Calavo Growers, Inc. (CVGW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVGW POWR Grades
- CVGW scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 77.97% of US stocks.
- CVGW's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- CVGW's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 13.08% of US stocks).
CVGW Stock Summary
- Calavo Growers Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 88.12% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 213.04, Calavo Growers Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 96.44% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Calavo Growers Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.84% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Calavo Growers Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be EVI, CATO, HURC, PESI, and BGSF.
- Visit CVGW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.calavo.com.
CVGW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, CVGW's EV/EBIT ratio is 686.38% higher, now standing at 144.3.
- CVGW's price/earnings ratio has moved up 198 over the prior 231 months.
- CVGW's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 231 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVGW.
CVGW Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -29.27%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -71.25%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 39.37%.
The table below shows CVGW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVGW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVGW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.56||52-week high||$85.40|
|Prev. close||$56.22||52-week low||$52.11|
|Day high||$54.35||Avg. volume||101,224|
|50-day MA||$63.28||Dividend yield||2.04%|
|200-day MA||$71.97||Market Cap||929.47M|
Calavo Growers, Inc. (CVGW) Company Bio
Calavo Growers markets, and distributes avocados, prepared avocados, and other perishable foods to food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarkets, convenience stores, and restaurants worldwide. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Santa Paula, California.
CVGW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CVGW, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Calavo Growers Inc ranked in the 41th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Calavo Growers Inc ended up being:
- Calavo Growers Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -9.54. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 7.17% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), Calavo Growers Inc has a reliance on debt greater than just 24.67% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CVGW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVGW Latest Social Stream
View Full CVGW Social Stream
Latest CVGW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Calavo Growers Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVGW as an investment opportunity.
SANTA PAULA, Calif., July 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calavo Growers, Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: CVGW), a global leader in the avocado and value-added fresh food industries, today announced the publication of its third annual sustainability report providing an overview of the Companys commitment to sustainability, social responsibility and governance, and highlighting progress made over the last year.
With its stock down 22% over the past three months, it is easy to disregard Calavo Growers (NASDAQ:CVGW). To decide if...
Calavo Growers (CVGW) could be a stock to avoid from a technical perspective, as the firm is seeing unfavorable trends on the moving average crossover front.
CVGW, KDNY, CMTL, GPL and TVTX have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on June 25, 2021.
Jefferies Stick to Their Hold Rating for Calavo Growers
CVGW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|