Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. (CMG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMG POWR Grades
- CMG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 84.4% of US stocks.
- CMG's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- CMG's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 13.19% of US stocks).
CMG Stock Summary
- CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC's market capitalization of $41,723,600,926 is ahead of 95.2% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CMG is 3.78 -- better than 87.24% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 55.18, CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 92.26% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC, a group of peers worth examining would be VRSK, IQV, FLT, TPL, and ICE.
- CMG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC's official web site, go to www.chipotle.com.
CMG Valuation Summary
- CMG's EV/EBIT ratio is 47.4; this is 327.03% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 203 months, CMG's price/earnings ratio has gone up 7.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMG.
CMG Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 102.17%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 74.59%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 68.32%.
The table below shows CMG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.75% of graded US stocks.
- CMG's asset turnover comes in at 1.147 -- ranking 9th of 79 Restaraunts Hotels Motels stocks.
- PBPB, MCD, and CAKE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMG.
The table below shows CMG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,519.78||52-week high||$1,895.99|
|Prev. close||$1,536.15||52-week low||$1,196.28|
|Day high||$1,543.48||Avg. volume||280,219|
|50-day MA||$1,625.25||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,495.72||Market Cap||42.20B|
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. (CMG) Company Bio
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (/tʃɪˈpoʊtleɪ/, chih-POHT-lay), often known simply as Chipotle, is an American chain of fast casual restaurants in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, and France, specializing in tacos and Mission burritos that are made to order in front of the customer. Its name derives from chipotle, the Nahuatl name for a smoked and dried jalapeño chili pepper. The company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CMG.(Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CMG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMG Latest Social Stream
View Full CMG Social Stream
Latest CMG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMG as an investment opportunity.
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
McDonald’s, Starbucks, Chipotle and others spend to halt effort to set fast food wages at up to $22 an hour.
In this piece, I want to go over McDonald’s (NYSE: MCD) and Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG), which besides having some of the strongest brands in the space, their investment cases pose a key difference. McDonald’s is likely to be appreciated more by conservative, income-oriented investors, while shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill may be more charming to growth investors. I believe that both companies can cater to each investor class rather adequately. The QSR (Quick Service Restaurant) industry has been quite interesting to pay attention to over the past few years.
In this article, we discuss the 10 best cheap growth stocks to buy now. If you want to read about some more value stocks, go directly to 5 Best Cheap Growth Stocks To Buy Now. Two fundamental investment techniques are growth investing and value investing. Growth stocks are shares of companies that are expected to grow […]
These sleeper growth stocks to buy are likely to surprise the Street by rallying sharply in the not-too-distant future.
CMG Price Returns
Continue Researching CMGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch