CNA Financial Corporation (CNA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNA POWR Grades
- CNA scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 96.47% of US stocks.
- CNA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CNA ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
CNA Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $12,977,047,629, Cna Financial Corp has a greater market value than 83.76% of US stocks.
- Cna Financial Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.73% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Cna Financial Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cna Financial Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be WRB, WHR, FNF, RNR, and AAP.
- CNA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cna Financial Corp's official web site, go to www.cna.com.
CNA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CNA's price/sales ratio is 68.57% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- CNA's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up $6.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CNA's price/sales ratio has gone up $0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNA.
CNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.38||52-week high||$49.08|
|Prev. close||$47.77||52-week low||$28.37|
|Day high||$47.90||Avg. volume||203,334|
|50-day MA||$47.21||Dividend yield||3.21%|
|200-day MA||$39.82||Market Cap||12.87B|
CNA Financial Corporation (CNA) Company Bio
CNA Financial provides commercial property and casualty insurance products primarily in the United States. It operates through Specialty, Commercial, International, Life & Group Non-Core, and Corporate & Other Non-Core segments. The company was founded in 1853 and is based in Chicago, Illinois
CNA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Cna Financial Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Cna Financial Corp ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Cna Financial Corp ended up being:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 76.82% of its sector Financial Services.
- Cna Financial Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 21.15% of tickers in our DCF set.
- CNA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 21.15% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNA Latest Social Stream
View Full CNA Social Stream
Latest CNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cna Financial Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNA as an investment opportunity.
bitcoinexchangeguide.com - Two US companies and ransomware victims, Colonial Pipeline and CNA Financial, have been asked to reveal details of the payments made to hackers before they recovered their data. US Rep. Carolyn Malon
Reading Time: 2 minutes Two ransomware payments have set a dangerous precedent according to a prominent American politician U.S. Representative Carolyn Maloney criticized the payouts and asked for details of the transaction The U.S. has also elevated ransomware attacks to the same priority as terrorist incidents Recent high profile ransomware payments to hacking groups have set a dangerous precedent according to US Representative Carolyn Maloney, chair of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform. In letters sent to Colonial Pipeline and CNA Financial, both of whom were recently targeted by ransomware hackers, Chairwoman Maloney criticized the payments made by the companies and asked for The post Ransomware Payments Have Set Dangerous Precedent appeared first on FullyCrypto .
US Representative Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), who chairs the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, is putting two recent ransomware victims on the hot seat. In letters today to Colonial Pipeline and CNA Financial, Chairwoman Maloney asked for details about payments the two companies reportedly made to hackers who took control of their computer networks in  The post Bitcoin Ransomware Payments Set Dangerous Precedent: House Oversight Chair appeared first on Crypto Breaking News .
Businessinsider.co.za | One of the biggest US insurance companies reportedly paid hackers R558 million ransom after a cyberattack
CNA Financial's R558 million ($40 million) blowout could be one of the biggest ransomware payments yet, Bloomberg reported.
CNA Financial, one of the biggest insurance companies in the US, reportedly forked over $40 million in ransom after it was hit by a cyberattack in late March.
CNA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|