Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COG POWR Grades
- COG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.25% of US stocks.
- COG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- COG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
COG Stock Summary
- COG's went public 31.64 years ago, making it older than 88.03% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Cabot Oil & Gas Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 8.89% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Cabot Oil & Gas Corp's share price is greater than that of only 18.76% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cabot Oil & Gas Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be SNDL, HCC, CDEV, AINC, and KRP.
- Visit COG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cabotog.com.
COG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, COG's price/sales ratio is 206.67% higher, now standing at 4.6.
- COG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 15 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, COG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 15.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COG.
COG Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 321.98%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 442.15%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 54.22%.
The table below shows COG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 85.99% of graded US stocks.
- COG's asset turnover comes in at 0.339 -- ranking 75th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- PXD, ZEST, and CRK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COG.
The table below shows COG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.78||52-week high||$20.33|
|Prev. close||$19.36||52-week low||$14.28|
|Day high||$19.91||Avg. volume||7,618,260|
|50-day MA||$16.64||Dividend yield||2.27%|
|200-day MA||$17.35||Market Cap||7.91B|
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG) Company Bio
Cabot Oil & Gas develops, exploits, explores for, produces, and markets natural gas, oil, and natural gas liquids in the United States. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
COG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COG Latest Social Stream
View Full COG Social Stream
Latest COG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cabot Oil & Gas Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COG as an investment opportunity.
Cabot Oil & Gas and Cimarex Energy Announce Results of Early Participation in Private Exchange Offers and Consent Solicitations
Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE: COG) ("Cabot") and Cimarex Energy Co. (NYSE: XEC) ("Cimarex") today announced that, in connection with the previously announced offers to eligible holders (as defined herein) to exchange (each an "Exchange Offer" and collectively, the "Exchange Offers") any and all outstanding notes issued by Cimarex as set forth in the table below (the "Existing Cimarex Notes") for (1) up to $2,000,000,000 aggregate principal amount of new notes issued by Cabot (the "New Cabot
Cabot Oil (COG) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Trading Report Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Trading Report The post Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Trading Report appeared first on Oil & Gas 360 .
Influential proxy advisory firm Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) has cautiously recommended that shareholders of Cimarex Energy Co vote for its proposed merger with Cabot Oil & Gas Corp, according to a statement seen by Reuters on Thursday. Fellow proxy advisor Glass Lewis also recommended earlier this week that both sets of shareholders back the tie-up, which will unite Cabot's gas-rich Marcellus shale positions in the northeastern United States and Cimarex's oil-heavy acres in West Texas.
Cimarex (XEC) & Cabot merger deal is likely to save $100 million worth of annual costs.
COG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|