CNA Financial Corp. (CNA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNA POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where CNA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.73% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CNA is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CNA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
CNA Stock Summary
- CNA's went public 37.11 years ago, making it older than 93.48% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of CNA FINANCIAL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CNA is more volatile than only 6.41% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CNA FINANCIAL CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be GL, FRFHF, SJR, SSL, and CEA.
- Visit CNA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cna.com.
CNA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CNA's price/sales ratio is 65.52% lower, now standing at 1.
- Over the past 243 months, CNA's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNA.
CNA Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.09%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -34.07%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 101.51%.
The table below shows CNA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.38% of graded US stocks.
- CNA's asset turnover comes in at 0.181 -- ranking 89th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- MKL, CINF, and ANAT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNA.
The table below shows CNA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.74||52-week high||$50.33|
|Prev. close||$42.66||52-week low||$35.90|
|Day high||$42.85||Avg. volume||132,647|
|50-day MA||$42.23||Dividend yield||3.75%|
|200-day MA||$42.21||Market Cap||11.31B|
Most Popular Stories View All
CNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNA Latest Social Stream
View Full CNA Social Stream
Latest CNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CNA FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNA as an investment opportunity.
Hays plc with ticker (LON:HAS) now has a potential upside of 26.4% according to Numis. [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="HAS.L" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] Numis set a target price of 170 GBX for the company, which when compared to the Hays plc share price of 125 GBX at opening today (27/01/2023) indicates a potential upside of 26.4%. Trading has ranged between 99 (52 week low) and 151 (52 week high) with an average of 2,735,854 shares exchanging hands daily. The market capitalisation at the time of writing is £1,983,718,885. Loews Corporation is a holding company. The Company’s segments consist individual operating subsidiaries, including CNA Financial Corporation (CAN), Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP and Loews H...
CHICAGO , Jan. 24, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE: CNA ) will report fourth quarter 2022 results before the market opens on Monday, February 6 , 2023. The news release, earnings presentation and financial supplement will be available on CNA''s website at www.cna.com . A conference call for investors and analysts is scheduled for 8 a.m. CT and will be hosted by Dino E. Robusto , Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of CNA Financial Corporation. A live webcast will be available via the Investor Relations section of www.cna.com . Those interested in participating in … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Let's see how Cincinnati Financial (CINF) and CNA Financial (CNA) fare in terms of some of the key metrics.
CNA Financial (CNA) is poised to grow on improved current accident year underwriting results and growth in invested asset base and sufficient liquidity.
CNA Financial Corporation found using ticker (CNA) have now 2 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 56 and 40 calculating the mean target price we have 48. Now with the previous closing price of 43.66 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 9.9%. There is a 50 day moving average of 41.87 and the 200 moving average now moves to 42.71. The market capitalisation for the company is $11,616m. Find out more information at: https://www.cna.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="CNA" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $12,771m based on the market concensus. CNA Financial C...
CNA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|