Clorox Co. (CLX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CLX POWR Grades
- CLX scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 78.29% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CLX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- CLX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 17.7% of US stocks).
CLX Stock Summary
- CLOROX CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.74% of US listed stocks.
- CLX's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 96.86% of US stocks.
- The volatility of CLOROX CO's share price is greater than that of merely 3.75% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CLX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BANR, WASH, AMCR, SMBK, and IROQ.
- CLX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CLOROX CO's official web site, go to www.thecloroxcompany.com.
CLX Valuation Summary
- CLX's price/sales ratio is 2.6; this is 30% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- CLX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CLX.
CLX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -3.29%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.34%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -5.5%.
The table below shows CLX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CLX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CLX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.7% of graded US stocks.
- CLX's asset turnover comes in at 1.117 -- ranking 18th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- PG, SCL, and LZB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CLX.
The table below shows CLX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CLX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$149.03||52-week high||$186.86|
|Prev. close||$149.50||52-week low||$120.50|
|Day high||$150.65||Avg. volume||1,317,562|
|50-day MA||$139.13||Dividend yield||3.17%|
|200-day MA||$142.11||Market Cap||18.39B|
Clorox Co. (CLX) Company Bio
The Clorox Company (formerly Clorox Chemical Company) is an American global manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products. As of 2020 the Oakland, California based company had approximately 8,800 employees worldwide. Net sales for 2020 fiscal year were US$6.7 billion. Ranked annually since 2000, Clorox was named number 474 on Fortune magazine's 2020 Fortune 500 list. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CLX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLX Latest Social Stream
View Full CLX Social Stream
Latest CLX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CLOROX CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLX as an investment opportunity.
Clorox has taken a drubbing, but management is doing the right things to get the company back on track.
This is no time to be sentimental.
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) announced today that its board of directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $1.18 per share on the company's common stock. The dividend is payable Feb. 10, 2023, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Jan. 25, 2023.
The holidays are right around the corner and this year, Hidden Valley® Ranch is bringing flavor to seasonal traditions with the launch of "Ranch on a Branch," a limited-edition collectible boxed set that includes a stuffed plushie Hidden Valley Ranch and an artfully illustrated storybook depicting the main character's dream: to become a REAL bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch.
Market volatility have you worried?
CLX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|