Cummins Inc. (CMI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMI POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CMI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.79% of US stocks.
- CMI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CMI ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 59th percentile.
CMI Stock Summary
- Cummins Inc's market capitalization of $33,921,922,148 is ahead of 92.13% of US-listed equities.
- Cummins Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.76% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Cummins Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 7.45% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cummins Inc are TU, PHG, CRH, CBRE, and CCEP.
- Visit CMI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cumminseurope.com.
CMI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CMI's price/sales ratio is 50% lower, now standing at 1.7.
- Over the past 243 months, CMI's price/earnings ratio has gone up 46.2.
- Over the past 243 months, CMI's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMI.
CMI Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 56.69%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 25.33%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 16.18%.
The table below shows CMI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$232.10||52-week high||$277.09|
|Prev. close||$233.15||52-week low||$189.93|
|Day high||$233.47||Avg. volume||1,059,461|
|50-day MA||$244.87||Dividend yield||2.32%|
|200-day MA||$243.79||Market Cap||34.01B|
Cummins Inc. (CMI) Company Bio
Cummins Inc. designs, manufactures, distributes, and services diesel and natural gas engines, and engine-related component products. It operates through four segments: Engine, Distribution, Components, and Power Generation. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Columbus, Indiana.
CMI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CMI, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Cummins Inc ranked in the 39th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Cummins Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 24.36; that's higher than 85.79% of US stocks in the Industrials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- CMI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 37.11% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CMI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMI Latest Social Stream
View Full CMI Social Stream
Latest CMI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cummins Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMI as an investment opportunity.
Cummins' (CMI) Q2 results likely to reflect the adverse impact of rising losses from the New Power segment during the June-end quarter.
Cummins Inc.’s 2020 environmental sustainability goals led to significant reductions in water and energy use, waste production, as well as critical savings in the carbon dioxide produced by Cummins...
Cummins (CMI) closed the most recent trading day at $233.80, moving -1.14% from the previous trading session.
Let's explore two blue chip stocks that investors might want to consider buying as they report Q2 earnings...
Cummins (CMI) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
CMI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|