CIT Group Inc (DEL) (CIT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIT POWR Grades
- CIT scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 76.77% of US stocks.
- CIT's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CIT's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 29.69% of US stocks).
CIT Stock Summary
- CIT's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 91.44% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CIT has reported earnings growth of -271.82%, putting it ahead of only 7.82% of US stocks in our set.
- Cit Group Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 70.44%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.24% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cit Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be UMPQ, GWB, FULT, WBS, and ZION.
- CIT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cit Group Inc's official web site, go to www.cit.com.
CIT Valuation Summary
- CIT's price/sales ratio is 2.1; this is 36.36% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 141 months, CIT's price/earnings ratio has gone up 1470.3.
- CIT's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 738 over the prior 141 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIT.
CIT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -50.17%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -120.29%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -24.68%.
The table below shows CIT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.97||52-week high||$55.89|
|Prev. close||$48.72||52-week low||$15.65|
|Day high||$49.14||Avg. volume||889,018|
|50-day MA||$50.95||Dividend yield||2.87%|
|200-day MA||$44.36||Market Cap||4.85B|
CIT Group Inc (DEL) (CIT) Company Bio
CIT Group provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Livingston, New Jersey.
CIT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIT Latest Social Stream
View Full CIT Social Stream
Latest CIT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cit Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIT as an investment opportunity.
CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) today announced that its Healthcare Finance business served as lead arranger of $100 million in financing for Cornerstone Healthcare Group Holdings Inc. and their long-term acute care hospital division.
Higher revenues, decline in operating expenses and provision benefits support CIT Group's (CIT) Q2 earnings.
CIT Group Inc (DEL) found using ticker (CIT) now have 5 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 62 and 50 and has a mean target at 55. Given that the stocks previous close was at 47.85 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 14.9%. There is a 50 day moving average of 50.53 and the 200 day MA is 48.99. The company has a market capitalisation of $4,787m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="CIT" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] CIT Group Inc. operates as the holding company for CIT Bank, N.A. that provides banking and related services to commercial and individual customers. The company ope...
(RTTNews) - Below are the earnings highlights for CIT Group Inc. (CIT): -Earnings: $214.6 million in Q2 vs. -$97.6 million in the same period last year. -EPS: $2.14 in Q2 vs. -$0.99 in the same period last year. -Excluding items, CIT Group Inc. reported adjusted earnings of $209.8 million or $2.09 per share for the period. -Analysts
CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) today announced its second quarter 2021 financial results. View the full press release.
CIT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|