CMS Energy Corp. (CMS): Price and Financial Metrics
CMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.73||52-week high||$65.72|
|Prev. close||$55.94||52-week low||$52.41|
|Day high||$55.91||Avg. volume||1,975,380|
|50-day MA||$57.80||Dividend yield||3.45%|
|200-day MA||$60.25||Market Cap||15.97B|
CMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMS POWR Grades
- CMS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 52.41% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMS is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- CMS ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
CMS Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of CMS ENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CMS ENERGY CORP is higher than it is for about 94.71% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CMS is more volatile than merely 2.22% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CMS ENERGY CORP are CNP, ETR, CWEN, DTE, and NJR.
- Visit CMS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cmsenergy.com.
CMS Valuation Summary
- CMS's price/sales ratio is 2; this is 4.76% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CMS's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMS.
CMS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 5.09%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 16.36%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 23.29%.
The table below shows CMS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.74% of graded US stocks.
- CMS's asset turnover comes in at 0.239 -- ranking 39th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DUK, AEP, and NI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMS.
The table below shows CMS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMS Energy Corp. (CMS) Company Bio
CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS), based in Jackson, Michigan, is an energy company that is focused principally on utility operations in Michigan. Its principal business is Consumers Energy, a public utility that provides electricity and natural gas to more than 6 million of Michigan's 10 million residents. Its non-utility businesses are focused primarily on domestic independent power production. Consumers Energy has operated since 1886. (Source:Wikipedia)
CMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMS Latest Social Stream
View Full CMS Social Stream
Latest CMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CMS ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMS as an investment opportunity.
There are a few key trends to look for if we want to identify the next multi-bagger. Ideally, a business will show two...
Consumers Energy Proposes Renewable Energy Offerings, Providing Greater Access and Affordability to Michiganders
Consumers Energy today announced a sweeping new proposal to expand access and improve affordability to its renewable energy offerings, building on its already industry-leading Clean Energy Plan to eliminate coal and be carbon neutral.
On September 13, 2023, Senior Vice President Brandon Hofmeister sold 1,667 shares of CMS Energy Corp (NYSE:CMS).
Consumers Energy released 56 turtle hatchlings today back into natural wetland habitats after the juveniles were rescued as eggs along the path of the Mid-Michigan Pipeline Project. The turtles came from eggs of adult females that were safely removed from the pipeline path throughout the course of the summer and were incubated and nurtured by Herpetological Resource and Management (HRM).
Consumers Energy announced today it has reduced methane emissions from its 30,000-mile natural gas system by 20 percent since 2012, an important step in its plan to neutralize the impact of the greenhouse gas – which is more potent than carbon dioxide – from its operations by the end of the decade.
CMS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|