Clorox Company (The) (CLX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CLX POWR Grades
- CLX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 74.92% of US stocks.
- CLX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- CLX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 3.67% of US stocks).
CLX Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CLX is 19.65 -- better than 98.74% of US stocks.
- Clorox Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 9.57 for Clorox Co; that's greater than it is for 90.63% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Clorox Co, a group of peers worth examining would be XPO, MTD, CDW, KR, and BURL.
- CLX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Clorox Co's official web site, go to www.thecloroxcompany.com.
CLX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CLX's price/earnings ratio is 29.36% higher, now standing at 29.3.
- CLX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CLX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CLX.
CLX Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 7.81%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 26.82%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -57.75%.
The table below shows CLX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CLX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CLX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.7% of graded US stocks.
- CLX's asset turnover comes in at 1.117 -- ranking 18th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- PG, SCL, and LZB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CLX.
The table below shows CLX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CLX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$174.21||52-week high||$231.11|
|Prev. close||$168.07||52-week low||$156.23|
|Day high||$174.46||Avg. volume||1,475,094|
|50-day MA||$164.52||Dividend yield||2.66%|
|200-day MA||$176.32||Market Cap||21.40B|
Clorox Company (The) (CLX) Company Bio
Clorox manufactures and markets consumer and professional products worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Cleaning, Household, Lifestyle, and International. The company was founded in 1913 and is based in Oakland, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CLX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLX Latest Social Stream
View Full CLX Social Stream
Latest CLX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Clorox Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLX as an investment opportunity.
Stocks that traded heavily or had substantial price changes Friday: Delta, Carnival fall; Moderna, Clorox rise
Veracity Capital LLC raised its holdings in The Clorox Company (NYSE:CLX) by 7.8% during the 3rd quarter, according to the company in its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The firm owned 1,380 shares of the company’s stock after purchasing an additional 100 shares during the period. Veracity Capital LLC’s […]
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of The Clorox Company ( NYSE:CLX ) by projecting its...
Alpha Omega Wealth Management LLC bought a new stake in The Clorox Company (NYSE:CLX) during the 3rd quarter, according to the company in its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The institutional investor bought 1,610 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $267,000. Several other institutional investors and hedge […]
Quietly, The Clorox Company has promoted one of its own to run Burt’s Bees, its Durham-based subsidiary dedicated to natural cosmetics.
CLX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|