CNA Financial Corporation (CNA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNA POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where CNA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.14% of US stocks.
- CNA's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CNA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
CNA Stock Summary
- CNA FINANCIAL CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.22% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of CNA FINANCIAL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.45% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CNA is more volatile than just 13.71% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CNA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FRFHF, GL, TAC, CEA, and RCI.
- Visit CNA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cna.com.
CNA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, CNA's price/sales ratio is 18.18% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 243 months, CNA's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNA.
CNA Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 195.52%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -57.88%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -16.38%.
The table below shows CNA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CNA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.38% of graded US stocks.
- CNA's asset turnover comes in at 0.181 -- ranking 89th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- MKL, CINF, and ANAT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNA.
The table below shows CNA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.90||52-week high||$50.33|
|Prev. close||$37.15||52-week low||$35.90|
|Day high||$37.45||Avg. volume||204,139|
|50-day MA||$39.94||Dividend yield||4.34%|
|200-day MA||$44.30||Market Cap||10.01B|
CNA Financial Corporation (CNA) Company Bio
CNA Financial provides commercial property and casualty insurance products primarily in the United States. It operates through Specialty, Commercial, International, Life & Group Non-Core, and Corporate & Other Non-Core segments. The company was founded in 1853 and is based in Chicago, Illinois
Most Popular Stories View All
CNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNA Latest Social Stream
View Full CNA Social Stream
Latest CNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CNA FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNA as an investment opportunity.
ALGN, CNA and DH have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on September 27, 2022.
Noted investor Peter Lynch once said, “Insiders might sell their shares for any number of reasons, but they buy them for only one: they think the price will rise.” Taking his advice, using TipRanks' Insiders' Hot Stocks tool, we have compiled seven stocks that insiders have been purchasing this week. The purchases were not small either. Insiders bought shares worth over $1 million of each stock. With each of the stocks trading at attractive valuations and impressive upside potential, this can be a great time to invest in them.
New York-based Loews Corporation, which owns more than 10% of the shares of CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE:CNA), has been raising its stakes in the insurer. According to an SEC filing, Loews Corporation purchased CNA shares worth $6.56 million in the last week. The diversified company bought 168,099 shares between August 31 and September 2 at a weighted average price per share ranging from $38.74 to $39.45. According to TipRanks, which provides a comprehensive list of daily insider transactions, various corporate insiders have bought and sold CNA stock in the last three months.
CNA Financial (CNA) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
CNA Canada is pleased to announce that Rick DeBruyn, currently Regional Vice President Prairie Region, has assumed an expanded leadership role as Regional Vice President Western Region, inclusive of our Winnipeg, Calgary and Vancouver offices.
CNA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|