CIT Group Inc (DEL) (CIT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIT POWR Grades
- CIT scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 92.42% of US stocks.
- CIT's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 146 days.
- CIT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 23.26% of US stocks).
CIT Stock Summary
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Cit Group Inc is reporting a growth rate of -272.54%; that's higher than just 7.36% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Cit Group Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 6.79% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Cit Group Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 60.86%, greater than the shareholder yield of 96.78% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cit Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be EQBK, WD, ECOL, SYBT, and OPHC.
- CIT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cit Group Inc's official web site, go to www.cit.com.
CIT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CIT's EV/EBIT ratio is 29.07% higher, now standing at 11.1.
- Over the past 142 months, CIT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 1462.1.
- CIT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 751.3 over the prior 142 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIT.
CIT Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -100%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 219.79%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -69.71%.
The table below shows CIT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CIT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.76% of graded US stocks.
- CIT's asset turnover comes in at 0.047 -- ranking 104th of 430 Banking stocks.
- GWB, BMTC, and BRKL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CIT.
The table below shows CIT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CIT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.50||52-week high||$56.62|
|Prev. close||$51.34||52-week low||$34.77|
|Day high||$54.33||Avg. volume||0|
|50-day MA||$50.51||Dividend yield||2.62%|
|200-day MA||$51.50||Market Cap||5.31B|
CIT Group Inc (DEL) (CIT) Company Bio
CIT Group provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Livingston, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
CIT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIT Latest Social Stream
View Full CIT Social Stream
Latest CIT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cit Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIT as an investment opportunity.
S&P Dow Jones Indices will make the following changes to the S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600:
CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) today announced that its Maritime Finance business provided $35.5 million to finance four commercial shipping vessels operated by Greenyield Shipping LLC.
Cortland Associates Inc. MO boosted its holdings in shares of CIT Group Inc. (NYSE:CIT) by 0.5% during the 3rd quarter, according to the company in its most recent disclosure with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The institutional investor owned 1,050,077 shares of the financial services providers stock after acquiring an additional 5,004 shares during the 
CHANDLER, ARIZ. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT), through its Healthcare Finance business, served as sole lead arranger of $34 million to refinance the Enclave at Chandler. Opened in 2018  The post CIT Arranges $34M Financing for Enclave at Chandler Seniors Housing Community in Arizona appeared first on REBusinessOnline .
Thinking about trading options or stock in Micron Technology, CIT Group, Moderna, Broadcom, or Coca-Cola?
NEW YORK , Dec. 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- InvestorsObserver issues critical PriceWatch Alerts for MU, CIT, MRNA, AVGO, and KO. Full story available on Benzinga.com
CIT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|