CNA Financial Corporation (CNA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNA POWR Grades
- CNA scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 98.72% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CNA is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CNA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 35th percentile.
CNA Stock Summary
- Cna Financial Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Cna Financial Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Cna Financial Corp's share price is greater than that of only 3.76% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CNA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SJR, SSL, FRFHF, EBR, and BHF.
- CNA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cna Financial Corp's official web site, go to www.cna.com.
CNA Valuation Summary
- CNA's price/sales ratio is 1; this is 16.67% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- CNA's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 17.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CNA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 17.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNA.
CNA Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -39.4%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 254.13%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 54.46%.
The table below shows CNA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.38% of graded US stocks.
- CNA's asset turnover comes in at 0.181 -- ranking 89th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- MKL, CINF, and ANAT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNA.
The table below shows CNA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.99||52-week high||$50.33|
|Prev. close||$43.94||52-week low||$41.44|
|Day high||$44.75||Avg. volume||166,065|
|50-day MA||$47.18||Dividend yield||3.64%|
|200-day MA||$45.29||Market Cap||11.93B|
CNA Financial Corporation (CNA) Company Bio
CNA Financial provides commercial property and casualty insurance products primarily in the United States. It operates through Specialty, Commercial, International, Life & Group Non-Core, and Corporate & Other Non-Core segments. The company was founded in 1853 and is based in Chicago, Illinois
Most Popular Stories View All
CNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNA Latest Social Stream
View Full CNA Social Stream
Latest CNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cna Financial Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNA as an investment opportunity.
No summary available.
CNA Financial's (CNA) fourth-quarter results indicate sound P&C business operations and lowest combined ratio achieved in the last five years, partly offset by higher claims, benefits and expenses.
CNA Financial press release (NYSE:CNA): Q4 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.97. Net written premiums of $2.17B (+11.3% Y/Y). "Given our strong performance on growth, rate, and profitability, we are optimistic about our opportunities and remain well positioned to capitalize on the favorable market conditions we anticipate in 2022," said Dino E. Robusto, Chairman...
The following slide deck was published by CNA Financial Corporation in conjunction with their 2021 Q4 earnings call....
CNA Financial (NYSE: CNA ) reported its Q4 earnings results on Monday, February 7, 2022 at 06:00 AM. Here''s what investors need to know about the announcement. Earnings CNA Financial missed estimated earnings by 3.96%, reporting an EPS of $0.97 versus an Full story available on Benzinga.com
CNA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|