Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COLM POWR Grades
- COLM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 92.47% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for COLM is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 163 days.
- COLM ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 52nd percentile.
COLM Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Columbia Sportswear Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.16% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Columbia Sportswear Co is reporting a growth rate of 130.97%; that's higher than 84.05% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Columbia Sportswear Co's share price is greater than that of merely 7.55% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Columbia Sportswear Co, a group of peers worth examining would be SIGI, SKX, LHCG, MSM, and JJSF.
- Visit COLM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.columbia.com.
COLM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, COLM's price/sales ratio is 71.43% higher, now standing at 2.4.
- COLM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
- COLM's price/earnings ratio has moved up 8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COLM.
COLM Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 42.8%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 20.12%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -13.44%.
The table below shows COLM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COLM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COLM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.2% of graded US stocks.
- COLM's asset turnover comes in at 1.008 -- ranking 15th of 32 Apparel stocks.
- RL, SHOO, and LEVI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COLM.
The table below shows COLM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COLM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COLM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$89.36||52-week high||$114.98|
|Prev. close||$89.18||52-week low||$85.28|
|Day high||$90.92||Avg. volume||373,336|
|50-day MA||$97.86||Dividend yield||1.16%|
|200-day MA||$101.01||Market Cap||5.83B|
Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM) Company Bio
Columbia Sportswear designs, sources, markets, and distributes outdoor and active lifestyle apparel, footwear, accessories, and equipment in the United States, Latin America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Canada. The company was founded in 1938 and is based in Portland, Oregon.
Most Popular Stories View All
COLM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COLM Latest Social Stream
View Full COLM Social Stream
Latest COLM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Columbia Sportswear Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COLM as an investment opportunity.
The outdoor apparel company is known for its jackets and outerwear insulated with the same technology used in spacecraft and astronaut suits.
PORTLAND, Ore., January 19, 2022--Columbia is proud to unveil the official uniforms that the USA Curling National Team will wear throughout the competition in the 2022 Winter Olympics.
West Sacramento-based grocery retailer The Raley's Cos. announced it's promoting one of its executives to oversee a new operating division.
Columbia Sportswear Company to Announce Fourth Quarter 2021 Financial Results on Thursday, February 3, 2022
PORTLAND, Ore., January 14, 2022--Columbia Sportswear Company (Nasdaq: COLM) plans to release fourth quarter 2021 financial results at approximately 4:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 3, 2022.
According to the Oregonian, Nike plans to fire unvaccinated employees Jan. 15 while Columbia's plan is for Feb. 1.
COLM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching COLMWant to see what other sources are saying about Columbia Sportswear Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Columbia Sportswear Co (COLM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Columbia Sportswear Co (COLM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Columbia Sportswear Co (COLM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch