impressive.
Big Lots' (BIG) strategic efforts, including omnichannel initiatives and Operation North Star, bode well for growth.
For many, the main point of investing is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But the main game is to...
At this point, the "death of retail" is a well-hewn storyline in the market. Down about 75% over the past decade, Chico's FAS (NYSE: CHS) looks like it's unfortunately another name in this all-too-familiar story.
CHS Price Returns