Cummins Inc. (CMI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMI POWR Grades
- CMI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 93.09% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMI is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CMI ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 41st percentile.
CMI Stock Summary
- CUMMINS INC's market capitalization of $28,693,347,654 is ahead of 92.95% of US-listed equities.
- CUMMINS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CMI is more volatile than only 8.38% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CUMMINS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be TEL, STLA, PHG, GLW, and AMKR.
- Visit CMI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cumminseurope.com.
CMI Valuation Summary
- CMI's price/earnings ratio is 14; this is 15.41% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CMI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 24.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMI.
CMI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 27.04%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 35.17%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -28.41%.
The table below shows CMI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMI has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.63% of graded US stocks.
- CMI's asset turnover comes in at 1.052 -- ranking 15th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- KMT, TNC, and DCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMI.
The table below shows CMI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$220.89||52-week high||$247.48|
|Prev. close||$221.53||52-week low||$184.27|
|Day high||$221.25||Avg. volume||1,020,463|
|50-day MA||$217.28||Dividend yield||2.83%|
|200-day MA||$210.02||Market Cap||31.14B|
Cummins Inc. (CMI) Company Bio
Cummins Inc. is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products. Cummins also services engines and related equipment, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission control, electrical power generation systems, and trucks. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CMI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMI Latest Social Stream
View Full CMI Social Stream
Latest CMI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CUMMINS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMI as an investment opportunity.
Global power leader Cummins Inc.'s Columbus Mid-Range Engine Plant (CMEP) has received a 2022 Indiana governor's environmental excellence award for a project reducing volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions by eliminating the plant's painting operation.
Community recycling days over the summer at two of Cummins Inc.'s larger U.S.
Investors looking for ways to find stocks that are set to beat quarterly earnings estimates should check out the Zacks Earnings ESP.
Institutional investors may adopt severe steps after Cummins Inc.'s (NYSE:CMI) latest 3.4% drop adds to a year losses
To get a sense of who is truly in control of Cummins Inc. ( NYSE:CMI ), it is important to understand the ownership...
COLUMBUS, Ind., September 22, 2022--Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI) is showcasing its platform of zero-emissions technologies this week at the IAA Transportation show, the world's largest mobility show, in Hannover, Germany. A range of new Cummins technologies and the recently acquired Meritor ePowertrain technologies are available publicly together for the first time. With over a century of experience as a global power leader, Cummins is solidifying its commitment to providing comprehensive zero-emiss
CMI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|