Walt Disney Co. (DIS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DIS POWR Grades
- DIS scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 85.23% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DIS is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- DIS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
DIS Stock Summary
- DIS has a market capitalization of $318,199,311,318 -- more than approximately 99.54% of US stocks.
- Walt Disney Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.74% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Walt Disney Co is higher than 93.85% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DIS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ASML, PG, BAC, ADBE, and PYPL.
- DIS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Walt Disney Co's official web site, go to www.thewaltdisneycompany.com.
DIS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, DIS's EV/EBIT ratio is 727.81% lower, now standing at -117.4.
- Over the past 243 months, DIS's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.4.
- Over the past 243 months, DIS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 144.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DIS.
DIS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -25.4%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -53.1%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 49.07%.
The table below shows DIS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$176.14||52-week high||$203.02|
|Prev. close||$175.13||52-week low||$113.37|
|Day high||$176.50||Avg. volume||10,040,354|
|50-day MA||$176.13||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$170.60||Market Cap||320.03B|
Walt Disney Co. (DIS) Company Bio
The Walt Disney Company was founded by Walt and Roy Disney in Los Angeles in 1923. The company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise that includes Disney Parks, Experiences and Products; Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution; and three content groups—Studios, General Entertainment and Sports—focused on developing and producing content for DTC, theatrical and linear platforms. Disney Parks, Experiences and Products includes the company’s theme parks and resorts, cruises, and consumer products. Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution comprises the company’s international business units consisting of streaming services, media distribution, and advertising. Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment and Sports operations include the company’s media studios that produce a wide range of media content. The company is headquartered in Burbank, California, and Robert A. Iger currently serves as Chief Executive Officer.
DIS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Walt Disney Co. To summarize, we found that Walt Disney Co ranked in the 3th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Walt Disney Co, consider:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.78 years, is -0.24% -- higher than just 6.56% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Walt Disney Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.01. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 14.97% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Walt Disney Co experienced a tax rate of about 5% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than just 22.93% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DIS Latest Social Stream
View Full DIS Social Stream
Latest DIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Walt Disney Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DIS as an investment opportunity.
Disney will get a $580-million tax break from Florida while moving 2,000 employees from its Burbank and Glendale offices to Orlando.
Disney released "Black Widow" simultaneously in theatres and on its streaming service, which analysts blamed for a drop in second weekend collections.
Disney Dream will depart from Port Canaveral, Florida on Aug. 9 to the Bahamas, with passengers over 12 years of age requiring a valid travel insurance policy that has a certain minimum coverage and no COVID-19 exclusions, the unit said. The cruise operator said in a blog that it had enhanced its health and safety measures, nearly a month after it postponed its first test cruise on inconsistent COVID-19 test results from a few crew members. Disney Cruise Line also said https://bit.ly/3iDY1jo it does not require vaccinations for guests on sailings departing from Florida, but added that it strongly encouraged all eligible guests to get inoculated.
Pfizer vaccine 39% effective against Delta variant, NFL COVID outbreaks, Kanye West debuts new 'Donda' album
Yahoo Finance's Julie Hyman breaks down Friday’s business headlines which include: The NFL’s setting stricter guidelines on COVID rules that can result in teams having to forfeit or pay fines, Kanye West debuted his 10th studio album ‘Donda’ in Atlanta, and Israel’s health ministry announcing Pfizer having a 39% effective rate against the COVID Delta variant.
A new Disney+ series and a movie hitting theaters next week place theme park rides front and center.
DIS Price Returns