CVS Health Corporation (CVS): Price and Financial Metrics
CVS Stock Summary
- CVS HEALTH Corp's market capitalization of $100,580,922,824 is ahead of 97.55% of US-listed equities.
- CVS HEALTH Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.8% of US equities in our set.
- CVS's price/sales ratio is 0.37; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 7% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVS HEALTH Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ANTM, TGT, CI, EL, and MDLZ.
- Visit CVS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.cvshealth.com.
CVS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$76.18||52-week high||$77.44|
|Prev. close||$76.70||52-week low||$55.36|
|Day high||$76.44||Avg. volume||6,860,416|
|50-day MA||$73.16||Dividend yield||2.63%|
|200-day MA||$67.28||Market Cap||99.90B|
CVS Health Corporation (CVS) Company Bio
CVS Health Corporation provides integrated pharmacy health care services in the United States. The company operates through Pharmacy Services and Retail Pharmacy segments. The company was founded in 1892 and is based in Woonsocket, Rhode Island.
CVS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for CVS HEALTH Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that CVS HEALTH Corp ranked in the 74th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 149%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CVS, they are:
- As a business, CVS is generating more cash flow than 97.17% of positive cash flow stocks in the Healthcare.
- 54% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 20.01% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- CVS HEALTH Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 1.56% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CVS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVS Latest Social Stream
View Full CVS Social Stream
Latest CVS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CVS HEALTH Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVS as an investment opportunity.
Abbott has started shipping its BinaxNOW Covid-19 AG Self-Test kits across the country. Consumers can place orders online or purchase from retail stores in the next few days as nationwide availability is scheduled for the coming two weeks. The over-the-counter (OTC) self-test kit will come in 2-count packs priced at $23.99. Once it hits the market, it will be the most affordable OTC COVID-19 rapid test. Abbott (ABT) is the only manufacturer in the U.S. with emergency authorization to sell self-test kits for COVID-19. CVS Health (CVS), Walgreens (WBA), and Walmart (WMT) are some of the retailers that will carry the kit at the start.
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) today announced that MinuteClinic, the medical clinic inside CVS Pharmacy, is now offering Video Visits for patients in the state of Alaska. The service is available in 48 states and Washington, DC.
Photo by kate_sept2004/E+ via Getty Images Foreword This article is based on two Kiplinger Investing articles aimed at retirees: 25 Stocks Every Retiree Should Own, by Charles Lewis Sizemore, CFA, published 7/2/19, featured a "group of retirement stocks that includes both pure income plays and growth companies, with a focus...
CVS Health Corporation ("CVS Health") (NYSE:CVS) will hold a conference call with analysts and investors on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. (ET) to discuss its financial results for the first quarter of 2021.
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) said on Monday that its stores have begun carrying three over-the-counter COVID-19 tests. The products -- the Ellume COVID-19 Home Test, Abbott Laboratories' BinaxNOW Antigen Self Test, and the Pixel by Labcorp PCR Test Home Collection Kit -- are now available in a number of CVS locations. "CVS Health has been a leader in providing accessible testing in communities nationwide, and we continue to bring new solutions to market to ensure that consumers have a variety of COVID-19 testing options available to them," said George Coleman, senior vice president and chief merchant of the CVS Pharmacy unit.
CVS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|