Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP): Price and Financial Metrics
CP Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $47,336,514,448, Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd has a greater market value than 94.87% of US stocks.
- CP's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 500.3 -- higher than 92.09% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.87% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AMOV, AIG, BK, LUV, and VOD.
- Visit CP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cpr.ca.
CP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$355.30||52-week high||$390.46|
|Prev. close||$355.12||52-week low||$214.54|
|Day high||$361.18||Avg. volume||560,313|
|50-day MA||$367.15||Dividend yield||0.84%|
|200-day MA||$327.50||Market Cap||47.36B|
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) Company Bio
Canadian Pacific Railway operates a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States. The company provides logistics and supply chain expertise services. It transports bulk commodities, including grain, coal, fertilizers, and sulphur; and intermodal traffic comprising retail goods in overseas containers that can be transported by train, ship, and truck, as well as in domestic containers and trailers that can be moved by train and truck. The company was founded in 1881 and is based in Calgary, Canada.
CP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CP, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd ranked in the 21th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd, consider:
- Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 7.99. This coverage rate is greater than that of 69.05% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than only 24.31% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CP Latest Social Stream
View Full CP Social Stream
Latest CP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CP as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Canadian National Railway Co. offered $30 billion to snatch Kansas City Southern from a rival, spurring a possible bidding war in one of the industry’s biggest potential deals in decades.The bid of $325 a share consists of $200 in cash and 1.059 Canadian National shares for each share of Kansas City Southern, Montreal-based CN said in a statement. Canadian National gave its offer an enterprise value of $33.7 billion.Tuesday’s offer tops a $25 billion deal Kansas City Southern reached with Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. last month.Canada’s two biggest railroads are vying for a rail network that links their country with the U.S. and Mexico as a reworked trade alliance gets underway and the economic recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic gathers steam. Kansas City Southern’s spr...
The Board of Directors of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSX: CP) (NYSE: CP) today declared a quarterly dividend of $0.95 per share on the outstanding Common Shares.
Tuesday was not a good day for stock market investors, as major market benchmarks were broadly lower on the day. Just when investors had thought that the railroad company's merger with Canadian Pacific (NYSE: CP) might go through as planned, another rival north of the U.S. border stepped in to shake things up.
Canadian Pacific Comments on Unsolicited, Anti-Competitive Proposal by Canadian National to Acquire Kansas City Southern
Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (TSX: CP) (NYSE: CP) today issued the following statement regarding Canadian National's unsolicited offer to acquire Kansas City Southern ("KCS"):
Kansas City Southern is the object of a bidding war between Canadian National Railway and Canadian Pacific Railway.
CP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CPWant to do more research on Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd (CP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd (CP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd (CP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!