Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CP POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CP is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- CP ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
CP Stock Summary
- CP has a market capitalization of $47,989,152,034 -- more than approximately 94.52% of US stocks.
- CP's went public 35.6 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd's share price is greater than that of 95.75% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be KDP, BCE, NOC, E, and DG.
- CP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd's official web site, go to www.cpr.ca.
CP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.32||52-week high||$83.07|
|Prev. close||$73.45||52-week low||$53.61|
|Day high||$74.35||Avg. volume||2,673,696|
|50-day MA||$77.00||Dividend yield||0.39%|
|200-day MA||$72.15||Market Cap||49.56B|
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) Company Bio
Canadian Pacific Railway operates a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. The company provides logistics and supply chain expertise services. It transports bulk commodities, including grain, coal, fertilizers, and sulphur; and intermodal traffic comprising retail goods in overseas containers that can be transported by train, ship, and truck, as well as in domestic containers and trailers that can be moved by train and truck. The company was founded in 1881 and is based in Calgary, Canada.
CP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd ranked in the 21th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 76.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd, consider:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 88. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 62.03% of US equities in the Industrials sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 8.49. This coverage rate is greater than that of 67.54% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CP Latest Social Stream
View Full CP Social Stream
Latest CP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CP as an investment opportunity.
The following slide deck was published by Canadian Pacific Railway Limited in conjunction with their 2021 Q2 earnings call....
CP earnings call for the period ending July 29, 2021.
CP Files Proxy Statement Asking KCS Shareholders to Vote Against the Proposed CN-KCS Merger and Adjourn Shareholder Vote
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSX: CP) (NYSE: CP) ("CP") today announced it has filed a proxy statement asking Kansas City Southern ("KCS") shareholders to vote "AGAINST" the proposed Canadian National-KCS combination at the KCS special meeting of stockholders on Aug. 19, 2021 so that CN's proposed acquisition can be decided at a later date, when more information will be available to KCS's stockholders.
Canadian Pacific has a number of options it can pursue should the regulatory and market environments not be conducive to mergers and acquisitions, executives said during the railway's second-quarter 2021 earnings call on Wednesday. Besides CP's "unique origin strengths" and shorter lengths of haul, it could engage with marketing alliances with the Western U.S. railroads to capture markets on both sides of the Mississippi River, CP (NYSE: CP) President and CEO Keith Creel told investors. CP also
Rising freight revenues aid Canadian Pacific's (CP) second-quarter performance.
CP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CPWant to do more research on Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd (CP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd (CP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd (CP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch