Dover Corporation (DOV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DOV POWR Grades
- DOV scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 86.42% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DOV is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- DOV ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 53rd percentile.
DOV Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $23,543,370,983, DOVER Corp has a greater market value than 88.97% of US stocks.
- DOVER Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.65% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of DOVER Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to DOVER Corp are CHD, VFC, K, HRL, and GWW.
- DOV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DOVER Corp's official web site, go to www.dovercorporation.com.
DOV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, DOV's price/sales ratio is 100% higher, now standing at 3.4.
- DOV's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 13.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, DOV's price/earnings ratio has gone up 13.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DOV.
DOV Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 3.19%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 19.43%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 21.02%.
The table below shows DOV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DOV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DOV has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.42% of graded US stocks.
- DOV's asset turnover comes in at 0.802 -- ranking 35th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- NVT, LECO, and ZBRA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DOV.
The table below shows DOV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$161.90||52-week high||$176.46|
|Prev. close||$163.54||52-week low||$105.40|
|Day high||$163.57||Avg. volume||749,651|
|50-day MA||$168.67||Dividend yield||1.24%|
|200-day MA||$144.98||Market Cap||23.31B|
Dover Corporation (DOV) Company Bio
Dover Corporation delivers equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Downers Grove, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
DOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DOV Latest Social Stream
View Full DOV Social Stream
Latest DOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DOVER Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DOV as an investment opportunity.
Hillphoenix, part of Dover Food Retail and Dover (NYSE: DOV) and a pioneer in designing environmentally sustainable refrigeration systems, has earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) GreenChill 2020 - 2021 Store Certification Excellence (non-supermarket) award.
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
Dover's (DOV) latest buyout enhances its advanced radio frequency signal solutions' offerings to several defense industry end-markets.
Parker-Hannifin (PH) is poised to benefit from strength across end markets, acquisitions, and shareholder-friendly policies. High costs and debt levels weigh on the company.
Industrial products manufacturer Dover (DOV) revealed that it has completed the acquisition of The Espy Corporation. The terms of the deal have not been disclosed so far. Espy will become part of the Microwave Products Group (MPG) within Dover's Engineered Products segment. The acquisition enables Dover to cater to the growing demand for radio frequency detection and spectrum analysis with the help of Epsy’s proprietary machine learning and real-time geolocation technology. (See Dover stock charts on TipRanks) Also, MPG will be able to offer advanced radio frequency signal solutions to various end markets, primarily within the defense industry. Furthermore, it will bolster MPG's technological leadership in radio frequency applications.
DOV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|