CIT Group Inc (DEL) (CIT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIT POWR Grades
- CIT scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 90.16% of US stocks.
- CIT's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- CIT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 35.64% of US stocks).
CIT Stock Summary
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Cit Group Inc is reporting a growth rate of -252.29%; that's higher than only 8.64% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that CIT's revenue has grown 73.78% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 91.27% of US companies in our set.
- Cit Group Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 69.12%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.12% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cit Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CSTR, PBCT, BSRR, TCBK, and SYBT.
- Visit CIT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cit.com.
CIT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CIT's EV/EBIT ratio is 29.07% higher, now standing at 11.1.
- Over the past 142 months, CIT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 1462.1.
- CIT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 751.3 over the prior 142 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIT.
CIT Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -59.07%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -100%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at -18.67%.
The table below shows CIT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CIT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 51.69% of graded US stocks.
- CIT's asset turnover comes in at 0.047 -- ranking 105th of 433 Banking stocks.
- GWB, BMTC, and BRKL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CIT.
The table below shows CIT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CIT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.00||52-week high||$56.62|
|Prev. close||$52.08||52-week low||$27.19|
|Day high||$52.59||Avg. volume||789,075|
|50-day MA||$52.70||Dividend yield||2.69%|
|200-day MA||$50.09||Market Cap||5.16B|
CIT Group Inc (DEL) (CIT) Company Bio
CIT Group provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Livingston, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
CIT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIT Latest Social Stream
View Full CIT Social Stream
Latest CIT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cit Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIT as an investment opportunity.
CIT Serves as Sole Lead Arranger for Up to $95 Million in Financing for Relaunch of Castle Rock Entertainment
CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) today announced that its Technology, Media and Telecommunications business served as sole lead arranger and administrative agent on up to $95 million in financing toward the relaunch of noted Hollywood film production company Castle Rock Entertainment.
DLD Asset Management LP bought a new stake in shares of CIT Group Inc. (NYSE:CIT) during the 2nd quarter, according to the company in its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The fund bought 82,384 shares of the financial services providers stock, valued at approximately $4,250,000. DLD Asset Management LP 
CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) today announced that the Industrial group within its Equipment Finance business has provided about $4.4 million in financing toward the acquisition of multiple pieces of heavy equipment.
NEW YORK, Oct. 18, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) today announced that its…
In this article we will check out the progression of hedge fund sentiment towards CIT Group Inc. (NYSE:CIT) and determine whether it is a good investment right now. We at Insider Monkey like to examine what billionaires and hedge funds think of a company before spending days of research on it. Given their 2 and […]
CIT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|