Calavo Growers, Inc. (CVGW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVGW POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where CVGW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 59.22% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVGW is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CVGW's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.74% of US stocks).
CVGW Stock Summary
- Calavo Growers Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 92.06% of US listed stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CVGW is currently 237.89, higher than 97.93% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- CVGW's price/sales ratio is 0.6; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 13.87% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Calavo Growers Inc are PROV, SUNW, HUBG, FC, and IMXI.
- CVGW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Calavo Growers Inc's official web site, go to www.calavo.com.
CVGW Valuation Summary
- CVGW's price/earnings ratio is 174.7; this is 671.3% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 233 months, CVGW's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
- Over the past 233 months, CVGW's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 124.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVGW.
CVGW Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -71.25%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 8.1%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -60.64%.
The table below shows CVGW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVGW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVGW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.02% of graded US stocks.
- CVGW's asset turnover comes in at 2.248 -- ranking 1st of 16 Agriculture stocks.
- SISI, FDP, and RKDA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVGW.
The table below shows CVGW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVGW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVGW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.85||52-week high||$50.34|
|Prev. close||$45.24||52-week low||$28.76|
|Day high||$45.50||Avg. volume||111,584|
|50-day MA||$41.89||Dividend yield||2.54%|
|200-day MA||$39.88||Market Cap||795.73M|
Calavo Growers, Inc. (CVGW) Company Bio
Calavo Growers markets, and distributes avocados, prepared avocados, and other perishable foods to food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarkets, convenience stores, and restaurants worldwide. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Santa Paula, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVGW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVGW Latest Social Stream
View Full CVGW Social Stream
Latest CVGW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Calavo Growers Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVGW as an investment opportunity.
If you want to know who really controls Calavo Growers, Inc. ( NASDAQ:CVGW ), then you'll have to look at the makeup of...
SANTA PAULA, Calif., Feb. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calavo Growers, Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: CVGW), a global leader in the avocado and value-added fresh food industries, today announced that it will release financial results for the first quarter ended January 31, 2022 after the market closes on Wednesday, March 9. A conference call and audio webcast with analysts and investors will be held that afternoon at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time/2:00 p.m. Pacific Time to discuss the results and answer questions. Li
SANTA PAULA, Calif., Feb. 01, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Calavo Growers, Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: CVGW), a global avocado-industry leader and provider of value-added fresh food, today named Steven Hollister as Chairman of the Board of Directors effective immediately. Hollister served as Calavo’s Interim Chief Executive Officer from Sept. 8 to Jan. 31. As previously announced, Brian W. Kocher assumes the role of Calavo’s President and Chief Executive Officer today. J. Link Leavens
Conshohocken, PA, based Investment company Copeland Capital Management, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Switch Inc, GFL Environmental Inc, Allison Transmission Holdings Inc, Civitas Resources Inc, Civitas Resources Inc, sells Tetra Tech Inc, Badger Meter Inc, MGP Ingredients Inc, Lamb Weston Holdings Inc, Diamondback Energy Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Copeland Capital Management, LLC.
Investment company Ridgewood Investments LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Vale SA, Activision Blizzard Inc, Calavo Growers Inc, FedEx Corp, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co, sells General Dynamics Corp, Merck Inc, Comcast Corp, U.S.
CVGW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|