CVS Health Corporation (CVS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVS POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where CVS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.02% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVS is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- CVS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 60.02% of US stocks).
CVS Stock Summary
- CVS has a higher market value than 97.75% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $94,074,020,724.
- CVS's went public 37.26 years ago, making it older than 93.5% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.29, CVS HEALTH CORP has a higher such ratio than just 9.89% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BKNG, SCHW, MDLZ, EL, and PGR.
- CVS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CVS HEALTH CORP's official web site, go to www.cvshealth.com.
CVS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, CVS's price/sales ratio is 84.21% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- CVS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVS.
CVS Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 50.8%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 10.62%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 46.45%.
The table below shows CVS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.06% of graded US stocks.
- CVS's asset turnover comes in at 1.231 -- ranking 111th of 165 Retail stocks.
- QRTEA, WMT, and TA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVS.
The table below shows CVS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of CVS, see our CVS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$96.11||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
CVS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.70||52-week high||$107.73|
|Prev. close||$74.09||52-week low||$72.11|
|Day high||$75.23||Avg. volume||9,240,099|
|50-day MA||$82.58||Dividend yield||3.31%|
|200-day MA||$93.21||Market Cap||95.92B|
CVS Health Corporation (CVS) Company Bio
CVS Health Corporation provides integrated pharmacy health care services in the United States. The company operates through Pharmacy Services and Retail Pharmacy segments. The company was founded in 1892 and is based in Woonsocket, Rhode Island.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVS Latest Social Stream
View Full CVS Social Stream
Latest CVS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CVS HEALTH CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVS as an investment opportunity.
3 Top Stock Picks to Profit From the Telehealth Boom
There are plenty of choices for telehealth stocks to buy, but these three offer some of the most compelling stories.
Oscar Health announces ex-Aetna CEO to take over in April
Health insurer Oscar is handing over the reins to industry veteran Mark Bertolini, former Aetna CEO, as it looks to scale up its tech-first insurance strategy.
Dreaded Medical Paperwork Required by Health Insurers to Be Trimmed
Prior authorization has generated so much resentment in recent years that some health insurers have been making tweaks.
CVS closes on $8B acquisition of Signify Health
The Dallas-based Signify uses a technology platform and clinician visits to deliver home-based healthcare to Medicare Advantage patients.
AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings of CVS Health Corporation’s Aetna Inc. Subsidiaries
OLDWICK, N.J., March 29, 2023--AM Best has affirmed the Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A (Excellent) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Ratings (Long-Term ICR) of "a" (Excellent) of Aetna Life Insurance Company (ALIC) (Hartford, CT) and the other members of Aetna Health & Life Group, which are operating entities of Aetna Inc. (Aetna) and wholly owned subsidiaries of CVS Health Corporation (CVS Health) [NYSE: CVS]. The outlook of the FSR is stable, while the outlook of the Long-Term ICR is posit
CVS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CVSWant to see what other sources are saying about CVS HEALTH Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
CVS HEALTH Corp (CVS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
CVS HEALTH Corp (CVS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
CVS HEALTH Corp (CVS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...