CompX International Inc. (CIX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CIX Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Compx International Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.36% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CIX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 0.5% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.09 for Compx International Inc; that's greater than it is for just 7.74% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Compx International Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TR, NPK, EDTK, VALU, and CGA.
- Visit CIX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.compx.com.
CIX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CIX's price/earnings ratio is 22.07% lower, now standing at 20.3.
- CIX's price/earnings ratio has moved up 8.1 over the prior 243 months.
- CIX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 3.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CIX.
CIX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -5.76%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 22.35%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -34.06%.
The table below shows CIX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CIX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CIX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.31||52-week high||$25.98|
|Prev. close||$21.65||52-week low||$12.50|
|Day high||$22.33||Avg. volume||12,479|
|50-day MA||$21.82||Dividend yield||3.7%|
|200-day MA||$19.56||Market Cap||276.78M|
CompX International Inc. (CIX) Company Bio
CompX International Inc. engages in the manufacture and sale of security products and recreational marine components primarily in North America. The company operates through two segments, Security Products and Marine Components. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CIX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CIX Latest Social Stream
View Full CIX Social Stream
Latest CIX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Compx International Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CIX as an investment opportunity.
DALLAS CompX International Inc. (CIX) on Tuesday reported second-quarter net income of $4.6 million. The Dallas-based company said it had profit of 37 cents per share. The security products maker posted revenue of $36.3 million in the period. CompX shares have climbed 33% since the beginning of the year. In the final minutes of 
Dallas, Texas, Aug. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CompX International Inc. (NYSE American: CIX) announced today sales of $36.3 million for the second quarter of 2021 compared to $23.8 million in the same period of 2020. Operating income was $5.8 million in the second quarter of 2021 compared to $2.4 million in the same period in 2020. Net income for the second quarter of 2021 was $4.6 million, or $0.37 per diluted share, compared to $2.1 million, or $0.17 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2020. The second quarter of 2020 was the quarter most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dallas, Texas, Aug. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CompX International Inc. (NYSE American: CIX) announced today that its board of directors has declared CompXs regular quarterly dividend of twenty cents ($0.20) per share on its class A common stock, payable on September 14, 2021 to stockholders of record at the close of business on September 2, 2021.
Dallas, Texas, May 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CompX International Inc. (NYSE American: CIX) announced today that its board of directors has declared CompX’s regular quarterly dividend of twenty cents ($0.20) per share on its class A common stock, payable on June 15, 2021 to stockholders of record at the close of business on June 7, 2021. CompX also announced that at its annual stockholder meeting held on May 26, 2021, its stockholders: elected each of Thomas E. Barry, Loretta J. Feehan, Robert D. Graham, Terri L. Herrington, Scott C. James, Ann Manix and Mary A. Tidlund as a director for a one year term; andadopted a resolution that approved, on a nonbinding advisory basis, the compensation of its named executive officers as disclosed in the proxy statement for the 2021 annual stockho...
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of CompX International Inc. ( NYSEMKT:CIX ) by taking the...
CIX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CIXWant to do more research on Compx International Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Compx International Inc (CIX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Compx International Inc (CIX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Compx International Inc (CIX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch