Cummins Inc. (CMI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMI POWR Grades
- CMI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.71% of US stocks.
- CMI's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- CMI's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 14.31% of US stocks).
CMI Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $31,076,529,615, Cummins Inc has a greater market value than 90.89% of US stocks.
- Cummins Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 84.17% of US listed stocks.
- Cummins Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.78% of US equities in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cummins Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PHG, CTVA, BIO, PPG, and PKI.
- CMI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cummins Inc's official web site, go to www.cumminseurope.com.
CMI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CMI's price/earnings ratio is 40.88% lower, now standing at 15.4.
- CMI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 23.3 over the prior 243 months.
- CMI's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMI.
CMI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 50.68%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 45.14%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 20.79%.
The table below shows CMI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMI has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.63% of graded US stocks.
- CMI's asset turnover comes in at 1.052 -- ranking 15th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- KMT, TNC, and DCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMI.
The table below shows CMI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$209.75||52-week high||$277.09|
|Prev. close||$217.27||52-week low||$209.09|
|Day high||$216.42||Avg. volume||1,033,000|
|50-day MA||$232.83||Dividend yield||2.67%|
|200-day MA||$245.14||Market Cap||30.00B|
Cummins Inc. (CMI) Company Bio
Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes, and services diesel and natural gas engines, and engine-related component products. It operates through four segments: Engine, Distribution, Components, and Power Generation. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Columbus, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMI Latest Social Stream
View Full CMI Social Stream
Latest CMI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cummins Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMI as an investment opportunity.
Global power leader Cummins Inc. has returned to the S&P Dow Jones World Sustainability Index, one of the most prestigious sustainability indices evaluating companies’ performance on environmental,...
What are the early trends we should look for to identify a stock that could multiply in value over the long term? In a...
Global power leader Cummins Inc. has been accepted into the U.S. Department of Energy’s Better Climate Challenge, one of 35 members pledging to reduce their scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emiss...
T20 WC, Final: Good thing to play IPL in UAE, it even helped Hazlewood to adapt quickly, says Cummins
Dubai [UAE], November 14 (ANI): Australia pacer Pat Cummins feels that playing the Indian Premier League (IPL) in the UAE has helped his side to adapt to the conditions easily, as the team from Down Under defeated New Zealand in the final clash of the ongoing T20 World Cup on Sunday. Mitchell Marsh and David Warner played knocks of 77 and 53 respectively as Australia lifted its maiden T20 World Cup title here at the Dubai
Virtu Financial LLC cut its stake in shares of Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI) by 48.4% during the 2nd quarter, according to the company in its most recent disclosure with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The firm owned 3,795 shares of the companys stock after selling 3,566 shares during the period. Virtu Financial LLCs holdings in Cummins 
CMI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|