Commercial Metals Company (CMC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMC POWR Grades
- CMC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.4% of US stocks.
- CMC's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 198 days.
- CMC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
CMC Stock Summary
- CMC's went public 33.52 years ago, making it older than 90.69% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of COMMERCIAL METALS Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 83.94% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- CMC's price/sales ratio is 0.67; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 13.25% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CMC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CLS, PAR, UFI, MNKD, and CDE.
- CMC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COMMERCIAL METALS Co's official web site, go to home.
CMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.39||52-week high||$32.43|
|Prev. close||$31.17||52-week low||$13.72|
|Day high||$31.51||Avg. volume||1,408,453|
|50-day MA||$29.22||Dividend yield||1.53%|
|200-day MA||$23.12||Market Cap||3.78B|
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) Company Bio
Commercial Metals manufactures, recycles, and markets steel and metal products, and related materials and services in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1915 and is based in Irving, Texas.
CMC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for COMMERCIAL METALS Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that COMMERCIAL METALS Co ranked in the 91th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CMC, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.74 years comes in at 0.82%; that's greater than 87.36% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- As a business, CMC is generating more cash flow than 67.7% of positive cash flow stocks in the Basic Materials.
- COMMERCIAL METALS Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 14.76% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMC Latest Social Stream
View Full CMC Social Stream
Latest CMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMMERCIAL METALS Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMC as an investment opportunity.
Passive investing in index funds can generate returns that roughly match the overall market. But if you pick the right...
Insider Monkey has processed numerous 13F filings of hedge funds and successful value investors to create an extensive database of hedge fund holdings. The 13F filings show the hedge funds’ and successful investors’ positions as of the end of the fourth quarter. You can find articles about an individual hedge fund’s trades on numerous financial […]
Commercial Metals (CMC) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Commercial Metals (CMC) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
If smaller value stocks are your thing, Janus Henderson’s Small-Mid Cap Value Fund is a good source of ideas.
CMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|