Capital Southwest Corporation (CSWC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CSWC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CSWC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CSWC is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CSWC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
CSWC Stock Summary
- CAPITAL SOUTHWEST CORP's stock had its IPO on March 27, 1990, making it an older stock than 85.77% of US equities in our set.
- For CSWC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.65% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CSWC comes in at -33.97% -- higher than that of only 14.28% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CAPITAL SOUTHWEST CORP are LADR, AFCG, SWCH, PCH, and WH.
- Visit CSWC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.capitalsouthwest.com.
CSWC Valuation Summary
- CSWC's EV/EBIT ratio is 22.4; this is 96.49% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- CSWC's price/sales ratio has moved down 44.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CSWC.
CSWC Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -92.89%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -280.99%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -57.93%.
The table below shows CSWC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CSWC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CSWC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.4% of graded US stocks.
- CSWC's asset turnover comes in at 0.095 -- ranking 49th of 428 Banking stocks.
- NYCB, IROQ, and INBK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CSWC.
The table below shows CSWC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CSWC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CSWC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.21||52-week high||$27.46|
|Prev. close||$18.15||52-week low||$16.28|
|Day high||$18.29||Avg. volume||184,328|
|50-day MA||$17.94||Dividend yield||10.98%|
|200-day MA||$20.55||Market Cap||537.56M|
Capital Southwest Corporation (CSWC) Company Bio
Capital Southwest Corporation is a business development company specializing in private equity investments in growth capital, acquisition financings, industry consolidations, early-stage financing, sponsor-led buyouts management buyouts, middle market, subordinated debt, first and second lien loans, senior uni-tranche structures and equity co-investment positions. and minority recapitalizations. The company was founded in 1961 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CSWC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CSWC Latest Social Stream
View Full CSWC Social Stream
Latest CSWC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CAPITAL SOUTHWEST CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CSWC as an investment opportunity.
Ares Capital (ARCC) seems to be a solid bet now, driven by strong fundamentals and good growth prospects.
Goldman Sachs (GS) will pay a $4-million penalty as the SEC's asset-management arm failed to screen investments per required policies.
Amid rising costs and a halt in deal-making activities, Evercore's (EVR) efforts to boost its client base in advisory solutions and expand geographically bode well.
Underwriters Fully Exercise Option to Purchase Additional SharesDALLAS, Nov. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Capital Southwest Corporation (NASDAQ: CSWC) (the “Company” or “Capital Southwest”) announced that it has closed an underwritten public offering of 2,534,436 shares of its common stock at a public offering price of $18.15 per share. The total amount of shares issued includes the underwriters’ full exercise of their option to purchase an additional 330,579 shares of the Company’s common stock
Lazard's (LAZ) rising revenues and cost discipline might drive operational efficiency. Yet, rising net outflows and high dependence on financial advisory revenues are concerning.
CSWC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CSWCHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Capital Southwest Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Capital Southwest Corp (CSWC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Capital Southwest Corp (CSWC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Capital Southwest Corp (CSWC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch