Calavo Growers, Inc. (CVGW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVGW POWR Grades
- CVGW scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 37.5% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVGW is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- CVGW ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
CVGW Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CVGW is 3.92 -- better than 89.05% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 93.72, Calavo Growers Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 91.54% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, CVGW has reported earnings growth of -247.65%, putting it ahead of only 8.75% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Calavo Growers Inc are MANT, PETS, UFPT, JVA, and ATRO.
- CVGW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Calavo Growers Inc's official web site, go to www.calavo.com.
CVGW Valuation Summary
- CVGW's price/earnings ratio is 174.7; this is 671.3% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 233 months, CVGW's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
- Over the past 233 months, CVGW's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 124.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVGW.
CVGW Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 69.98%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 8.1%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -13.08%.
The table below shows CVGW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVGW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVGW has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 28.32% of graded US stocks.
- CVGW's asset turnover comes in at 2.248 -- ranking 1st of 16 Agriculture stocks.
- TYHT, FDP, and SITE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVGW.
The table below shows CVGW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVGW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVGW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.31||52-week high||$85.40|
|Prev. close||$39.03||52-week low||$33.25|
|Day high||$39.92||Avg. volume||146,141|
|50-day MA||$42.60||Dividend yield||2.95%|
|200-day MA||$64.48||Market Cap||695.12M|
Calavo Growers, Inc. (CVGW) Company Bio
Calavo Growers markets, and distributes avocados, prepared avocados, and other perishable foods to food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarkets, convenience stores, and restaurants worldwide. The company was founded in 1924 and is based in Santa Paula, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVGW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVGW Latest Social Stream
View Full CVGW Social Stream
Latest CVGW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Calavo Growers Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVGW as an investment opportunity.
Calavo Growers, Inc. ( NASDAQ:CVGW ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw significant share price movement...
This food company's primary product is increasingly popular, which should lead to years of dividend growth.
Graciela Montgomery Calavo Growers Names Graciela Montgomery Chief Human Resources Officer SANTA PAULA, Calif., Sept. 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calavo Growers, Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: CVGW), a global leader in the avocado and value-added fresh food industries, today announced that Graciela Montgomery will join the Company as its first Chief Human Resources Officer, effective October 11, 2021. In this role, Ms. Montgomery will oversee human resources, training, talent development and recruitment for
The appointment comes days after it was announced that Calavo''s former CEO James Gibson was retiring, and it also follows disappointing third-quarter results. The post Calavo Growers appoints former Amazon executive as CFO appeared first on FreshFruitPortal.com . Keep reading
SANTA PAULA, Calif., Sept. 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Calavo Growers, Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: CVGW), a global leader in the avocado and value-added fresh food industries, today announced that Mariela Matute has been appointed Chief Financial Officer, effective October 11, 2021.
CVGW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|