Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. (CMG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMG POWR Grades
- CMG scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 84.73% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMG is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CMG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
CMG Stock Summary
- CMG has a market capitalization of $44,580,047,863 -- more than approximately 93.91% of US stocks.
- CMG's current price/earnings ratio is 68.27, which is higher than 89.37% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc is reporting a growth rate of 176.66%; that's higher than 88.54% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CMG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CPRT, TROW, WMS, EVA, and TW.
- CMG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc's official web site, go to www.chipotle.com.
CMG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, CMG's price/sales ratio is 464.29% higher, now standing at 7.9.
- Over the past 190 months, CMG's price/sales ratio has gone up 5.4.
- CMG's price/sales ratio has moved up 5.4 over the prior 190 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMG.
CMG Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -37.15%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 110.63%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 22.02%.
The table below shows CMG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.75% of graded US stocks.
- CMG's asset turnover comes in at 1.147 -- ranking 9th of 79 Restaraunts Hotels Motels stocks.
- PBPB, MCD, and CAKE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMG.
The table below shows CMG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,266.64||52-week high||$1,958.55|
|Prev. close||$1,289.79||52-week low||$1,230.91|
|Day high||$1,278.69||Avg. volume||312,407|
|50-day MA||$1,474.71||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,647.56||Market Cap||35.42B|
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. (CMG) Company Bio
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (/tʃɪˈpoʊtleɪ/, chih-POHT-lay), often known simply as Chipotle, is an American chain of fast casual restaurants in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, and France, specializing in tacos and Mission burritos that are made to order in front of the customer. Its name derives from chipotle, the Nahuatl name for a smoked and dried jalapeño chili pepper. The company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CMG.(Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CMG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMG Latest Social Stream
View Full CMG Social Stream
Latest CMG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMG as an investment opportunity.
Buying a stock is easy, but buying the right stock without a time-tested strategy is incredibly hard. So what are the best stocks to buy now or put on a watchlist?
America's top consumer brands are are facing higher input costs.
Fast-food giants have a lot of risk as Russian invades Ukraine and becomes more isolated from the rest of the world.
Safe stocks tend to perform well no matter what the broader market does.
Pershing Square Capital Management, an investment management firm, published its fourth-quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here.
CMG Price Returns
Continue Researching CMGHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (CMG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch