Clorox Co. (CLX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CLX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CLX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 72.63% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CLX is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CLX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.75% of US stocks).
CLX Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CLX is 22.62 -- better than 98.84% of US stocks.
- CLX's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 13.75 for Clorox Co; that's greater than it is for 96.36% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CLX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are JHX, AXTA, COO, FLWS, and CSL.
- Visit CLX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thecloroxcompany.com.
CLX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CLX's price/earnings ratio is 29.36% higher, now standing at 29.3.
- CLX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CLX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CLX.
CLX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 21.43%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 19.81%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 48.89%.
The table below shows CLX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CLX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CLX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.7% of graded US stocks.
- CLX's asset turnover comes in at 1.117 -- ranking 18th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- PG, SCL, and LZB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CLX.
The table below shows CLX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CLX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$139.59||52-week high||$191.75|
|Prev. close||$138.30||52-week low||$127.02|
|Day high||$140.54||Avg. volume||1,536,591|
|50-day MA||$144.35||Dividend yield||3.32%|
|200-day MA||$159.30||Market Cap||17.18B|
Clorox Co. (CLX) Company Bio
The Clorox Company (formerly Clorox Chemical Company) is an American global manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products. As of 2020 the Oakland, California based company had approximately 8,800 employees worldwide. Net sales for 2020 fiscal year were US$6.7 billion. Ranked annually since 2000, Clorox was named number 474 on Fortune magazine's 2020 Fortune 500 list. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CLX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLX Latest Social Stream
View Full CLX Social Stream
Latest CLX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Clorox Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLX as an investment opportunity.
No summary available.
America's top consumer brands are are facing higher input costs.
Wednesdays Top Analysts Upgrades and Downgrades: Bloomin Brands, ChargePoint, Clorox, Cloudflare, Intel, Novavax, Owens Corning, Palo Alto Networks, PPL and More
Wednesday''s top analyst upgrades and downgrades included Bloomin'' Brands, ChargePoint, Clorox, Cloudflare, Intel, Novavax, Owens Corning, Palo Alto Networks and PPL.
TechTarget and Clorox have been highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day.
Clorox's hoarding-fueled consumption behavior was proven to be unsustainable, with year-over-year top and bottom-line declines in its past 4 quarterly reports
CLX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|