Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DLTR POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where DLTR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 74.54% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DLTR is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 161 days.
- DLTR ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
DLTR Stock Summary
- DLTR has a higher market value than 90.61% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $29,028,329,853.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for DLTR is 3.59 -- better than 87.57% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Dollar Tree Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.88% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DLTR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BF.B, DOV, FAST, TSCO, and AMP.
- Visit DLTR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dollartree.com.
DLTR Valuation Summary
- DLTR's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 42.86% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, DLTR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.6.
- DLTR's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DLTR.
DLTR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 81.04%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -19.28%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 81.04%.
The table below shows DLTR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DLTR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DLTR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.76% of graded US stocks.
- DLTR's asset turnover comes in at 1.244 -- ranking 109th of 165 Retail stocks.
- FL, FND, and PLCE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DLTR.
The table below shows DLTR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DLTR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DLTR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$127.04||52-week high||$149.37|
|Prev. close||$127.97||52-week low||$84.26|
|Day high||$128.86||Avg. volume||2,742,941|
|50-day MA||$135.53||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$110.43||Market Cap||28.58B|
Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR) Company Bio
Dollar Tree offers a selection of everyday basic products as well as seasonal, closeout and promotional merchandise in locations across the U.S. and Canada. The company was founded in 1986 and is based in Chesapeake, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
DLTR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DLTR Latest Social Stream
View Full DLTR Social Stream
Latest DLTR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dollar Tree Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DLTR as an investment opportunity.
Consumers take to social media to vent their frustration with Dollar Tree''s price plan.
Investment company Breiter Capital Management Inc (Current Portfolio) buys FIRST TR SMALL CAP, Broadcom Inc, Global X MLP ETF, Magna International Inc, FIRST TR EXCHANGE, sells International Business Machines Corp, Starwood Property Trust Inc, iShares U.S.
Investment company Ellsworth Advisors, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Coliseum Acquisition Corp, Activision Blizzard Inc, Fiserv Inc, Restaurant Brands International Inc, Black Knight Inc, sells Goldman Sachs Access Treasury 0-1 Year ETF, S&P Global Inc, Lowe's Inc, Dollar Tree Inc, Centene Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Ellsworth Advisors, LLC.
Kohl's joined peer retailers Dollar Tree and Macy's as a target of activist investors. The New York investment firm Macellum Advisors, which said it held nearly 5% of the retailer, in a Tuesday open letter to Kohl's shareholders said it would nominate a slate of director candidates to Kohl's board "if the status quo persists." The board and management "have spent another year materially mismanaging the business and failing to implement necessary operational financial and strategic improvements," Macellum said.
Two Central Florida neighborhood retail centers with Dollar Tree as their main tenant sold in separate transactions totaling $20 million — a sign that even smaller, older shopping complexes are drawing real estate investors' interest. The first, the 64-year-old Market at Southside in the SoDo District Orlando south of downtown, also has three other anchor tenants: Ross Dress for Less, K&G Fashion Superstore and Pet Supermarket. The other retail center is the Dollar Tree-anchored Edgewood Isle in south Orlando's city of Edgewood that was completed 33 years ago.
DLTR Price Returns