CNA Financial Corporation (CNA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNA POWR Grades
- CNA scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 98.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CNA is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- CNA's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 19.88% of US stocks).
CNA Stock Summary
- Cna Financial Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.73% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Cna Financial Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CNA is more volatile than just 6.32% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cna Financial Corp are GL, SJR, CNO, FRFHF, and EBR.
- Visit CNA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cna.com.
CNA Valuation Summary
- CNA's price/sales ratio is 1; this is 16.67% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- CNA's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 17.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CNA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 17.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNA.
CNA Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 24.63%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 58.08%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 13.87%.
The table below shows CNA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 39.6% of graded US stocks.
- CNA's asset turnover comes in at 0.181 -- ranking 89th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- MKL, CINF, and UFCS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNA.
The table below shows CNA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.68||52-week high||$49.08|
|Prev. close||$46.01||52-week low||$28.37|
|Day high||$46.20||Avg. volume||189,126|
|50-day MA||$43.58||Dividend yield||3.3%|
|200-day MA||$44.51||Market Cap||12.40B|
CNA Financial Corporation (CNA) Company Bio
CNA Financial provides commercial property and casualty insurance products primarily in the United States. It operates through Specialty, Commercial, International, Life & Group Non-Core, and Corporate & Other Non-Core segments. The company was founded in 1853 and is based in Chicago, Illinois
Most Popular Stories View All
CNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNA Latest Social Stream
View Full CNA Social Stream
Latest CNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cna Financial Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNA as an investment opportunity.
Earnings growth outpaced the favorable 52% return delivered to CNA Financial (NYSE:CNA) shareholders over the last year
The simplest way to invest in stocks is to buy exchange traded funds. But one can do better than that by picking better...
CNA Financial (CNA) holds the potential to reap benefits from its solid capital position, higher new business, strong rate and favorable acquisition ratio.
CNA Financial Corporation found using ticker (CNA) have now 2 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 53 and 43 calculating the mean target price we have 48. Now with the previous closing price of 44.53 this would imply there is a potential upside of 7.8%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 43.85 while the 200 day moving average is 45.53. The company has a market capitalisation of $11,983m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="CNA" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] CNA Financial Corporation provides commercial property and casualty insurance products primarily in the United States. It operates through...
CNA Financial (CNA) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
CNA Financial (CNA) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
CNA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|