Columbia Banking System, Inc. (COLB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COLB POWR Grades
- COLB scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 86.35% of US stocks.
- COLB's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 160 days.
- COLB ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
COLB Stock Summary
- COLB's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 88.72% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 841.04%, COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC's debt growth rate surpasses 97.86% of about US stocks.
- COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -50.48%, greater than the shareholder yield of just 11% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC, a group of peers worth examining would be MYFW, IBTX, EQBK, FBK, and OPHC.
- Visit COLB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.columbiabank.com.
COLB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, COLB's price/sales ratio is 4% lower, now standing at 2.4.
- COLB's price/earnings ratio has moved down 10 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COLB.
COLB Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -39.88%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 358.56%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 9.52%.
The table below shows COLB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COLB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COLB has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 20.7% of graded US stocks.
- COLB's asset turnover comes in at 0.035 -- ranking 284th of 431 Banking stocks.
- EMCF, CCNE, and BANR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COLB.
The table below shows COLB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COLB Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of COLB, see our COLB price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$39.25||Average Broker Recommendation||1.8 (Moderate Buy)|
COLB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COLB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.52||52-week high||$35.53|
|Prev. close||$20.19||52-week low||$19.59|
|Day high||$20.52||Avg. volume||2,781,111|
|50-day MA||$28.25||Dividend yield||5.94%|
|200-day MA||$30.01||Market Cap||1.61B|
Columbia Banking System, Inc. (COLB) Company Bio
Columbia Banking System provides various banking products and services to small and medium-sized businesses, professionals, and individuals in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Tacoma, Washington.
Most Popular Stories View All
COLB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COLB Latest Social Stream
View Full COLB Social Stream
Latest COLB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COLUMBIA BANKING SYSTEM INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COLB as an investment opportunity.
Columbia Banking System and Umpqua Holdings Corporation Complete Merger
Columbia Banking System, Inc. ("Columbia") (Nasdaq: COLB), the parent company of Columbia Bank, and Umpqua Holdings Corporation ("Umpqua"), the parent company of Umpqua Bank, announced today the closing of their previously announced merger, combining the two premier banks in the Northwest to create one of the largest banks headquartered in the West.
Columbia Banking System to Present at Raymond James & Associates 44th Annual Institutional Investors Conference on March 8, 2023
Columbia Banking System, Inc. ("Columbia" NASDAQ: COLB) President and CEO Clint Stein is scheduled to present at the Raymond James & Associates 44th Annual Institutional Investors Conference on Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
Columbia Banking System Set to Join S&P MidCap 400; Verra Mobility to Join S&P SmallCap 600
S&P SmallCap 600 constituent Columbia Banking System Inc. (NASD:COLB) will replace Umpqua Holdings Corp. (NASD:UMPQ) in the S&P MidCap 400, and Verra Mobility Corp. (NASD:VRRM) will replace Columbia Banking System in the S&P SmallCap 600 effective prior to the opening of trading on Wednesday, March 1. Columbia Banking System is acquiring Umpqua Holdings in a deal expected to be completed soon, pending final closing conditions. Post-merger, Columbia Banking System will have a market capitalizatio
Columbia Banking System, Inc. (NASDAQ:COLB) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
Columbia Banking System, Inc. (NASDAQ:COLB) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript January 24, 2023 Operator: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by. Welcome to the Columbia Banking System’s Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Earnings Conference Call. At this time, all participants are in a listen-only mode. Later, we’ll conduct a question-and-answer session. Instructions will […]
Columbia Banking (COLB) Q4 Earnings Surpass Estimates
Columbia Banking (COLB) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 1.09% and 3.88%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
COLB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching COLBHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Columbia Banking System Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Columbia Banking System Inc (COLB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Columbia Banking System Inc (COLB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Columbia Banking System Inc (COLB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...