Cornerstone Building Brands, Inc. (CNR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CNR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CNR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CNR is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- CNR's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 18.96% of US stocks).
CNR Stock Summary
- Cornerstone Building Brands Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.52% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.7, Cornerstone Building Brands Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 5.87% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Cornerstone Building Brands Inc is reporting a growth rate of -514.68%; that's higher than merely 3.9% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cornerstone Building Brands Inc are RLGY, SPB, LAUR, ECPG, and BALY.
- Visit CNR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cornerstonebuildingbrands.com.
CNR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CNR's EV/EBIT ratio is 26.32% higher, now standing at 19.2.
- CNR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 11.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CNR's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CNR.
CNR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CNR has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 22.11% of graded US stocks.
- CNR's asset turnover comes in at 0.936 -- ranking 27th of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- PH, EML, and ACU are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CNR.
The table below shows CNR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CNR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CNR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.66||52-week high||$24.66|
|Prev. close||$24.65||52-week low||$13.51|
|Day high||$24.66||Avg. volume||2,181,383|
|50-day MA||$24.44||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$20.31||Market Cap||3.14B|
Cornerstone Building Brands, Inc. (CNR) Company Bio
Cornerstone Building Brands, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets external building products for the commercial, residential, and repair and remodel construction markets in North America. The company operates through three segments: Commercial, Siding, and Windows. The Commercial segment manufactures and distributes various metal products for the nonresidential construction markets under various brand names through a network of plants and distribution centers. It also provides metal coil coating services for commercial and construction applications. The Siding segment offers vinyl siding and skirting products, steel siding products, vinyl and aluminum soffit products, aluminum trim coils, aluminum gutter coils, aluminum gutters, aluminum and steel roofing accessories, cellular PVC trims and moldings, J-channels, wide crown moldings, window and door trims, F-channels, H-molds, fascia, undersill trims, outside/inside corner posts, rain removal systems, and injection molded designer accents, such as shakes; shingles; scallops; shutters; vents and mounts; vinyl fence; vinyl railing; and stone veneer. The Windows segment provides vinyl, aluminum-clad vinyl, aluminum, wood, and clad-wood windows and patio doors; and steel, wood, and fiberglass entry doors. The company was formerly known as NCI Building Systems, Inc. and changed its name to Cornerstone Building Brands, Inc. in May 2019. Cornerstone Building Brands, Inc. was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Cary, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
CNR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CNR Latest Social Stream
View Full CNR Social Stream
Latest CNR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cornerstone Building Brands Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CNR as an investment opportunity.
Cornerstone took the #1 spot again this week boosted by acquisition news, while shipping companies made their presence felt again the top 5. Meanwhile 2021's top industrial stock Avis was dragged among the losers following earnings results. The SPDR S&P 500 Trust ETF (NYSEARCA:SPY) -1.41% finished the week ending Feb. 18 in...
Cornerstone Building Brands Reschedules Fourth-Quarter 2021 Earnings Release and Cancels Conference Call
CARY, N.C., February 18, 2022--Cornerstone Building Brands, Inc. (NYSE: CNR), the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America, today announced that it has rescheduled its release of 2021 fourth-quarter financial results from Monday, February 21, 2022, to Tuesday, March 1, 2022, when it plans to file its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021.
The S&P 500 (SNPINDEX: ^GSPC) had lost 20 points to 4,398, while the Nasdaq Composite (NASDAQINDEX: ^IXIC) held up better, trading unchanged at 13,791. Below, you'll learn more about why Cornerstone Building Brands (NYSE: CNR) and BioDelivery Sciences International (NASDAQ: BDSI) got onto investors' radar Monday morning. Shares of Cornerstone Building Brands jumped more than 22% on Monday morning.
The offer by CD&R, which currently owns about 49% of Cornerstone's common stock, represents a premium of about 34% to the stock's last close on Friday. Shares of Cornerstone surged more than 25% to $23.08 in premarket trading. CD&R intends to remain a shareholder of Cornerstone if a potential deal cannot be completed under its proposal, the buyout firm said in an SEC filing, adding that it was not interested in pursuing any alternative transactions.
By Sam Boughedda
CNR Price Returns