CMS Energy Corporation (CMS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMS POWR Grades
- CMS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 68.91% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMS is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 157 days.
- CMS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
CMS Stock Summary
- Cms Energy Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.74% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Cms Energy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Cms Energy Corp's share price is greater than that of merely 2.12% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cms Energy Corp are LNT, ETR, DTE, AES, and OKE.
- Visit CMS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cmsenergy.com.
CMS Valuation Summary
- CMS's EV/EBIT ratio is 15.7; this is 30.84% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- CMS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CMS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMS.
CMS Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -0.85%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 320%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -9.13%.
The table below shows CMS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.74% of graded US stocks.
- CMS's asset turnover comes in at 0.239 -- ranking 39th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DUK, AEP, and NI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMS.
The table below shows CMS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$63.18||52-week high||$65.79|
|Prev. close||$63.75||52-week low||$53.19|
|Day high||$63.60||Avg. volume||1,608,500|
|50-day MA||$62.56||Dividend yield||2.73%|
|200-day MA||$62.13||Market Cap||18.30B|
CMS Energy Corporation (CMS) Company Bio
CMS Energy engages in the generation, purchase, distribution, and sale of electricity to residential, commercial, and various industrial customers in Michigan. The company's gas utility operations include the purchase, transmission, storage, distribution and sale of natural gas. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Jackson, Michigan.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMS Latest Social Stream
View Full CMS Social Stream
Latest CMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cms Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMS as an investment opportunity.
CMS Energy announced today it will provide 2021 year-end results along with a business and financial outlook at 9:30 a.m. EST on Thursday, February 3, 2022.
Within the last quarter, CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS ) has observed the following analyst ratings:…
Consumers Energy Provides $1 Million to Warm Michigan Households, Plus $3.5 Million for New Customer Program
Consumers Energy is committing $4.5 million in new assistance to help Michiganders stay safe and warm in their homes, including $1 million for this winter and $3.5 million for a pilot program for vulnerable households later this year.
The merger deal between PNM Resources (PNM) and AVANGRID (AGR) gets extended to April 2023 from fourth-quarter 2021 as the proposal was turned down by the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission.
Investment company T. Rowe Price Real Assets Fund, Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys BHP Group, Martin Marietta Materials Inc, Vulcan Materials Co, Wesdome Gold Mines, Simon Property Group Inc, sells Polymetal International PLC, CyrusOne Inc, Sandstorm Gold, Lundin Mining Corp, Digital Realty Trust Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q3, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, T.
CMS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|