Capital Southwest Corporation (CSWC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CSWC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CSWC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CSWC is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- CSWC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
CSWC Stock Summary
- For CSWC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.66% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of CAPITAL SOUTHWEST CORP's share price is greater than that of just 7.76% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- CAPITAL SOUTHWEST CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -40.94%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 12.7% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CAPITAL SOUTHWEST CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be LADR, AFCG, TFSL, NYCB, and LBC.
- CSWC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CAPITAL SOUTHWEST CORP's official web site, go to www.capitalsouthwest.com.
CSWC Valuation Summary
- CSWC's price/sales ratio is 5.7; this is 470% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- CSWC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 32.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CSWC.
CSWC Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -38.6%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 20.79%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -10.17%.
The table below shows CSWC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CSWC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CSWC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.4% of graded US stocks.
- CSWC's asset turnover comes in at 0.095 -- ranking 49th of 428 Banking stocks.
- NYCB, IROQ, and INBK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CSWC.
The table below shows CSWC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CSWC Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CSWC, see our CSWC price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$26.71||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
CSWC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CSWC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.78||52-week high||$24.40|
|Prev. close||$17.50||52-week low||$16.28|
|Day high||$17.93||Avg. volume||275,768|
|50-day MA||$18.48||Dividend yield||12.05%|
|200-day MA||$18.52||Market Cap||614.46M|
Capital Southwest Corporation (CSWC) Company Bio
Capital Southwest Corporation is a business development company specializing in private equity investments in growth capital, acquisition financings, industry consolidations, early-stage financing, sponsor-led buyouts management buyouts, middle market, subordinated debt, first and second lien loans, senior uni-tranche structures and equity co-investment positions. and minority recapitalizations. The company was founded in 1961 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
CSWC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CSWC Latest Social Stream
View Full CSWC Social Stream
Latest CSWC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CAPITAL SOUTHWEST CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CSWC as an investment opportunity.
11 Extreme Dividend Stocks With Upside Potential
In this article, we discuss 11 extreme dividend stocks with upside potential. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their historical performance, and go directly to read 5 Extreme Dividend Stocks With Upside Potential. In the current inflationary environment, dividend stocks help reduce a portfolio’s volatility and provide a hedge against inflation. […]
15 Best High-Yield Dividend Stocks To Buy Now
In this article, we will discuss 15 best high-yield dividend stocks to buy now. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance, and go directly to read 5 Best High-Yield Dividend Stocks To Buy Now. Just when the stock market set out for recovery after recording its worst year in 2022, […]
Capital Southwest's (NASDAQ:CSWC) earnings growth rate lags the 44% CAGR delivered to shareholders
Capital Southwest Corporation ( NASDAQ:CSWC ) shareholders might be concerned after seeing the share price drop 12% in...
These 2 Finance Stocks Could Beat Earnings: Why They Should Be on Your Radar
The Zacks Earnings ESP is a great way to find potential earnings surprises. Why investors should take advantage now.
Broker Revenue Forecasts For Capital Southwest Corporation (NASDAQ:CSWC) Are Surging Higher
Capital Southwest Corporation ( NASDAQ:CSWC ) shareholders will have a reason to smile today, with the analysts making...
CSWC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CSWCHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Capital Southwest Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Capital Southwest Corp (CSWC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Capital Southwest Corp (CSWC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Capital Southwest Corp (CSWC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...