Chimera Investment Corporation (CIM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIM POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CIM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.89% of US stocks.
- CIM's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CIM ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
CIM Stock Summary
- For CIM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.89% of US equities we're observing.
- As for revenue growth, note that CIM's revenue has grown 282% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 97.07% of US companies in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CIM comes in at 88.68% -- higher than that of 98.06% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Chimera Investment Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ACRE, EFC, MITT, WHF, and NAVI.
- Visit CIM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chimerareit.com.
CIM Valuation Summary
- CIM's price/sales ratio is 3.7; this is 43.08% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- CIM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 341.6 over the prior 166 months.
- Over the past 166 months, CIM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 236.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIM.
CIM Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at -87.81%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 1332.52%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 33.68%.
The table below shows CIM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CIM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.94% of graded US stocks.
- CIM's asset turnover comes in at 0.057 -- ranking 295th of 444 Trading stocks.
- EQR, COHN, and CG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CIM.
The table below shows CIM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CIM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.61||52-week high||$16.85|
|Prev. close||$9.38||52-week low||$7.72|
|Day high||$9.61||Avg. volume||2,265,191|
|50-day MA||$9.31||Dividend yield||13.74%|
|200-day MA||$12.26||Market Cap||2.23B|
Chimera Investment Corporation (CIM) Company Bio
Chimera Investment Corporation invests in residential mortgage loans, residential mortgage-backed securities, real estate-related securities and various other asset classes. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
CIM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIM Latest Social Stream
View Full CIM Social Stream
Latest CIM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chimera Investment Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIM as an investment opportunity.
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Chimera Investment Corporation (NYSE:CIM) today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2021. The Company’s GAAP net loss for the fourth quarter was $718 thousand, or $0.00 per diluted common share and net income was $596 million, or $2.44 per diluted common share for the full year ended December 31, 2021. Earnings available for distribution(1) for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2021 was $111 million, or $0.46 per
No summary available.
Chimera Investment Corporation 8% PFD CUM SER D (CIM.PD) declares $0.50/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 8.03% Payable April 28; for shareholders of record..
Chimera Investment Corporation PFD SER B (CIM.PB) declares $0.50/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous. Forward yield 8.01% Payable April 28; for shareholders of record March 31;
CIM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CIMWant to do more research on Chimera Investment Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Chimera Investment Corp (CIM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chimera Investment Corp (CIM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chimera Investment Corp (CIM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch