Walt Disney Co. (DIS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DIS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where DIS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 51.69% of US stocks.
- DIS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- DIS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 9.46% of US stocks).
DIS Stock Summary
- DIS has a higher market value than 99.21% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $197,841,494,778.
- DIS's went public 37.11 years ago, making it older than 93.48% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 62.91, WALT DISNEY CO P/E ratio is greater than that of about 90.81% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WALT DISNEY CO are NKE, TMUS, CMCSA, MCD, and VZ.
- Visit DIS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thewaltdisneycompany.com.
DIS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, DIS's price/sales ratio is 26.32% higher, now standing at 2.4.
- Over the past 243 months, DIS's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 18.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DIS.
DIS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 277.34%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -16.48%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -41.73%.
The table below shows DIS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DIS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DIS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 17.12% of graded US stocks.
- DIS's asset turnover comes in at 0.316 -- ranking 26th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- RDI, GAIA, and CSSE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DIS.
The table below shows DIS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$109.39||52-week high||$157.50|
|Prev. close||$108.49||52-week low||$84.07|
|Day high||$109.94||Avg. volume||11,375,510|
|50-day MA||$95.95||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$102.72||Market Cap||199.83B|
Walt Disney Co. (DIS) Company Bio
The Walt Disney Company was founded by Walt and Roy Disney in Los Angeles in 1923. The company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise that includes Disney Parks, Experiences and Products; Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution; and three content groups—Studios, General Entertainment and Sports—focused on developing and producing content for DTC, theatrical and linear platforms. Disney Parks, Experiences and Products includes the company’s theme parks and resorts, cruises, and consumer products. Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution comprises the company’s international business units consisting of streaming services, media distribution, and advertising. Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment and Sports operations include the company’s media studios that produce a wide range of media content. The company is headquartered in Burbank, California, and Robert A. Iger currently serves as Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
DIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DIS Latest Social Stream
View Full DIS Social Stream
Latest DIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WALT DISNEY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DIS as an investment opportunity.
With enthusiasm rising in the new year after a torrid time in 2022, investors may want to target these enticing stocks to buy.
Although the backdrop isn’t the most encouraging, the rise of an unusual bull market could bolster certain growth stocks to buy.
U.S. stocks started the trading day on Wednesday, Jan. 25, with steep declines, but market indexes recovered toward the end the day.
Streaming platform Hulu and cable channel Adult Swim have ended their relationships with “Rick and Morty” co-creator Justin Roiland, who is facing felony domestic violence and false imprisonment charges in California. A spokeswoman for Adult Swim confirmed that it is ending its relationship with Mr. Roiland. Adult Swim said Tuesday it still planned to produce a seventh season of the hit animated series, even though Mr. Roiland has done the voice work for both Morty and Rick for the previous seasons.
Walt Disney World's Reedy Creek Improvement District leaders said they will continue with "business as usual" despite the looming future of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' plan to replace its top decision makers with a state-controlled board. The district, which oversees the land encompassing Walt Disney World, met Jan. 25 to discuss various changes to ongoing projects such as improvements made to World Drive — one of the major arteries connecting Disney's parks, hotels and other amenities.
DIS Price Returns