Walt Disney Co. (DIS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DIS POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where DIS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.78% of US stocks.
- DIS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- DIS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 16.55% of US stocks).
DIS Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $259,221,784,631, Walt Disney Co has a greater market value than 99.34% of US stocks.
- DIS's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Walt Disney Co is reporting a growth rate of -257.19%; that's higher than merely 7.65% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Walt Disney Co are KO, COST, PEP, NKE, and CMCSA.
- DIS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Walt Disney Co's official web site, go to www.thewaltdisneycompany.com.
DIS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, DIS's price/earnings ratio is 1398.45% higher, now standing at 290.7.
- DIS's price/sales ratio has moved up 3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, DIS's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DIS.
DIS Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -5.2%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -20.65%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -5.2%.
The table below shows DIS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DIS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DIS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 17.12% of graded US stocks.
- DIS's asset turnover comes in at 0.316 -- ranking 26th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- RDI, GAIA, and CSSE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DIS.
The table below shows DIS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$102.42||52-week high||$187.58|
|Prev. close||$103.14||52-week low||$99.47|
|Day high||$104.80||Avg. volume||12,989,716|
|50-day MA||$124.43||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$152.14||Market Cap||186.47B|
Walt Disney Co. (DIS) Company Bio
The Walt Disney Company was founded by Walt and Roy Disney in Los Angeles in 1923. The company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise that includes Disney Parks, Experiences and Products; Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution; and three content groups—Studios, General Entertainment and Sports—focused on developing and producing content for DTC, theatrical and linear platforms. Disney Parks, Experiences and Products includes the company’s theme parks and resorts, cruises, and consumer products. Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution comprises the company’s international business units consisting of streaming services, media distribution, and advertising. Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment and Sports operations include the company’s media studios that produce a wide range of media content. The company is headquartered in Burbank, California, and Robert A. Iger currently serves as Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
DIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DIS Latest Social Stream
View Full DIS Social Stream
Latest DIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Walt Disney Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DIS as an investment opportunity.
Netflix looks like a streaming survivor along with Disney, Amazon, and Google's YouTube service.
All 30 Dow stocks rise, led by J&J and UnitedHealth; 3M set to snap longest losing streak in 10 years
The shares of all 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained ground in afternoon trading Friday, as the blue chip barometer surged toward its biggest gain in 21 months. Of the Dow''s best percentage performers, shares of both Johnson & Johnson and 3M Co. shot up 5.5%. 3M''s stock is now on track to snap a 10-session losing streak, which is its longest losing streak in 10 years. UnitedHealth Group Inc.''s stock was biggest price gainer, and therefore provided the biggest point boost for the Dow. The health insurer''s stock rose $18.97, or 4.2%, to add about 125 points to the Dow''s price. The weakest perform was Walt Disney Co.''s stock , which rose just 0.1%. The Dow ran up 844 points, or 2.5%, as it headed for the biggest point gain since it soared 912 points on May 18, 2...
Apple (AAPL +1%) and Amazon.com (AMZN +1%) have become front-runners to acquire the prized NFL Sunday Ticket out-of-market football broadcast package - acing out ESPN and Disney (DIS)…
If you're that person that proudly wears your Annual Passholder t-shirt on the weekends, runs the Princess Half-Marathon every year, and counts the days until your next jaunt to a Disney ( ) - Get Walt Disney Company Report park, there's an exciting new proposal. A wedding venue aboard the brand new cruise liner The Disney Wish, an exclusive line of jaw-dropping new bridal gowns, and even a one-of-a-kind wedding dress you can win in an event called The World's Most Magical Wedding Dress Contest. The French are known for being ultra romantic, so it makes perfect sense that Disney decided on a French-inspired setting for Place De Remy, its newest wedding venue.
These entertainment companies reward shareholders long-term thanks to impressive catalogs of intellectual property.
DIS Price Returns