Walt Disney Co. (DIS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DIS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where DIS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DIS is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- DIS's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 11.32% of US stocks).
DIS Stock Summary
- DIS has a market capitalization of $311,055,730,532 -- more than approximately 99.5% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 276.25, Walt Disney Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about 97.43% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, DIS is more volatile than just 2.29% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DIS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MA, PG, CMCSA, NKE, and TM.
- DIS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Walt Disney Co's official web site, go to www.thewaltdisneycompany.com.
DIS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, DIS's price/earnings ratio is 1398.45% higher, now standing at 290.7.
- DIS's price/sales ratio has moved up 3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, DIS's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DIS.
DIS Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 37.42%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 76.47%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 243.12%.
The table below shows DIS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DIS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DIS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 18.54% of graded US stocks.
- DIS's asset turnover comes in at 0.316 -- ranking 25th of 43 Entertainment stocks.
- GAIA, RDI, and CSSE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DIS.
The table below shows DIS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DIS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DIS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$171.01||52-week high||$203.02|
|Prev. close||$170.55||52-week low||$117.23|
|Day high||$172.50||Avg. volume||9,524,384|
|50-day MA||$177.48||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$180.30||Market Cap||310.75B|
Walt Disney Co. (DIS) Company Bio
The Walt Disney Company was founded by Walt and Roy Disney in Los Angeles in 1923. The company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise that includes Disney Parks, Experiences and Products; Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution; and three content groups—Studios, General Entertainment and Sports—focused on developing and producing content for DTC, theatrical and linear platforms. Disney Parks, Experiences and Products includes the company’s theme parks and resorts, cruises, and consumer products. Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution comprises the company’s international business units consisting of streaming services, media distribution, and advertising. Disney’s Studios, General Entertainment and Sports operations include the company’s media studios that produce a wide range of media content. The company is headquartered in Burbank, California, and Robert A. Iger currently serves as Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
DIS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DIS Latest Social Stream
View Full DIS Social Stream
Latest DIS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Walt Disney Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DIS as an investment opportunity.
Walt Disney (DIS) or, fully, The Walt Disney Company, hardly needs any introduction. In short, though, the company's diversified entertainment operations span across media networks, parks, experiences, and products, Studio Entertainment. Last year, the company announced a strategic reorganization of its mediaand entertainment businesses to stimulate the growth of its direct-to-consumer strategy. The company is now focused on developing and producing content that will be distributed across all of its traditional channels, but most importantly, through its relatively new streaming service, Disney+. Along with these plans (and weakness in its parks division as a result of COVID-19), Disney cut its dividend last year.
The Walt Disney Co. is pushing back the release dates of many of its upcoming titles, including the untitled Indiana Jones movie and the Black Panther sequel “Wakanda Forever.”
The S&P and Nasdaq closed higher on Monday with the biggest boosts from the highest-profile technology and communications companies while investors eyed product news from Apple Inc and appeared optimistic about the third-quarter earnings season. After a weak start following disappointing economic data from China, the S&P and Nasdaq gathered steam in late morning with gains in FAANG stocks - Facebook Inc, Apple, Amazon.com Inc, Netflix Inc, Alphabet Inc's Google - as well as Microsoft Corp.
The Walt Disney Co (NYSE: DIS) has reshuffled the release dates of famous Marvel and other franchises, Variety reports. The scheduling overhaul relates to the production and not box office returns, Disney defended. Marvel's tangled, interconnected universe spans dozens of films and several new television series, remaining vulnerable to any production delay. Disney postponed the release of "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" from March 25 to May 6, "Thor: Love and Thunder," May 6 to Jul
Yahoo Finance’s Ines Ferre reports on the day's trending tickers.
DIS Price Returns