Chimera Investment Corporation (CIM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIM POWR Grades
- CIM scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 81.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CIM is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- CIM ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
CIM Stock Summary
- For CIM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 99.06% of US equities we're observing.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP comes in at -149.95%, a number that bests merely 0.41% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 110.44%, greater than the shareholder yield of 98.26% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CIM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BLX, ACRE, TWO, EFC, and WHF.
- CIM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP's official web site, go to www.chimerareit.com.
CIM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Real Estate stock, CIM's price/earnings ratio is 109.7% lower, now standing at -2.3.
- Over the past 182 months, CIM's price/sales ratio has gone up 622.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIM.
CIM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -22.33%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -57.85%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -127.13%.
The table below shows CIM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CIM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.94% of graded US stocks.
- CIM's asset turnover comes in at 0.057 -- ranking 295th of 444 Trading stocks.
- EQR, COHN, and CG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CIM.
The table below shows CIM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CIM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.80||52-week high||$16.51|
|Prev. close||$6.95||52-week low||$4.91|
|Day high||$6.94||Avg. volume||2,414,157|
|50-day MA||$6.16||Dividend yield||13.24%|
|200-day MA||$9.02||Market Cap||1.58B|
Chimera Investment Corporation (CIM) Company Bio
Chimera Investment Corporation invests in residential mortgage loans, residential mortgage-backed securities, real estate-related securities and various other asset classes. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
CIM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIM Latest Social Stream
View Full CIM Social Stream
Latest CIM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIM as an investment opportunity.
NEW YORK, November 17, 2022--The Board of Directors of Chimera announced the declaration of its fourth quarter cash dividend of $0.23 per share of common stock. The dividend is payable January 31, 2023 to shareholders of record on December 30, 2022. The ex-dividend date is December 29, 2022.
Chimera Investment Corporation found using ticker (CIM) have now 4 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 9 and 5.5 and has a mean target at 7.25. With the stocks previous close at 6.27 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 15.6%. The 50 day MA is 6.72 and the 200 day moving average is 9.73. The company has a market capitalisation of $1,460m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: https://www.chimerareit.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="CIM" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $1,688m based on the market concensus. Chimera Investment Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in ...
In this article, we presented 11 REIT dividend stocks with over 10% yield. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, you can go directly to 5 REIT Dividend Stocks With Over 10% Yield. Dividend investing is continuing to take hold of the markets as the Federal Reserve is showing no intention […]
Fear can be an investor’s most vital investment tool, which we can also use to hunt for beaten down high-yielding dividend stocks.
Chimera Investment (CIM) stock sank 8.9% in late Thursday morning trading after the mortgage REIT''s Q3 net interest income fell short of Wall Street expectations, and as higher…
CIM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CIMWant to do more research on Chimera Investment Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Chimera Investment Corp (CIM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chimera Investment Corp (CIM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chimera Investment Corp (CIM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch