Clorox Co. (CLX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CLX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$159.09||52-week high||$178.21|
|Prev. close||$158.34||52-week low||$120.50|
|Day high||$159.99||Avg. volume||1,226,087|
|50-day MA||$161.95||Dividend yield||2.98%|
|200-day MA||$149.00||Market Cap||19.67B|
CLX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CLX POWR Grades
- CLX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 76.65% of US stocks.
- CLX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CLX ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
CLX Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CLX is 2,390.33 -- better than 100% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 266.71, CLOROX CO P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.82% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- CLX's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 97.7% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CLX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WK, FTNT, HD, AEHL, and RRGB.
- CLX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CLOROX CO's official web site, go to www.thecloroxcompany.com.
CLX Valuation Summary
- CLX's EV/EBIT ratio is 100; this is 433.33% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- CLX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CLX.
CLX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 35.39%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -21.49%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -16.85%.
The table below shows CLX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CLX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CLX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.7% of graded US stocks.
- CLX's asset turnover comes in at 1.117 -- ranking 18th of 50 Consumer Goods stocks.
- PG, SCL, and LZB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CLX.
The table below shows CLX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CLX Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CLX, see our CLX price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$161.66||Average Broker Recommendation||2.09 (Hold)|
Clorox Co. (CLX) Company Bio
The Clorox Company (formerly Clorox Chemical Company) is an American global manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products. As of 2020 the Oakland, California based company had approximately 8,800 employees worldwide. Net sales for 2020 fiscal year were US$6.7 billion. Ranked annually since 2000, Clorox was named number 474 on Fortune magazine's 2020 Fortune 500 list. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CLX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CLX Latest Social Stream
View Full CLX Social Stream
Latest CLX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CLOROX CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CLX as an investment opportunity.
3 Stocks to Sell as Debt Ceiling Looms Over Government Spending
In a challenging market environment, weak positions can become even more vulnerable.
Returns On Capital Signal Difficult Times Ahead For Clorox (NYSE:CLX)
What underlying fundamental trends can indicate that a company might be in decline? Typically, we'll see the trend of...
5 Soaps & Cleaning Materials Stocks to Gain in a Prospering Industry
The soap and cleaning materials industry is positioned to gain from revived demand trends, pricing actions, innovation, digital transformation and brand building, while elevated costs remain headwinds. Players like PG, CL, RBGLY, CHD and CLX look well-poised.
2 of the Cheapest Stocks I Own
I prefer to buy stocks with long histories of dividend increases when they have high yields. This pair is still in buy territory.
Is Clorox (CLX) Outperforming Other Consumer Staples Stocks This Year?
Here is how Clorox (CLX) and General Mills (GIS) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
CLX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CLXWant to see what other sources are saying about Clorox Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Clorox Co (CLX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Clorox Co (CLX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Clorox Co (CLX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...