Colgate-Palmolive Co. (CL): Price and Financial Metrics
CL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$70.76||52-week high||$82.09|
|Prev. close||$71.11||52-week low||$67.84|
|Day high||$70.98||Avg. volume||4,622,928|
|50-day MA||$74.28||Dividend yield||2.69%|
|200-day MA||$75.68||Market Cap||58.50B|
CL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CL POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.01% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CL is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CL's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 15.64% of US stocks).
CL Stock Summary
- COLGATE PALMOLIVE CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than only 0.07% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 67.6 for COLGATE PALMOLIVE CO; that's greater than it is for 99.33% of US stocks.
- The volatility of COLGATE PALMOLIVE CO's share price is greater than that of merely 0.81% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to COLGATE PALMOLIVE CO are BGI, MCK, AVAH, KIRK, and CAH.
- Visit CL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.colgatepalmolive.com.
CL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CL's price/sales ratio is 77.78% higher, now standing at 3.2.
- Over the past 243 months, CL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CL.
CL Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 4.68%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 4.03%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 2.23%.
The table below shows CL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CL has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.02% of graded US stocks.
- CL's asset turnover comes in at 1.091 -- ranking 19th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- SCL, LEG, and ETD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CL.
The table below shows CL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Colgate-Palmolive Co. (CL) Company Bio
Colgate-Palmolive Company is an American multinational consumer products company headquartered on Park Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It specializes in the production, distribution and provision of household, health care, personal care and veterinary products. (Source:Wikipedia)
CL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CL Latest Social Stream
View Full CL Social Stream
Latest CL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COLGATE PALMOLIVE CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CL as an investment opportunity.
Crude prices fell on the last trading day of September on growing uneasiness over how the world might cope in the coming months with exploding energy costs, even as the U.S. economy and inflation appeared to have escaped the worst of such impact right away. New York-traded West Texas Intermediate, or WTI, crude for delivery in November settled at $90.79 per barrel, down 92 cents, or 1%, on the day. While WTI fell on the day, it rose 0.8% on the week, resuming its rally from the end of August after a one-week hiatus last week.
These names, which have raised their payouts for over 50 straight years, have dividends that are well-covered even during a recession.
Consumer confidence is declining on recession fears. Defensive stocks like ALLETE (ALE), Consolidated Water (CWCO), American Water Works Company (AWK), Kimberly-Clark (KMB) and Colgate-Palmolive (CL) are safe bets.
A look at how the major markets are performing on Thursday.
U.S. stockpiles of crude oil fell last week for a second week in a row while inventories of fuel products gasoline and distillates rose, a government report said Wednesday. The U.S. crude inventory balance fell by 2.169 million barrels during the week ended Sept. 22, according to the Weekly Petroleum Status Report of the U.S. Energy Information Administration, or EIA. Aside from the headline drop in crude stockpiles, the EIA cited a drop of 0.943M barrels last week at the Cushing, Oklahoma hub that serves as a central delivery and storage point for U.S. crude.
CL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|