Commercial Metals Company (CMC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CMC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMC is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- CMC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
CMC Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 195.62, COMMERCIAL METALS Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 84.72% of US stocks.
- CMC's went public 33.75 years ago, making it older than 90.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- CMC's price/sales ratio is 0.63; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 12.07% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to COMMERCIAL METALS Co are WISA, MGPI, AZZ, EVTC, and ACIW.
- Visit CMC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to home.
CMC Valuation Summary
- CMC's price/sales ratio is 0.6; this is 75% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CMC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 2.
- Over the past 243 months, CMC's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMC.
CMC Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -130.93%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -39.1%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -5.43%.
The table below shows CMC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.80||52-week high||$34.02|
|Prev. close||$33.02||52-week low||$18.67|
|Day high||$33.35||Avg. volume||1,242,902|
|50-day MA||$31.33||Dividend yield||1.46%|
|200-day MA||$26.23||Market Cap||3.96B|
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) Company Bio
Commercial Metals manufactures, recycles, and markets steel and metal products, and related materials and services in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1915 and is based in Irving, Texas.
CMC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CMC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that COMMERCIAL METALS Co ranked in the 91th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of COMMERCIAL METALS Co, consider:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.74 years, is 0.82% -- higher than 87.34% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 66.55% of its sector Basic Materials.
- COMMERCIAL METALS Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.63% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMC Latest Social Stream
View Full CMC Social Stream
Latest CMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMMERCIAL METALS Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMC as an investment opportunity.
Commercial Metals (CMC) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
There are a few key trends to look for if we want to identify the next multi-bagger. Firstly, we'll want to see a...
The Zacks Rank offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks and build a winning investment portfolio. Here's why you should take advantage.
Nucor (NUE) announces the acquisition of Hannibal Industries and the transaction is expected to widen its solution to warehouses and distribution customers.
Global Ferrous Metal Recycling Equipment Market 2021 Future Set to Massive Growth with High CAGR value | Market Players: ArcelorMittal (Luxembourg), Nucor Corporation (U.S.), Commercial Metals Company (U.S.), Sims Metal Management Limited (U.S.), Aurubis AG (Germany)
The report on Global Ferrous Metal Recycling Equipment Market has been provided by researchers for a detailed understanding of market performance over an estimated period of time set from 2021 to 2026. However, this report has introduced a brief overview to provide the reader with better information on this report. This brief description contains a 
CMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|