Capitala Finance Corp. (CPTA): Price and Financial Metrics
CPTA Stock Summary
- CPTA's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1.3 -- higher than only 7.44% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Capitala Finance Corp is higher than it is for about 98.49% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CPTA has reported earnings growth of -302.62%, putting it ahead of merely 4.89% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Capitala Finance Corp are MBI, GARS, SLRC, TSLX, and HCAP.
- Visit CPTA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.capitalagroup.com.
CPTA Stock Price Chart More Charts
CPTA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.18||52-week high||$9.99|
|Prev. close||$9.15||52-week low||$7.34|
|Day high||$9.20||Avg. volume||141,569|
|50-day MA||$8.79||Dividend yield||10.93%|
|200-day MA||$8.73||Market Cap||148.62M|
Capitala Finance Corp. (CPTA) Company Bio
Capitala Finance Corp. is a Business Development Company specializing in investments in traditional mezzanine, senior subordinated and unitranche debt, second-lien loans, equity investments in sponsored and non-sponsored lower and traditional middle market companies. The fund targets companies in the business services, manufacturing, consumer and retail, energy, and health-care industries. It typically considers investments in the United States. The fund invests $5-$50 million per transaction in companies with greater than $4.5 million of TTM EBITDA. It may also invest in first-lien, senior secured positions in "stretch" senior secured loans. The company is based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
CPTA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Capitala Finance Corp. To summarize, we found that Capitala Finance Corp ranked in the 25st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 71.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Capitala Finance Corp, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 35% of its capital from equity, and 65% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 9.95% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Financial Services sector.
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 2.99 years comes in at -0.2%; that's greater than only 10.31% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Capitala Finance Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 1 -- greater than merely 22.77% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|