Clorox Company (The) (CLX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CLX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CLX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.75% of US stocks.
- CLX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- CLX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.68% of US stocks).
CLX Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CLX is 10.12 -- better than 96.96% of US stocks.
- CLX's went public 35.6 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CLX is more volatile than merely 6.4% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CLX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are K, IT, CDW, MOH, and CFG.
- CLX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Clorox Co's official web site, go to www.thecloroxcompany.com.
CLX Valuation Summary
- CLX's price/sales ratio is 3.1; this is 14.81% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CLX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 4.9.
- Over the past 243 months, CLX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CLX.
CLX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 44.67%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 4.69%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.8%.
The table below shows CLX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CLX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$166.50||52-week high||$239.87|
|Prev. close||$164.06||52-week low||$159.32|
|Day high||$166.90||Avg. volume||1,601,018|
|50-day MA||$178.35||Dividend yield||2.57%|
|200-day MA||$191.23||Market Cap||20.71B|
Clorox Company (The) (CLX) Company Bio
Clorox manufactures and markets consumer and professional products worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Cleaning, Household, Lifestyle, and International. The company was founded in 1913 and is based in Oakland, California.
CLX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Clorox Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Clorox Co ranked in the 43th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Clorox Co, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 13 -- which is good for besting 75.45% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- CLX's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 30.93% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CLX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLX Latest Social Stream
View Full CLX Social Stream
Latest CLX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Clorox Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLX as an investment opportunity.
Clorox (NYSE:CLX) is scheduled to announce FQ4 earnings results on Tuesday, August 3rd, before market open. The consensus EPS Estimate is $1.31 (-45.6% Y/Y) and the consensus Revenue Estimate is $1.91B (-3.5% Y/Y). Analysts expects gross margin rate of 41.3%. Over the last 1 year, CLX has beaten EPS estimates...
Clorox (CLX) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Clorox and Take Pride Winnipeg partner to provide additional disinfectant to community centres in the city
(NYSE: CLX) (NYSE: CLX.B) - In an effort to help provide a sense of safety as Winnipeggers prepare to return to community centres, Take Pride Winnipeg is partnering with The Clorox Company to provide state-of-the-art Clorox Total 360® Systems to disinfect community centres across the city.
Elevated manufacturing and logistics costs might have hurt Clorox's (CLX) bottom line in fourth-quarter fiscal 2021. Nonetheless, its IGNITE strategy and cost-saving initiatives are encouraging.
Clorox (CLX) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
CLX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|