Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): Price and Financial Metrics
CL Stock Summary
- CL has a higher market value than 96.62% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $60,678,730,776.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CL is -47.81 -- better than just 0.39% of US stocks.
- CL's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 0.44% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ITW, RTN, SCHW, NOC, and TGT.
- Visit CL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.colgatepalmolive.com.
CL Stock Price Chart More Charts
CL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$76.27||52-week high||$77.41|
|Prev. close||$75.16||52-week low||$64.75|
|Day high||$76.54||Avg. volume||4,222,363|
|50-day MA||$71.19||Dividend yield||2.26%|
|200-day MA||$71.03||Market Cap||65.37B|
Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL) Company Bio
Colgate-Palmolive manufactures and markets consumer products worldwide. It operates in two segments: Oral, Personal and Home Care; and Pet Nutrition. The company was founded in 1806 and is based in New York, New York.
CL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Colgate Palmolive Co. To summarize, we found that Colgate Palmolive Co ranked in the 28st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CL, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 21.7; that's higher than 85.38% of US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that have positive free cash flow.
- CL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 40.41% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|