Donegal Group, Inc. - (DGICA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DGICA POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where DGICA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.4% of US stocks.
- DGICA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- DGICA ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
DGICA Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Donegal Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -55.56%, Donegal Group Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 7.04% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Donegal Group Inc's share price is greater than that of only 1.1% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DGICA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NWLI, LINC, IMKTA, UNAM, and GTS.
- Visit DGICA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.donegalgroup.com.
DGICA Valuation Summary
In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, DGICA's price/sales ratio is 83.33% lower, now standing at 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DGICA.
DGICA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DGICA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.09||52-week high||$16.48|
|Prev. close||$15.21||52-week low||$12.99|
|Day high||$15.28||Avg. volume||69,547|
|50-day MA||$15.38||Dividend yield||4.24%|
|200-day MA||$14.62||Market Cap||465.74M|
Donegal Group, Inc. - (DGICA) Company Bio
Donegal Group provides property and casualty insurance to businesses and individuals in the Mid-Atlantic, Midwestern, New England, and southern states. It operates through Investment Function, Personal Lines of Insurance, Commercial Lines of Insurance, and Investment in DFSC segments. The company was founded in 1986 and is based in Marietta, Pennsylvania.
DGICA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for DGICA, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Donegal Group Inc ranked in the 73th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 155.5% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Donegal Group Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 58.24; that's higher than 89.92% of US stocks in the Financial Services sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 8% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 23.94% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- DGICA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 41.48% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DGICA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DGICA Latest Social Stream
View Full DGICA Social Stream
Latest DGICA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Donegal Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DGICA as an investment opportunity.
Donegal (DGICA) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -19.44% and -0.66%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
MARIETTA, Pa., April 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Donegal Group Inc. (NASDAQ: DGICA) and (NASDAQ: DGICB) today reported its financial results for the first quarter of 2021. Highlights for First Quarter of 2021 (all comparisons to first quarter of 2020): Net income of $10.5 million, or 35 cents per diluted Class A share, compared to $3.7 million, or 13 cents per diluted Class A shareNet premiums earned of $187.3 million, virtually unchangedNet premiums written1 increased 8.9% to $215.9 millionCombined ratio of 98.5%, compared to 97.0%Net income included after-tax net investment gains of $2.0 million, or 6 cents per diluted Class A share, compared to net investment losses of $8.4 million, or 29 cents per diluted Class A shareAnnualized return on average equity of 8.0%, compared to 3.3%Boo...
Donegal Group Inc. ( NASDAQ:DGIC.A ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 3 days. Ex-dividend means that investors...
AM Best has revised the outlooks to stable from negative and affirmed the Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A (Excellent) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Ratings (Long-Term ICR) of "a" of members of Donegal Insurance Group (Donegal Group). Concurrently, AM Best has revised the outlook to stable from negative and affirmed the Long-Term ICR of "bbb" of the publicly traded holding company, Donegal Group Inc. (Delaware) [NASDAQ: DGICA and DGICB]. (See below for a detailed listing of the member companies.)
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
DGICA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|