Dolby Laboratories (DLB): Price and Financial Metrics
DLB Stock Summary
- DLB has a higher market value than 82.35% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $10,137,925,319.
- For DLB, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 11.5% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.21 for Dolby Laboratories Inc; that's greater than it is for merely 12.94% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Dolby Laboratories Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be YY, MITK, NTGR, AZPN, and TDC.
- DLB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Dolby Laboratories Inc's official web site, go to www.dolby.com.
DLB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DLB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$96.62||52-week high||$101.52|
|Prev. close||$99.77||52-week low||$44.68|
|Day high||$99.87||Avg. volume||527,655|
|50-day MA||$94.40||Dividend yield||0.88%|
|200-day MA||$77.41||Market Cap||9.82B|
Dolby Laboratories (DLB) Company Bio
Dolby Laboratories creates audio, imaging, and communication technologies that transform entertainment and communications at the cinema, at home, at work, and on mobile devices. The company was founded in 1965 and is based in San Francisco, California.
DLB Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for DLB, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Dolby Laboratories Inc ranked in the 30th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for DLB, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 1,731.22 -- which is good for besting 99.45% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 1% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 5.85% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- DLB's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 56.75% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DLB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DLB Latest Social Stream
View Full DLB Social Stream
Latest DLB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dolby Laboratories Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DLB as an investment opportunity.
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 4, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The Entertainment Globalization Association (EGA) has announced today that Blackmagic Design, Dolby Laboratories and OOONA have all joined the EGA as gold sponsors of the organization. With the addition of these sponsoring members, the EGA has…
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Dolby...
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB) unveils its next round of earnings this Thursday, January 28. Get prepared with Benzinga's ultimate preview for Dolby Laboratories's Q1 earnings. What Are Earnings, Net Income, And Earnings Per Share? Earnings and EPS are useful metrics of profitability. Total earnings also known as net income is equal to total revenue minus total expenses. Dividing net income by the total number of shares outstanding yields EPS. Earnings And Revenue Analysts expect Dolby Laboratories earnings of $1.04 per share. Revenue will likely be around $345.33 million, according to the consensus estimate. Dolby Laboratories reported a per-share profit of $0.64 when it published results during the same quarter last year. Sales in that period totaled $291.88 million. Why Analyst Estima...
B.Riley Financial Stick to Their Hold Rating for Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories Will stock surge before Earnings results? Stock market Insights & financial analysis
Dolby Laboratories announce their quarterly, annual earnings. See the latest EPS estimates. Listen to the conference call and remind yourself by…
DLB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DLBWant to do more research on Dolby Laboratories Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!