Cummins Inc. (CMI): Price and Financial Metrics
CMI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$204.41||52-week high||$261.91|
|Prev. close||$209.06||52-week low||$184.27|
|Day high||$208.49||Avg. volume||997,345|
|50-day MA||$225.27||Dividend yield||2.95%|
|200-day MA||$233.36||Market Cap||28.94B|
CMI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMI POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CMI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMI is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CMI's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 43.55% of US stocks).
CMI Stock Summary
- CMI has a higher market value than 92.59% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $29,803,002,386.
- CUMMINS INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of CUMMINS INC's share price is greater than that of merely 8.54% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CUMMINS INC are DOW, STLA, GLW, AMKR, and KEYS.
- Visit CMI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cumminseurope.com.
CMI Valuation Summary
- CMI's price/earnings ratio is 12.2; this is 33.33% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CMI's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMI.
CMI Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 43.5%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 53.49%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 25.48%.
The table below shows CMI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMI has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.63% of graded US stocks.
- CMI's asset turnover comes in at 1.052 -- ranking 15th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- KMT, TNC, and DCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMI.
The table below shows CMI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMI Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CMI, see our CMI price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$284.81||Average Broker Recommendation||1.65 (Moderate Buy)|
Cummins Inc. (CMI) Company Bio
Cummins Inc. is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and distributes engines, filtration, and power generation products. Cummins also services engines and related equipment, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission control, electrical power generation systems, and trucks. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
CMI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMI Latest Social Stream
View Full CMI Social Stream
Latest CMI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CUMMINS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMI as an investment opportunity.
CORRECTING and REPLACING Cummins Announces Engine Production Milestones for Its Rocky Mount and Jamestown Engine Plants While Planning for the Future
COLUMBUS, Ind., May 22, 2023--Fifth paragraph, first sentence of release should read: X15 (instead of X15N).
Cummins and Heliox To Partner on EV Charging Solutions for Fleet Customers
Global power technology leader Cummins Inc. and Heliox, a supplier of fast-charging solutions, have signed an agreement to provide both the sale and service of electric vehicle chargers in North America.
Cummins India Limited Honored for Environmental Management
Cummins India Limited (CIL) has received the Excellence in Environmental Management award for the manufacturing sector from the Confederation of Indian Industry - ITC Center for Excellence.
Accelera marks start of operations for electrolyzer production in Fridley, Minnesota
COLUMBUS, Ind., May 19, 2023--Accelera ™ by Cummins, the zero-emissions business segment of Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI), today marked the start of operations for electrolyzer production in Fridley, Minnesota – its first electrolyzer production site in the United States. U.S. Department of Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, and other federal, state and local U.S. officials joined the ribbon cutting ceremony at the site, underscoring the momentum of the green hydrogen ec
Cummins Insiders Sell US$3.3m Of Stock, Possibly Signalling Caution \
Many Cummins Inc. ( NYSE:CMI ) insiders ditched their stock over the past year, which may be of interest to the...
CMI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CMIWant to see what other sources are saying about Cummins Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Cummins Inc (CMI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Cummins Inc (CMI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Cummins Inc (CMI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...