The Cooper Companies, Inc. (COO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COO POWR Grades
- COO scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 83.79% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for COO is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- COO ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 50th percentile.
COO Stock Summary
- Cooper Companies Inc's market capitalization of $19,064,716,256 is ahead of 88.26% of US-listed equities.
- COO's went public 35.39 years ago, making it older than 92.9% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Cooper Companies Inc is higher than 88.1% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Cooper Companies Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be EXPD, TFX, FTV, HEI, and CERN.
- COO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cooper Companies Inc's official web site, go to www.coopercos.com.
COO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$388.93||52-week high||$415.96|
|Prev. close||$387.88||52-week low||$268.92|
|Day high||$388.93||Avg. volume||275,195|
|50-day MA||$392.07||Dividend yield||0.02%|
|200-day MA||$356.70||Market Cap||19.12B|
The Cooper Companies, Inc. (COO) Company Bio
The Cooper Companies operates through two business units. CooperVision is a global manufacturer providing products for contact lens wearers. CooperSurgical focuses on supplying women's health clinicians with products and treatment options to improve the delivery of healthcare to women. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Pleasanton, California.
COO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Cooper Companies Inc. To summarize, we found that Cooper Companies Inc ranked in the 12th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 92.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Cooper Companies Inc, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Cooper Companies Inc over the past 5.5 years is 0.01%; that's better than only 22.24% of cash flow producing equities in the Healthcare sector, where it is classified.
- COO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 33.58% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Cooper Companies Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 121 -- greater than 97.65% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
COO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COO Latest Social Stream
View Full COO Social Stream
Latest COO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cooper Companies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COO as an investment opportunity.
SAN RAMON, Calif., May 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CooperCompanies (NYSE: COO) announced today that its Board of Directors has elected Dr. Maria Rivas as an independent director, effective July 1, 2021. “We are pleased to welcome Maria to our Board of Directors,” said Al White, President and CEO. “Maria brings a very valuable perspective with her background in fertility, medical affairs, product development, and global regulatory. We look forward to her advice and contributions as CooperCompanies continues to grow.” Dr. Rivas currently serves as Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President for the healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany (which operates as EMD Serono in the US and Canada) where she leads the Global Pharmacovigilance, Medical Affairs and Evidence and Val...
SAN RAMON, Calif., May 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CooperCompanies (NYSE: COO), today announced that CooperSurgical has acquired obp Medical Corporation, a U.S. based medical device company that develops and markets differentiated products including single-use vaginal speculums with integrated LED illumination. Commenting on the transaction, Al White, Cooper’s President and CEO said, “This acquisition is a great strategic fit that builds upon CooperSurgical‘s strong family of OB/GYN medical devices. obp Medical’s differentiated products will integrate seamlessly into our business and support our mission of advancing women’s healthcare.” The acquisition price is approximately $60 million, and the products being acquired generated approximately $10 million of trailing twelve-month revenu...
The Cooper Companies, Inc.'s (NYSE:COO) Stock Is Going Strong: Is the Market Following Fundamentals?
Cooper Companies' (NYSE:COO) stock is up by a considerable 13% over the past three months. Given that the market...
The Russell 1000 Index is a market-capitalization-weighted index of the 1,000 largest publicly traded companies in the U.S. It represents approximately 92% of the total market capitalization of all listed stocks in the U.S. equity market. Value investing is a factor-based investing strategy that involves picking stocks that you believe are trading for less than what they are intrinsically worth, usually by measuring the ratio of the stock's price to one or more fundamental business metrics. Value investors believe that if a business is cheap compared to its intrinsic value, in this case as measured by its P/E ratio, the stock price may rise faster than others as the price comes back in line with the worth of the company.
SAN RAMON, Calif., April 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CooperCompanies (NYSE: COO), today announced it will release second quarter 2021 financial results on Thursday, June 3, 2021, at 4:15 PM ET. Following the release, the Company will host a conference call at 5:00 PM ET to discuss the results and current corporate developments. The live dial-in number for the call is 855-643-4430 (U.S.) / 707-294-1332 (International). The participant passcode for the call is “Cooper”. A simultaneous webcast of the call will be available through the “Investor Relations” section of the CooperCompanies website at http://investor.coopercos.com and a transcript of the call will be archived on this site for a minimum of 12 months. A recording of the call will be available beginning at 8:00 PM ET on June 3, 2...
COO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|