Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DIS POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where DIS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DIS is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- DIS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 6.59% of US stocks).
DIS Stock Summary
- Walt Disney Co's market capitalization of $323,734,163,748 is ahead of 99.57% of US-listed equities.
- Walt Disney Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.9% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Walt Disney Co is higher than 92.1% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Walt Disney Co, a group of peers worth examining would be PG, MA, BAC, NVDA, and PYPL.
- DIS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Walt Disney Co's official web site, go to www.thewaltdisneycompany.com.
DIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$173.70||52-week high||$203.02|
|Prev. close||$178.34||52-week low||$104.27|
|Day high||$174.91||Avg. volume||10,689,155|
|50-day MA||$187.16||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$159.08||Market Cap||315.31B|
Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS) Company Bio
Walt Disney operates as an entertainment company worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products, and Interactive. The company was founded in 1923 and is based in Burbank, California.
DIS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Walt Disney Co. To summarize, we found that Walt Disney Co ranked in the 6th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Walt Disney Co, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.53 years comes in at -0.15%; that's greater than merely 10.87% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Walt Disney Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.06. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 17.11% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Walt Disney Co experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DIS Latest Social Stream
View Full DIS Social Stream
Latest DIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Walt Disney Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DIS as an investment opportunity.
Photo by simpson33/iStock via Getty ImagesIt was the "shot heard round the world" and that shot was the earnings report delivered by fuboTV CEO David Gandler to the bears after leading the sports-first streaming TV platform to record-breaking results during the first quarter. Shares of FUBO (FUBO) surged more than...
The Walt Disney Company (DIS) reported mixed second-quarter results as revenues declined year-on-year while net income increased. The media and entertainment giant posted revenues of $15.6 billion, down 13% year-on-year versus analysts’ expectations of $15.86 billion. Disney reported adjusted earnings of $0.79 per share, up 32% year-on-year, blowing past consensus estimates of $0.26 per share. The Walt Disney Company’s CEO, Bob Chapek said, “We’re pleased to see more encouraging signs of recovery across our businesses, and we remain focused on ramping up our operations while also fueling long-term growth for the Company.
Coinbase, Airbnb, Farfetch and Disney were our top stock trades for Monday.
Coronavirus-related closures were expected to weigh heavily on Disney's parks and resorts business. Disney's stock price pulled back on Friday. Fortunately, Disney+ has emerged as a powerful growth driver for the media conglomerate during the COVID-19 crisis.
Disney stock is trying to rebound after coronavirus closures took a toll. Here's what fundamental and technical analysis says about buying Disney now.
DIS Price Returns