CMS Energy Corporation (CMS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMS POWR Grades
- CMS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 63.84% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMS is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- CMS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
CMS Stock Summary
- Cms Energy Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.68% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Cms Energy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Cms Energy Corp's share price is greater than that of only 5.17% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cms Energy Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be LNT, OKE, DTE, WEC, and CNP.
- Visit CMS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cmsenergy.com.
CMS Valuation Summary
- CMS's EV/EBIT ratio is 15.7; this is 30.84% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- CMS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CMS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMS.
CMS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 35.76%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 41.43%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 43.67%.
The table below shows CMS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 38.72% of graded US stocks.
- CMS's asset turnover comes in at 0.237 -- ranking 40th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DUK, AEP, and NI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMS.
The table below shows CMS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.30||52-week high||$67.98|
|Prev. close||$60.94||52-week low||$53.19|
|Day high||$61.23||Avg. volume||2,033,037|
|50-day MA||$62.42||Dividend yield||2.89%|
|200-day MA||$60.71||Market Cap||17.47B|
CMS Energy Corporation (CMS) Company Bio
CMS Energy engages in the generation, purchase, distribution, and sale of electricity to residential, commercial, and various industrial customers in Michigan. The company's gas utility operations include the purchase, transmission, storage, distribution and sale of natural gas. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Jackson, Michigan.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMS Latest Social Stream
View Full CMS Social Stream
Latest CMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cms Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMS as an investment opportunity.
MEWDC, driven by DTE Energy, Consumers Energy, Lansing Board of Water & Light, Collaborate to Promote, Fill In-Demand Jobs during Careers in Energy Week
The Michigan Energy Workforce Development Consortium (MEWDC), an industry-led partnership of representatives from the energy industry, workforce, education and veterans, driven by DTE Energy, Consumers Energy and Lansing Board of Water & Light, announced today it will launch an outreach initiative that aims to heighten awareness of high-growth, rewarding careers in the energy sector during Careers in Energy Week, October 18-22.
Consumers Energy and Other Michigan Energy Partners Collaborate to Promote, Fill In-Demand Jobs during Careers in Energy Week
The Michigan Energy Workforce Development Consortium (MEWDC), an industry-led partnership of representatives from the energy industry, workforce, education and veterans, announced today it will launch an outreach initiative that aims to heighten awareness of highgrowth, rewarding careers in the energy sector during Careers in Energy Week, October 18-22.
Consumers Energy today broke ground on its new state-of-the-art natural gas training facility. The center, named Flint Gas City, will serve as a training resource for more than 1,500 Consumers Energy employees who build, maintain and operate natural gas infrastructure.
CMS Energy announced today it will provide 2021 third quarter results along with a business and financial outlook at 9:30 a.m. EDT on Thursday, October 28, 2021.
The buyout of EnerBank accelerates Regions' (RF) strategy to strengthen its competencies in the homeowners lending space.
CMS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|