Capital One Financial Corp. (COF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COF POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where COF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 73.17% of US stocks.
- COF's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- COF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
COF Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $40,661,090,363, CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORP has a greater market value than 94.73% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.68, CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 6.43% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- COF's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 85.39% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORP are LFC, EMR, PRU, JCI, and AJG.
- COF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORP's official web site, go to www.capitalone.com.
COF Valuation Summary
- COF's price/earnings ratio is 6.5; this is 40.91% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- COF's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, COF's price/earnings ratio has gone down 16.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COF.
COF Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 56.31%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 69.95%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -14.85%.
The table below shows COF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COF has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 43.19% of graded US stocks.
- COF's asset turnover comes in at 0.072 -- ranking 61st of 428 Banking stocks.
- SASR, AXP, and SMBC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COF.
The table below shows COF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$99.87||52-week high||$174.65|
|Prev. close||$95.57||52-week low||$90.27|
|Day high||$99.97||Avg. volume||2,787,868|
|50-day MA||$105.39||Dividend yield||2.51%|
|200-day MA||$125.36||Market Cap||38.33B|
Capital One Financial Corp. (COF) Company Bio
Capital One Financial Corporation is an American bank holding company specializing in credit cards, auto loans, banking, and savings accounts, headquartered in McLean, Virginia with operations primarily in the United States. It is on the list of largest banks in the United States and has developed a reputation for being a technology-focused bank. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
COF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COF Latest Social Stream
View Full COF Social Stream
Latest COF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COF as an investment opportunity.
Business road warriors and leisure travelers alike can use a travel reward card to turn miles logged into other things – including more travel.
A possible reduction to credit-card late fees is the most underappreciated policy risk to the financial services industry, according to a new analyst report.
Just ask Warren Buffett, who has benefited from making financial stocks a core part of his portfolio for years. Value investors often describe value investing as "buying $100 bills for $80," and over the long run, that is a winning proposition. Book value is the sum of a company's assets minus its liabilities, so price-to-book value is calculated by dividing a company's market value by its book value.
App-only Hopper, which claims to be the third largest online travel agency in North America, filled a hole in its schedules and fintech offerings by partnering with JetBlue. The new agreement, which Hopper is announcing Wednesday, means that JetBlue flights are being sold through the Hopper app, and its partner Capital One Travel. Hopper didn’t […]
Federal Reserve rate increases mean consumer banks such as Marcus and Ally are paying more on savings accounts and certificates of deposit.
COF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|