Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. (CMG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMG POWR Grades
- CMG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 92.05% of US stocks.
- CMG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CMG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
CMG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $44,528,144,994, CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC has a greater market value than 94.72% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CMG is 3.62 -- better than 86.07% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 55.05, CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 89.45% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC, a group of peers worth examining would be LHX, MCO, VRSK, TPL, and FLT.
- CMG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC's official web site, go to www.chipotle.com.
CMG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, CMG's price/sales ratio is 537.5% higher, now standing at 5.1.
- CMG's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.6 over the prior 207 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMG.
CMG Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 55.75%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 331.55%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 331.55%.
The table below shows CMG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.75% of graded US stocks.
- CMG's asset turnover comes in at 1.147 -- ranking 9th of 79 Restaraunts Hotels Motels stocks.
- PBPB, MCD, and CAKE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMG.
The table below shows CMG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,613.78||52-week high||$1,754.56|
|Prev. close||$1,606.29||52-week low||$1,196.28|
|Day high||$1,629.91||Avg. volume||279,033|
|50-day MA||$1,498.73||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,478.75||Market Cap||44.74B|
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. (CMG) Company Bio
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (/tʃɪˈpoʊtleɪ/, chih-POHT-lay), often known simply as Chipotle, is an American chain of fast casual restaurants in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, and France, specializing in tacos and Mission burritos that are made to order in front of the customer. Its name derives from chipotle, the Nahuatl name for a smoked and dried jalapeño chili pepper. The company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CMG.(Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CMG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMG Latest Social Stream
View Full CMG Social Stream
Latest CMG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMG as an investment opportunity.
Shares of McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) performed well in 2022, beating a down market thanks to solid demand in the fast-food industry. The chain enjoyed higher customer traffic in most markets and was mostly able to pass along higher costs by raising menu prices. Currency exchange rates hurt earnings, to be sure, but its huge scale helped Mickey D's stay ahead of rivals like Chipotle (NYSE: CMG).
While many restaurants struggled to get by during the pandemic, Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) absolutely thrived, expanding its store footprint and increasing revenue and net income. Is Chipotle poised to significantly reward shareholders? Based on its recent price (as of Jan. 23) of $1,570, if Chipotle hits $2,000 by the end of the year, that would be an outstanding gain of 27%.
Wells Fargo started off coverage on Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) with an Overweight rating on its view the restaurant stock features best-in-class unit economics. Read more.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) closed the most recent trading day at $1,595.09, moving -0.14% from the previous trading session.
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
CMG Price Returns
Continue Researching CMGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch