Clorox Company (The) (CLX) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- Over the past six years, CLX has issued more dividends than 83.9% of other dividend-issuing US stocks.
- If you're seeking price stability while collecting dividends, note that CLX has less volatility in its price than 87.03% of US stocks in our dividend set.
- In terms of absolute dollars distributed to common shareholders over the past 12 months, CLX has returned $554,000,000 US dollars, more than 82.34% of US dividend issuers.
- To help you reduce price risk in your dividend portfolio, here are the dividend stocks that are least correlated with CLX's price: IRS, CMCT, STAF, WPG and HCC.
CLX Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. As for CLX, the DDM model generated by StockNews estimates a return of negative 69.48% in comparison to its current price. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Clorox Co are:
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector, the expected return of -69.48%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than only 10.98% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, Clorox Co bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than only 10.98% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- Clorox Co's market cap of $20 billion US dollars puts it in the large-sized market cap class; here, it has a lower equity discount rate than only 1.22% of stocks.
- Beta tells us how volatile a stock's price is relative to the broader equity index; as for CLX, approximately 99.65% of US-listed dividend issuers had a higher beta, and thus may have greater price volatility.
CLX Dividend Chart
CLX Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|