Chimera Investment Corporation (CIM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIM POWR Grades
- CIM scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 91.89% of US stocks.
- CIM's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- CIM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 5.06% of US stocks).
CIM Stock Summary
- For CIM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 99.01% of US equities we're observing.
- As for revenue growth, note that CIM's revenue has grown -146.3% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 0.35% of US companies in our set.
- CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 70.14%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.31% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP are NAVI, BBDC, BLX, WHF, and LFT.
- CIM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP's official web site, go to www.chimerareit.com.
CIM Valuation Summary
- CIM's price/sales ratio is -3.2; this is 182.05% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- Over the past 185 months, CIM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 230.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIM.
CIM Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 216.74%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -93.59%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at -49.85%.
The table below shows CIM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CIM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.94% of graded US stocks.
- CIM's asset turnover comes in at 0.057 -- ranking 295th of 444 Trading stocks.
- EQR, COHN, and CG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CIM.
The table below shows CIM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CIM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CIM, see our CIM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$13.44||Average Broker Recommendation||2 (Hold)|
CIM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.64||52-week high||$12.73|
|Prev. close||$5.47||52-week low||$4.91|
|Day high||$5.66||Avg. volume||1,955,365|
|50-day MA||$6.37||Dividend yield||16.11%|
|200-day MA||$7.19||Market Cap||1.31B|
Chimera Investment Corporation (CIM) Company Bio
Chimera Investment Corporation invests in residential mortgage loans, residential mortgage-backed securities, real estate-related securities and various other asset classes. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
CIM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIM Latest Social Stream
View Full CIM Social Stream
Latest CIM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIM as an investment opportunity.
11 Extreme Dividend Stocks With Upside Potential
In this article, we discuss 11 extreme dividend stocks with upside potential. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their historical performance, and go directly to read 5 Extreme Dividend Stocks With Upside Potential. In the current inflationary environment, dividend stocks help reduce a portfolio’s volatility and provide a hedge against inflation. […]
12 Dividend Giants with Lowest Short Interest
In this article, we discuss 12 dividend giants with the lowest short interest. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance in the past, and go directly to read 5 Dividend Giants with Lowest Short Interest. Short interest refers to the total number of shares of a particular stock that investors […]
15 Highest Yielding Dividend Stocks You Can Buy
In this article, we discuss 15 highest-yielding dividend stocks you can buy. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance over the years, and go directly to read 5 Highest Yielding Dividend Stocks You Can Buy. After delivering a record-breaking performance in 2022, dividend stocks are grabbing the spotlight this year as […]
3 Dividend-Paying REITs for Passive Income
Investors who want to generate income should consider a position in these REITs, each of which has a very high dividend yield.
Chimera Investment Corporation (NYSE:CIM) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
Chimera Investment Corporation (NYSE:CIM) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript February 15, 2023 Operator: Greetings, and welcome to the Chimera Investment Corporation Fourth Quarter 2022 Earnings Conference Call. At this time, all participants are on a listen-only mode. A brief question-and-answer session will follow the formal presentation. As a reminder, this conference is being recorded. It […]
CIM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CIMWant to do more research on Chimera Investment Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Chimera Investment Corp (CIM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chimera Investment Corp (CIM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chimera Investment Corp (CIM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...