CMS Energy Corporation (CMS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMS POWR Grades
- CMS scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 64.45% of US stocks.
- CMS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- CMS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 13.94% of US stocks).
CMS Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Cms Energy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.46% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Cms Energy Corp is higher than it is for about 94.43% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CMS is more volatile than just 2.97% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cms Energy Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be EMRAF, ETR, AEE, OKE, and WEC.
- Visit CMS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cmsenergy.com.
CMS Valuation Summary
- CMS's price/sales ratio is 2.6; this is 30% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CMS's price/sales ratio has gone up $2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMS.
CMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.21||52-week high||$67.98|
|Prev. close||$58.54||52-week low||$53.19|
|Day high||$59.22||Avg. volume||2,157,347|
|50-day MA||$62.58||Dividend yield||2.97%|
|200-day MA||$60.80||Market Cap||17.14B|
CMS Energy Corporation (CMS) Company Bio
CMS Energy engages in the generation, purchase, distribution, and sale of electricity to residential, commercial, and various industrial customers in Michigan. The company's gas utility operations include the purchase, transmission, storage, distribution and sale of natural gas. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Jackson, Michigan.
CMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMS Latest Social Stream
View Full CMS Social Stream
Latest CMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cms Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMS as an investment opportunity.
Miller/Howard Investments, an investment management firm, published its first quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. Miller/Howard’s Infrastructure Strategy remains well-positioned to capitalize on momentum toward value and income stocks. The strategy has a yield over twice that of the S&P 500 and is trading well-below the broader market’s […]
Some have more dollars than sense, they say, so even companies that have no revenue, no profit, and a record of falling...
Almost 65% of the decline recorded in CO2 emissions from 2005 to 2019 is attributable to the shift from coal-fired to natural gas-fired electricity generation. You may consider CMS, DUK, DTE, AEP
CMS Energy to Sell EnerBank USA to Regions Bank for $960 Mln MarketWatch
Wells Fargo Stick to Their Buy Rating for CMS Energy
CMS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|