Walt Disney Co. (DIS): Price and Financial Metrics
DIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.82||52-week high||$126.48|
|Prev. close||$88.29||52-week low||$84.07|
|Day high||$88.97||Avg. volume||11,358,211|
|50-day MA||$96.87||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$100.27||Market Cap||160.47B|
DIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DIS POWR Grades
- DIS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 56.36% of US stocks.
- DIS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- DIS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 3.46% of US stocks).
DIS Stock Summary
- DIS has a market capitalization of $162,758,055,281 -- more than approximately 98.94% of US stocks.
- WALT DISNEY CO's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of WALT DISNEY CO's share price is greater than that of merely 15.03% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to WALT DISNEY CO, a group of peers worth examining would be CMCSA, TMUS, VZ, NKE, and WFC.
- DIS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WALT DISNEY CO's official web site, go to www.thewaltdisneycompany.com.
DIS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, DIS's price/earnings ratio is 202.24% higher, now standing at 40.5.
- DIS's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DIS.
DIS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -9.82%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -22.06%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -55.4%.
The table below shows DIS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DIS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DIS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 17.12% of graded US stocks.
- DIS's asset turnover comes in at 0.316 -- ranking 26th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- RDI, GAIA, and CSSE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DIS.
The table below shows DIS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DIS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of DIS, see our DIS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$210.23||Average Broker Recommendation||1.45 (Moderate Buy)|
Walt Disney Co. (DIS) Company Bio
The Walt Disney Company was founded by Walt and Roy Disney in Los Angeles in 1923. The company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise that includes Disney Parks, Experiences and Products; Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution; and three content groups—Studios, General Entertainment and Sports—focused on developing and producing content for DTC, theatrical and linear platforms. Disney Parks, Experiences and Products includes the company’s theme parks and resorts, cruises, and consumer products. Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution comprises the company’s international business units consisting of streaming services, media distribution, and advertising. Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment and Sports operations include the company’s media studios that produce a wide range of media content. The company is headquartered in Burbank, California, and Robert A. Iger currently serves as Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
DIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DIS Latest Social Stream
View Full DIS Social Stream
Latest DIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WALT DISNEY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DIS as an investment opportunity.
What's Going on With Disney Stock?
The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has yet to get back to full strength after the devastations of the pandemic. Fool.com contributor and finance professor Parkev Tatevosian discusses everything that's going on with Disney stock.
Disney Parks Chair Says Florida Political Headlines Haven’t Hurt Business
The fight between Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Walt Disney hasn't impacted business results, the company said Monday.
Disney dismisses idea of building miniparks in US
"Focusing on our core assets is where we should be spending most of our opportunity," Disney parks chief Josh D'Amaro said at a J.P. Morgan conference, in response to a question on whether the company planned to join Comcast Corp's Universal in building small parks. An ongoing legal dispute between Disney and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has recently led some other U.S. states to express interest in possible investments from the House of Mickey Mouse.
Disney Parks Chairman Has Choice Words About Situation With DeSantis
Disney's feud with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has been going on for more than a year now. The political war between the two recently culminated in a lawsuit filed against DeSantis at the end of April accusing him of a "targeted campaign of government retaliation" over a difference in political views. Disney canceled its plans to open a new $1 billion campus in Orlando on May 18.
Roku: Buy, Sell, or Hold?
Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has been doing its best to deal with the uncertain economic environment, and the latest financial results demonstrate that. As of this writing, Roku shares are up 29% in 2023, indicating the market's optimism. Roku counted 71.6 million active accounts as of March 31, up 17% year over year.
DIS Price Returns
Continue Researching DISHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Walt Disney Co's stock as an investment opportunity:
Walt Disney Co (DIS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Walt Disney Co (DIS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Walt Disney Co (DIS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...