CMS Energy Corporation (CMS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where CMS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 59.76% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMS is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- CMS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
CMS Stock Summary
- Cms Energy Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.67% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Cms Energy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CMS is more volatile than only 4.86% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cms Energy Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be OKE, LNT, DTE, WEC, and CNP.
- Visit CMS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cmsenergy.com.
CMS Valuation Summary
- CMS's EV/EBIT ratio is 15.7; this is 30.84% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- CMS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 2.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CMS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMS.
CMS Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 3.74%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 326.24%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 43.67%.
The table below shows CMS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 38.74% of graded US stocks.
- CMS's asset turnover comes in at 0.237 -- ranking 40th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- DUK, AEP, and NI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMS.
The table below shows CMS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.66||52-week high||$67.98|
|Prev. close||$61.49||52-week low||$53.19|
|Day high||$61.87||Avg. volume||2,087,910|
|50-day MA||$63.07||Dividend yield||2.83%|
|200-day MA||$60.63||Market Cap||17.57B|
CMS Energy Corporation (CMS) Company Bio
CMS Energy engages in the generation, purchase, distribution, and sale of electricity to residential, commercial, and various industrial customers in Michigan. The company's gas utility operations include the purchase, transmission, storage, distribution and sale of natural gas. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Jackson, Michigan.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMS Latest Social Stream
View Full CMS Social Stream
Latest CMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cms Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMS as an investment opportunity.
Over the past 3 months, 5 analysts have published their opinion on CMS Energy (NYSE: CMS ) stock. These analysts are typically
The total return for CMS Energy (NYSE:CMS) investors has risen faster than earnings growth over the last five years
If you buy and hold a stock for many years, you'd hope to be making a profit. Furthermore, you'd generally like to see...
JACKSON, Mich., Sept. 10, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of CMS Energy has declared a quarterly dividend on the corporation''s preferred stock. The following dividend is payable Oct. 15, 2021, to shareholders of record at the close of business on Oct. 1, 2021: $0.30625 per
CenterPoint Energy (CNP) requests to purchase 335 MW of additional solar energy under two power purchase agreements with Oriden and Origis Energy. The projects will serve 70,000 homes.
Let's see if CMS Energy Corporation (CMS) stock is a good choice for value-oriented investors right now, or if investors subscribing to this methodology should look elsewhere for top picks.
CMS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|