Commercial Metals Company (CMC): Price and Financial Metrics
CMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$49.41||52-week high||$58.09|
|Prev. close||$49.72||52-week low||$35.22|
|Day high||$50.27||Avg. volume||907,346|
|50-day MA||$54.32||Dividend yield||1.28%|
|200-day MA||$50.81||Market Cap||5.77B|
CMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMC POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CMC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 80.18% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMC is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CMC's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 13.75% of US stocks).
CMC Stock Summary
- CMC's went public 35.92 years ago, making it older than 91.15% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- CMC's current price/earnings ratio is 6.03, which is higher than just 11.51% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -24.66%, COMMERCIAL METALS CO's debt growth rate surpasses just 12.99% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to COMMERCIAL METALS CO, a group of peers worth examining would be IIIN, ASIX, WIRE, CMT, and G.
- Visit CMC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to home.
CMC Valuation Summary
- CMC's price/earnings ratio is 6.7; this is 59.02% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- CMC's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMC.
CMC Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 44.92%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 458.47%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 142.51%.
The table below shows CMC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.91% of graded US stocks.
- CMC's asset turnover comes in at 1.573 -- ranking 6th of 40 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- KALU, BDC, and X are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMC.
The table below shows CMC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) Company Bio
Commercial Metals manufactures, recycles, and markets steel and metal products, and related materials and services in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1915 and is based in Irving, Texas.
CMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMC Latest Social Stream
View Full CMC Social Stream
Latest CMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMMERCIAL METALS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMC as an investment opportunity.
The heavy selling pressure might have exhausted for Commercial Metals (CMC) as it is technically in oversold territory now. In addition to this technical measure, strong agreement among Wall Street analysts in revising earnings estimates higher indicates that the stock is ripe for a trend reversal.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Several steel companies are attractive at the moment with their stocks largely outperforming the broader market over the last few years.
Key Insights Using the 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity, Commercial Metals fair value estimate is US$39.72 Current...
POSCO, Commercial Metals and L.B. Foster have been highlighted in this Industry Outlook article.
CMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|