Commercial Metals Company (CMC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMC POWR Grades
- CMC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 85% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMC is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- CMC's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 31.06% of US stocks).
CMC Stock Summary
- COMMERCIAL METALS CO's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.19% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of COMMERCIAL METALS CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.64% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, CMC has reported earnings growth of 193.97%, putting it ahead of 91.39% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to COMMERCIAL METALS CO are AGL, MATX, VIST, ALB, and ALEX.
- Visit CMC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to home.
CMC Valuation Summary
- CMC's price/earnings ratio is 4.3; this is 60.37% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CMC's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMC.
CMC Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 188.44%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -55.09%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -47.75%.
The table below shows CMC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.91% of graded US stocks.
- CMC's asset turnover comes in at 1.573 -- ranking 6th of 40 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- KALU, BDC, and X are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMC.
The table below shows CMC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.49||52-week high||$46.68|
|Prev. close||$35.86||52-week low||$29.96|
|Day high||$36.31||Avg. volume||1,099,550|
|50-day MA||$39.74||Dividend yield||1.56%|
|200-day MA||$38.23||Market Cap||4.28B|
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) Company Bio
Commercial Metals manufactures, recycles, and markets steel and metal products, and related materials and services in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1915 and is based in Irving, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMC Latest Social Stream
View Full CMC Social Stream
Latest CMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMMERCIAL METALS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMC as an investment opportunity.
In the latest trading session, Commercial Metals (CMC) closed at $37.07, marking a -0.51% move from the previous day.
Nonresidential construction in the U.S. is slowing down, meaning there is less demand for steel. Production remains below prepandemic levels.
Nevertheless, the discouraging prospect of more pain ahead doesn't mean you need to sit in cash.
Commercial Metals (CMC) closed the most recent trading day at $37.59, moving -0.34% from the previous trading session.
Commercial Metals (CMC) buys Advanced Steel Recovery to ensure a steady and cost-effective supply of ferrous scrap to its mills in Arizona.
CMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|