Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COG POWR Grades
- COG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- COG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- COG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
COG Stock Summary
- COG's went public 31.36 years ago, making it older than 88.23% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Cabot Oil & Gas Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 9.34% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, COG is more volatile than only 3.35% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to COG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CMC, MKSI, CSGS, CSL, and AZZ.
- Visit COG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cabotog.com.
COG Valuation Summary
COG's price/sales ratio is 4.4; this is 158.82% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COG.
COG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.28||52-week high||$21.33|
|Prev. close||$17.30||52-week low||$15.76|
|Day high||$17.77||Avg. volume||7,375,116|
|50-day MA||$17.17||Dividend yield||2.55%|
|200-day MA||$17.85||Market Cap||6.90B|
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG) Company Bio
Cabot Oil & Gas develops, exploits, explores for, produces, and markets natural gas, oil, and natural gas liquids in the United States. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Houston, Texas.
COG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Cabot Oil & Gas Corp. To summarize, we found that Cabot Oil & Gas Corp ranked in the 77th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 211.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for COG, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 4.76 years comes in at 0.6%; that's greater than 83.09% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 7.35. This coverage rate is greater than that of 64.21% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 4% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
COG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COG Latest Social Stream
View Full COG Social Stream
Latest COG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cabot Oil & Gas Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COG as an investment opportunity.
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation with ticker code (COG) have now 23 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 27 and 17.5 with the average target price sitting at 21.13. Given that the stocks previous close was at 16.93 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 24.8%. The 50 day MA is 17.03 while the 200 day moving average is 17.7. The company has a market cap of $6,738m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="COG" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation, an independent oil and gas company, explores for, exploits, develops, produces, and markets oil and gas properties in the United States. It primarily focuses on the Marcel...
Considering natural gas' vulnerability to short-term weather models, investors are advised to hold onto stocks like Cabot Oil & Gas (COG), Comstock Resources (CRK) and Antero Resources (AR).
Photo by McFranki/iStock via Getty Images Cabot O&G (COG) decoupled from natural gas prices since summer 2020 and instead of going all in to fix its underperformance, it chose to merge with an Oily producer, Cimarex Energy (XEC). The dynamic of COG and XEC share prices with oil and natural...
Helped by a slew of dividend cuts and suspensions across the oil patch and other sectors due to the pandemic’s onset last year, a number of energy companies are now offering variable payouts.
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation ( NYSE:COG ) by projecting...
COG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|