Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DLTR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where DLTR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DLTR is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- DLTR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 64th percentile.
DLTR Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $23,241,777,974, Dollar Tree Inc has a greater market value than 89.47% of US stocks.
- Dollar Tree Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 86.84% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Dollar Tree Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Dollar Tree Inc are TSCO, AJG, SNN, K, and FTV.
- Visit DLTR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dollartree.com.
DLTR Valuation Summary
- DLTR's EV/EBIT ratio is 15.5; this is 16.22% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- DLTR's price/earnings ratio has moved down $7.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DLTR.
DLTR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DLTR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$100.20||52-week high||$120.37|
|Prev. close||$101.18||52-week low||$84.41|
|Day high||$101.48||Avg. volume||1,960,685|
|50-day MA||$110.60||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$104.01||Market Cap||23.24B|
Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR) Company Bio
Dollar Tree offers a selection of everyday basic products as well as seasonal, closeout and promotional merchandise in locations across the U.S. and Canada. The company was founded in 1986 and is based in Chesapeake, Virginia.
DLTR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Dollar Tree Inc. To summarize, we found that Dollar Tree Inc ranked in the 81th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Dollar Tree Inc, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Dollar Tree Inc over the past 5.54 years is 0.51%; that's higher than 82.71% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector.
- Dollar Tree Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 9.06% of tickers in our DCF set.
- DLTR's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 9.06% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DLTR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DLTR Latest Social Stream
View Full DLTR Social Stream
Latest DLTR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dollar Tree Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DLTR as an investment opportunity.
Higher costs for labor, commodities and transportation are leading to higher prices at supermarkets and restaurants.
Despite COVID-related costs and higher freight expenses, Dollar Tree (DLTR) remains well poised for growth on the back of its store optimization strategies and robust same-store sales.
A proprietary survey of the apparel landscape from J.P. Morgan offers a look at top recovery play possibilities as it tackles implications of the post-pandemic economy. That market is expected to grow at a "robust" 21% this year - and 6% better than 2019 - amid "consistent to accelerating trends" alongside...
After rallying in April, the S&P 500 index posted much much smaller gains in May. The popular benchmark index's level climbed 0.55% in the month, and some of its stock components posted significant sell-offs across the stretch. Investors continued to tread cautiously with growth-dependent technology stocks. Companies that could see tailwinds recede as consumers head back to in-person shopping as coronavirus-related pressures ease in some territories were among the biggest losers in the S&P 500 last month.
Dollar Tree (DLTR), a discount variety retail store operator that sells items for $1 or less, announced better-than-expected first-quarter results. However, shares closed almost 8% lower on May 27 as the company provided higher freight cost guidance and a FY2021 earnings outlook that came in below expectations. The company reported consolidated net sales of $6.48 billion that surpassed the Street’s estimates of $6.41 billion and rose 3% from the year-ago period. Enterprise same-store sales grew 0.8% on a constant-currency basis. Earnings came in at $1.60 per share, beating the consensus estimate of $1.40 per share, and soared 53.8% year-over-year.
DLTR Price Returns