Commvault Systems, Inc. (CVLT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVLT POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CVLT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.7% of US stocks.
- CVLT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 163 days.
- CVLT ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
CVLT Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 130.55, Commvault Systems Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 95.3% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Commvault Systems Inc is higher than it is for about just 8.37% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CVLT has reported earnings growth of -188.18%, putting it ahead of just 10.65% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Commvault Systems Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be YELP, MIME, MSP, SPSC, and NBIX.
- CVLT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Commvault Systems Inc's official web site, go to www.commvault.com.
CVLT Valuation Summary
- CVLT's EV/EBIT ratio is -267; this is 927.91% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 182 months, CVLT's price/earnings ratio has gone down 272.3.
- CVLT's price/earnings ratio has moved down 272.3 over the prior 182 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVLT.
CVLT Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 40.12%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 4.8%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 34.16%.
The table below shows CVLT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVLT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVLT has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.65% of graded US stocks.
- CVLT's asset turnover comes in at 0.864 -- ranking 161st of 563 Business Services stocks.
- MHH, CTXS, and HSII are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVLT.
The table below shows CVLT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVLT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVLT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.07||52-week high||$84.22|
|Prev. close||$68.06||52-week low||$56.99|
|Day high||$69.96||Avg. volume||301,300|
|50-day MA||$66.69||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$72.67||Market Cap||3.05B|
Commvault Systems, Inc. (CVLT) Company Bio
CommVault Systems provides data and information management software applications and related services primarily in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Oceanport, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVLT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVLT Latest Social Stream
View Full CVLT Social Stream
Latest CVLT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Commvault Systems Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVLT as an investment opportunity.
Commvault (CVLT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 1.52% and 3.75%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Third quarter highlights include:
Winston-salem, NC, based Investment company Sheets Smith Wealth Management (Current Portfolio) buys iShares Short-Term National Muni Bond ETF, iShares National Muni Bond ETF, Pacer US Small Cap Cash Cows 100 ETF, VanEck Vectors Fallen Angel High Yield Bond ETF, iShares BB Rated Corporate Bond ETF, sells Verizon Communications Inc, SPDR Portfolio S&P 1500 Composite Stock Market ETF, Waters Corp, WisdomTree Emerging Markets ex-State-Owned Enterpr, Sprott Physical Gold and Silver Trust during the 3
Progress Software (PRGS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 24.32% and 5.59%, respectively, for the quarter ended November 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Memphis, TN, based Investment company Diversified Trust Co (Current Portfolio) buys BTC iShares Core MSCI EAFE ETF, Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc, AmerisourceBergen Corp, Sysco Corp, Truist Financial Corp, sells Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF, BTC iShares MSCI EAFE Value ETF, Illumina Inc, Baxter International Inc, McDonald's Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Diversified Trust Co.
CVLT Price Returns