Commercial Metals Company (CMC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMC POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where CMC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.4% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMC is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CMC ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
CMC Stock Summary
- CMC's went public 35.27 years ago, making it older than 91.53% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- CMC's current price/earnings ratio is 5.27, which is higher than merely 10.48% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of COMMERCIAL METALS CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.76% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to COMMERCIAL METALS CO, a group of peers worth examining would be MATX, VIST, MLM, AGL, and UUUU.
- CMC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COMMERCIAL METALS CO's official web site, go to home.
CMC Valuation Summary
- CMC's EV/EBIT ratio is 4.3; this is 60% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CMC's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMC.
CMC Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 40.35%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -28.25%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -28.25%.
The table below shows CMC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.91% of graded US stocks.
- CMC's asset turnover comes in at 1.573 -- ranking 6th of 40 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- KALU, BDC, and X are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMC.
The table below shows CMC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$56.57||52-week high||$58.09|
|Prev. close||$56.04||52-week low||$31.47|
|Day high||$58.09||Avg. volume||1,194,200|
|50-day MA||$50.77||Dividend yield||1.13%|
|200-day MA||$42.57||Market Cap||6.64B|
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) Company Bio
Commercial Metals manufactures, recycles, and markets steel and metal products, and related materials and services in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1915 and is based in Irving, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMC Latest Social Stream
View Full CMC Social Stream
Latest CMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMMERCIAL METALS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMC as an investment opportunity.
U.S. Steel (X) beats Q4 estimates despite lower overall shipments and lower prices across Flat-Rolled, Mini Mill and U.S. Steel Europe units.
In the latest trading session, Commercial Metals (CMC) closed at $56.04, marking a +0.05% move from the previous day.
Commercial Metals Company (NYSE: CMC) today announced that it has been recognized on Newsweek's list of America's Most Responsible Companies 2023. This prestigious award is presented by Newsweek and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider. The awards list can be viewed on Newsweek's website.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
WestRock (WRK) witnesses a year-over-year decline in earnings and revenues in the first quarter of fiscal 2023 owing to lower volumes and higher costs.
CMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|