Capitala Finance Corp. (CPTA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CPTA POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CPTA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 59.97% of US stocks.
- CPTA's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- CPTA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
CPTA Stock Summary
- CPTA's current price/earnings ratio is 3.56, which is higher than only 2.73% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For CPTA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 98.18% of US equities we're observing.
- Capitala Finance Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 117.6%, greater than the shareholder yield of 97.95% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Capitala Finance Corp are TSLX, HASI, GECC, VICI, and TPVG.
- Visit CPTA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.capitalagroup.com.
CPTA Valuation Summary
- CPTA's price/sales ratio is 2.8; this is 133.33% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 94 months, CPTA's price/sales ratio has gone down 5.4.
- Over the past 94 months, CPTA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CPTA.
CPTA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CPTA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.40||52-week high||$26.77|
|Prev. close||$24.55||52-week low||$8.40|
|Day high||$25.40||Avg. volume||23,735|
|50-day MA||$23.57||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$15.98||Market Cap||68.86M|
Capitala Finance Corp. (CPTA) Company Bio
Capitala Finance Corp. is a Business Development Company specializing in investments in traditional mezzanine, senior subordinated and unitranche debt, second-lien loans, equity investments in sponsored and non-sponsored lower and traditional middle market companies. The fund targets companies in the business services, manufacturing, consumer and retail, energy, and health-care industries. It typically considers investments in the United States. The fund invests $5-$50 million per transaction in companies with greater than $4.5 million of TTM EBITDA. It may also invest in first-lien, senior secured positions in "stretch" senior secured loans. The company is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
CPTA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CPTA Latest Social Stream
View Full CPTA Social Stream
Latest CPTA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Capitala Finance Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CPTA as an investment opportunity.
Mount Logan Capital Inc. Subsidiary Appointed as Investment Adviser of U.S. Business Development Company
All amounts are stated in United States dollars, unless otherwise indicatedTORONTO, July 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mount Logan Capital Inc. (NEO: MLC) (“Mount Logan” or the “Company”) today announced that it has completed its previously announced transaction whereby the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Mount Logan Management LLC (“ML Management”), has become the investment adviser of Capitala Finance Corp. (“Capitala”), a U.S. publicly traded business development company (“BDC”) with approx
Capitala Finance Corp. Completes Transition to New Investment Adviser and Changes Name to Logan Ridge Finance Corporation
NEW YORK, July 01, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Logan Ridge Finance Corporation (“LRFC” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: LRFC) (formerly Capitala Finance Corp. (NASDAQ: CPTA)) today announced that it has completed its previously announced transition to a new investment adviser, Mount Logan Management LLC (“Mount Logan”). Mount Logan is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mount Logan Capital Inc. (NEO:MLC) (“MLC”), both affiliates of BC Partners Advisors L.P. (“BC Partners”) for U.S. regulatory purposes. Ted Gold
Out of thousands of stocks that are currently traded on the market, it is difficult to identify those that will really generate strong returns. Hedge funds and institutional investors spend millions of dollars on analysts with MBAs and PhDs, who are industry experts and well connected to other industry and media insiders on top of that. Individual investors can piggyback […]
Capitala Finance (CPTA) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -96.43% and -21.69%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capitala Finance Corp. (Nasdaq:CPTA) ("Capitala", the “Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) today announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2021. First Quarter Highlights Net asset value per share of $44.74 at March 31, 2021, an increase of 11.3% from December 31, 2020Repaid $20.0 million of SBA-guaranteed debenturesTotal debt-to-equity of 1.62:1 at March 31, 2021, compared to 1.98:1 at December 31, 2020, regulatory debt-to-equity 1.03:1 at March 31, 2021 Management Commentary In describing the Company’s first quarter activities, Joseph B. Alala, III, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “We are pleased to report a significant increase in NAV per share, driven by improved performance of our portfolio of investments and...
CPTA Price Returns