Calavo Growers, Inc. (CVGW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVGW POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where CVGW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.87% of US stocks.
- CVGW's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- CVGW ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
CVGW Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CVGW is 3.85 -- better than 88.93% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Calavo Growers Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.8% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, CVGW is more volatile than just 9.89% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Calavo Growers Inc are UFI, VG, FLNT, WTTR, and TREC.
- CVGW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Calavo Growers Inc's official web site, go to www.calavo.com.
CVGW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVGW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$75.06||52-week high||$85.40|
|Prev. close||$75.79||52-week low||$54.72|
|Day high||$76.18||Avg. volume||87,998|
|50-day MA||$78.64||Dividend yield||1.52%|
|200-day MA||$72.09||Market Cap||1.33B|
Calavo Growers, Inc. (CVGW) Company Bio
Calavo Growers markets, and distributes avocados, prepared avocados, and other perishable foods to food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarkets, convenience stores, and restaurants worldwide. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Santa Paula, California.
CVGW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CVGW, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Calavo Growers Inc ranked in the 41th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Calavo Growers Inc ended up being:
- Calavo Growers Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -9.54. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 8.41% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 10. This value is greater than 83.93% stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CVGW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVGW Latest Social Stream
View Full CVGW Social Stream
Latest CVGW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Calavo Growers Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVGW as an investment opportunity.
There are a few key trends to look for if we want to identify the next multi-bagger. Firstly, we'd want to identify a...
SANTA PAULA, Calif., May 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calavo Growers, Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: CVGW), a global leader in the avocado and value-added fresh food industries, today announced that it will release financial results for the second quarter ended April 30, 2021, after the market closes on Tuesday, June 8, 2021. A conference call and audio webcast with analysts and investors will be held that afternoon at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time/2:00 p.m. Pacific Time, to discuss the results and answer questions. Live conference call: 877-407-3982 (domestic) or 201-493-6780 (international) with conference ID: 13719525.Live and archived webcast will be available on the Events and Presentations page of Calavo’s investor relations website at http://ir.calavo.com. About Calavo Growers, Inc. Calavo Growers, I...
EADSY, CVGW, HTLD, IDN, and STAF have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on April 23, 2021
Calavo Growers, Inc. Announces Virtual Access Capabilities for its 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
SANTA PAULA, Calif., April 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calavo Growers, Inc. (“Calavo”) (“Company”) (Nasdaq-GS: CVGW), a global leader in the avocado and value-added fresh food industries, today reminded shareholders that due to continued public health concerns related to the spread of COVID-19, the Company will provide its shareholders with the capability to attend its 2021 annual shareholder meeting virtually. The meeting will consist only of the formal business portion and the Company is offering the virtual alternative as a way for shareholders to have essentially the same meeting experience without attending in person. The annual meeting will be held at 1:00 pm Pacific Time on April 21, 2021. Holders of record at the close of business on February 22, 2021 will be entitled to partic...
Renaissance Food Group (RFG), a wholly owned subsidiary of Calavo Growers, Inc., announces the promotion of its Garden Highway-branded Irish Stew Mix blend of fresh vegetables and herbs in advance of the St. Patrick’s Day holiday. Garden Highway Irish Stew Mix features pre-cut, ready-to-cook ingredients,…
CVGW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|