Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): Price and Financial Metrics
CL Stock Summary
- Colgate Palmolive Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.55% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 39.71 for Colgate Palmolive Co; that's greater than it is for 98.83% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CL is more volatile than merely 1.63% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Colgate Palmolive Co, a group of peers worth examining would be PUK, SPGI, KMB, SYY, and ITW.
- CL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Colgate Palmolive Co's official web site, go to www.colgatepalmolive.com.
CL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$81.50||52-week high||$86.41|
|Prev. close||$80.37||52-week low||$65.54|
|Day high||$81.88||Avg. volume||4,918,745|
|50-day MA||$77.77||Dividend yield||2.19%|
|200-day MA||$79.23||Market Cap||69.07B|
Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL) Company Bio
Colgate-Palmolive manufactures and markets consumer products worldwide. It operates in two segments: Oral, Personal and Home Care; and Pet Nutrition. The company was founded in 1806 and is based in New York, New York.
CL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Colgate Palmolive Co. To summarize, we found that Colgate Palmolive Co ranked in the 36th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 55%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Colgate Palmolive Co ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 22.23; that's higher than 83.56% of US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that have positive free cash flow.
- CL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 32.65% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CL Latest Social Stream
View Full CL Social Stream
Latest CL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Colgate Palmolive Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CL as an investment opportunity.
Colgate-Palmolive Webcasts 2021 First Quarter Earnings Conference Call April 30, 2021 – 8:30 a.m. ET
Colgate-Palmolive Company (NYSE:CL) will provide a live webcast of its 2021 first quarter earnings conference call on Friday, April 30, 2021, at 8:30 a.m. ET. The call will be hosted by Chairman, President and CEO, Noel Wallace, and Chief Investor Relations Officer, John Faucher.
Photo by erhui1979/DigitalVision Vectors via Getty Images This article series helps to keep investors informed of upcoming dividend increases. Any company can increase its dividend, but these companies have a history of annual increases. For investors, this can be an opportunity to start or add to positions before an increased...
The stock quoted a 52-week high price of Rs 1675.8 and low of Rs 1257.2.
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of Colgate-Palmolive...
The company has capitalized on the pandemic through increased e-commerce sales
CL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CLWant to do more research on Colgate Palmolive Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!