CVS Health Corporation (CVS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CVS POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where CVS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CVS is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CVS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 38.1% of US stocks).
CVS Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $137,393,591,394, CVS HEALTH Corp has a greater market value than 98.28% of US stocks.
- CVS's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 785.04 -- higher than 95.9% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- CVS's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CVS HEALTH Corp are AXP, ANTM, PM, SONY, and HSBC.
- CVS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CVS HEALTH Corp's official web site, go to www.cvshealth.com.
CVS Valuation Summary
- CVS's price/earnings ratio is 15.8; this is 56.71% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CVS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.8.
- CVS's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CVS.
CVS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 39.87%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -44.83%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -41.87%.
The table below shows CVS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CVS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CVS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.06% of graded US stocks.
- CVS's asset turnover comes in at 1.231 -- ranking 111th of 165 Retail stocks.
- QRTEA, WMT, and TA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CVS.
The table below shows CVS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CVS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$93.94||52-week high||$111.25|
|Prev. close||$92.66||52-week low||$79.33|
|Day high||$94.10||Avg. volume||6,055,613|
|50-day MA||$96.01||Dividend yield||2.34%|
|200-day MA||$97.54||Market Cap||123.18B|
CVS Health Corporation (CVS) Company Bio
CVS Health Corporation provides integrated pharmacy health care services in the United States. The company operates through Pharmacy Services and Retail Pharmacy segments. The company was founded in 1892 and is based in Woonsocket, Rhode Island.
Most Popular Stories View All
CVS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVS Latest Social Stream
View Full CVS Social Stream
Latest CVS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CVS HEALTH Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVS as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss the 10 stocks to consider in the portfolio of Kim Schrier. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to Kim Schrier Stock Portfolio: 5 Stocks To Consider. Kim Schrier is a physician and politician born in California. She is presently a member of the […]
CVS Health wants to be more than a place where you pick up your prescription while maybe buying a candy bar or a soda as you do it. The company has recast its pharmacies as community health centers, adding Minute Clinics that can handle non-urgent healthcare needs and testing concepts including healthcare concierges to help customers navigate a challenging landscape.
I bet many of you are growing exceptionally frustrated with how the markets have performed since the start of the year. It's now more important than ever to opt for cherry-picking rather than to be invested in broad-based indices that are in the midst of a rebalancing process. We think...
Aetna Better Health of Louisiana, a CVS Health company (NYSE: CVS), today announced that the Louisiana Department of Health intends to award the company a new statewide Medicaid contract through the Louisiana Medicaid Managed Care Program.
CVS Pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) today announced the launch of six new innovative home health care products as an extension of the company's exclusive CVS Health product line. Rooted in customer insights and specifically designed to meet the needs of the aging, caregivers and those living with disabilities, these bathroom safety and mobility products merge function and design. The products were developed in collaboration with Michael Graves Design, pioneers of the Desi
CVS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|