Dolby Laboratories (DLB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DLB POWR Grades
- DLB scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.73% of US stocks.
- DLB's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 201 days.
- DLB's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 32.84% of US stocks).
DLB Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 147.94, Dolby Laboratories Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 81.15% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Dolby Laboratories Inc is higher than it is for about only 12.17% of US stocks.
- DLB's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 12.56% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DLB, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CRUS, EXEL, FORM, RGEN, and SPSC.
- DLB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Dolby Laboratories Inc's official web site, go to www.dolby.com.
DLB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DLB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$92.17||52-week high||$104.74|
|Prev. close||$94.67||52-week low||$52.13|
|Day high||$94.34||Avg. volume||510,378|
|50-day MA||$99.56||Dividend yield||0.93%|
|200-day MA||$85.81||Market Cap||9.37B|
Dolby Laboratories (DLB) Company Bio
Dolby Laboratories creates audio, imaging, and communication technologies that transform entertainment and communications at the cinema, at home, at work, and on mobile devices. The company was founded in 1965 and is based in San Francisco, California.
DLB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Dolby Laboratories Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Dolby Laboratories Inc ranked in the 41th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Dolby Laboratories Inc, consider:
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 1% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 6.43% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- DLB's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 53.75% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Dolby Laboratories Inc experienced a tax rate of about 4% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Cyclical), this tax rate is higher than only 21.29% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DLB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DLB Latest Social Stream
View Full DLB Social Stream
Latest DLB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dolby Laboratories Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DLB as an investment opportunity.
Despite higher adoption of premium technologies, Dolby's (DLB) second-quarter fiscal 2021 results get affected by lower year-over-year revenues and weak cinema sales due to COVID-19 woes.
Joining me today are Kevin Yeaman, Dolby Laboratories President and Chief Executive Officer; and Lewis Chew, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. As for the content of today's call, Kevin will start with a discussion of the business, and Kevin will follow with a recap of Dolby's financial results and provide our third quarter and second half fiscal 2021 outlook.
Dolby Laboratories, Inc.'s (NYSE:DLB) Recent Stock Performance Looks Decent- Can Strong Fundamentals Be the Reason?
Dolby Laboratories' (NYSE:DLB) stock up by 6.2% over the past three months. Given that the market rewards strong...
SAN FRANCISCO, April 20, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB) will release financial results for the second quarter (Q2) of fiscal 2021 after the close of regular trading on Tuesday, May 4, 2021. Members of Dolby management will lead a conference call open to all interested parties to discuss Q2 fiscal 2021 financial results for Dolby Laboratories at 2:00 p.m. PT (5:00 p.m. ET) on Tuesday, May 4, 2021. Access to the teleconference will be available over the Internet from http://investor.dolby.com/ or by dialing 1-833-789-1331 (or dialing 1-236-714-2740 for international callers), and entering confirmation code 9817368. A replay of the call will be available from 5:00 p.m. PT on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, until 8:59 p.m. PT on Tuesday, May 11, 2021, by dialing 1-800-58...
The weather is warming, the economy is expanding and the pandemic is waning; this makes media and entertainment companies hot stocks.
DLB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|