Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP): Price and Financial Metrics
CP Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $36,013,691,175, Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd has a greater market value than 94.09% of US stocks.
- CP's went public 34.15 years ago, making it older than 92.46% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 6.1, Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd has a higher such ratio than 80.33% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CCL, TRV, MPC, CM, and DAL.
- Visit CP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cpr.ca.
CP Stock Price Chart More Charts
CP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$270.23||52-week high||$275.13|
|Prev. close||$268.84||52-week low||$199.33|
|Day high||$271.52||Avg. volume||358,648|
|50-day MA||$260.09||Dividend yield||0.94%|
|200-day MA||$238.35||Market Cap||37.02B|
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) Company Bio
Canadian Pacific Railway operates a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. The company provides logistics and supply chain expertise services. It transports bulk commodities, including grain, coal, fertilizers, and sulphur; and intermodal traffic comprising retail goods in overseas containers that can be transported by train, ship, and truck, as well as in domestic containers and trailers that can be moved by train and truck. The company was founded in 1881 and is based in Calgary, Canada.
CP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. To summarize, we found that Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd ranked in the 41st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 85. Its equity weight surpasses that of 60.25% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 7.64. This coverage rate is greater than that of 66.44% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|