Commercial Metals Company (CMC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CMC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.68% of US stocks.
- CMC's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 51 weeks.
- CMC's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 53.72% of US stocks).
CMC Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 190.51, COMMERCIAL METALS Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 86.15% of US stocks.
- COMMERCIAL METALS Co's stock had its IPO on November 5, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.46% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.61, COMMERCIAL METALS Co has a higher such ratio than only 12.4% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to COMMERCIAL METALS Co are ACA, MGPI, AZZ, KE, and VEC.
- Visit CMC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to home.
CMC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CMC's price/sales ratio is 73.91% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- Over the past 243 months, CMC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 5.7.
- Over the past 243 months, CMC's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMC.
CMC Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -130.93%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 58.04%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 106.25%.
The table below shows CMC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.7% of graded US stocks.
- CMC's asset turnover comes in at 1.476 -- ranking 7th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- KALU, SPLP, and WOR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMC.
The table below shows CMC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.70||52-week high||$36.49|
|Prev. close||$30.97||52-week low||$18.67|
|Day high||$32.13||Avg. volume||1,149,956|
|50-day MA||$32.16||Dividend yield||1.51%|
|200-day MA||$29.35||Market Cap||3.82B|
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) Company Bio
Commercial Metals manufactures, recycles, and markets steel and metal products, and related materials and services in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1915 and is based in Irving, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMC Latest Social Stream
View Full CMC Social Stream
Latest CMC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMMERCIAL METALS Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMC as an investment opportunity.
Unless stated otherwise, all references made to year or quarter end are references to the company's fiscal year or fiscal quarter. Good morning, everyone, and thank you for joining CMC's fourth-quarter earnings conference call.
Commercial Metals Company (CMC), a manufacturer and recycler of steel and metal products, announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a new share buyback program of $350 million. The new plan replaces the existing program, which has $27 million remaining. Following the news, shares popped 3.2% before closing the day flat at $32.49 on Wednesday. The Board also increased its quarterly cash dividend by $0.02 to $0.14 per common share, to be paid on November 10 to shareholders of record as of October 27. The new quarterly dividend implies an annualized common share dividend of $0.56 per share, reflecting a dividend yield of 1.7%.
Commercial Metals (CMC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -8.70% and -2.60%, respectively, for the quarter ended August 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Commercial Metals Company (NYSE: CMC) today announced financial results for its fiscal fourth quarter ended August 31, 2021. Earnings from continuing operations were $152.3 million, or $1.24 per diluted share, on net sales of $2.0 billion, compared to prior year earnings from continuing operations of $67.8 million, or $0.56 per diluted share, on net sales of $1.4 billion. For the full year, earnings from continuing operations were $412.9 million, or $3.38 per diluted share, compared to $278.3 mi
Good things could be on the horizon when a stock surpasses the 50-Day simple moving average. How should investors react?
CMC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|