Dover Corp. (DOV): Price and Financial Metrics
DOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$141.14||52-week high||$160.66|
|Prev. close||$142.30||52-week low||$114.49|
|Day high||$142.32||Avg. volume||847,653|
|50-day MA||$142.77||Dividend yield||1.45%|
|200-day MA||$138.41||Market Cap||19.74B|
DOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DOV POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where DOV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.28% of US stocks.
- DOV's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- DOV's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 36.22% of US stocks).
DOV Stock Summary
- DOV has a market capitalization of $18,969,430,061 -- more than approximately 89.64% of US stocks.
- DOVER CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.61% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of DOVER CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to DOVER CORP are POOL, AVY, CHD, K, and J.
- DOV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DOVER CORP's official web site, go to www.dovercorporation.com.
DOV Valuation Summary
- DOV's price/sales ratio is 2.3; this is 109.09% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- DOV's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DOV.
DOV Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 6.02%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -45.95%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 6.02%.
The table below shows DOV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DOV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DOV has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.63% of graded US stocks.
- DOV's asset turnover comes in at 0.811 -- ranking 37th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- LECO, DE, and NVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DOV.
The table below shows DOV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DOV Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of DOV, see our DOV price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$181.18||Average Broker Recommendation||1.71 (Moderate Buy)|
Dover Corp. (DOV) Company Bio
Dover Corporation is an American conglomerate manufacturer of industrial products. The Downers Grove, Illinois-based company was founded in 1955. As of 2021, Dover's business was divided into five segments: Engineered Products, Clean Energy and Fueling, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Climate and Sustainability Technologies. Dover is a constituent of the S&P 500 index and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV". Dover was ranked 429th in the 2020 Fortune 500. The company relocated its headquarters to Illinois from New York in mid-2010. (Source:Wikipedia)
DOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DOV Latest Social Stream
View Full DOV Social Stream
Latest DOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DOVER CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DOV as an investment opportunity.
25 S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats To Avoid
In this article, we discuss 25 dividend aristocrats to avoid according to hedge funds. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance, and go directly to read 10 S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats To Avoid. Over the years, there has been an observable shift in focus from growth stocks to dividend stocks […]
Metcal Introduces CV-IOT Gateway Module and Desktop Application
Metcal, part of OK International and Dover (NYSE: DOV), and a leader in benchtop soldering for electronics and industrial manufacturing, announced the launch of its new CV-IOT Gateway Module and desktop application, which enables operations management to collect advanced soldering data from every benchtop station on their network.
Here's Why You Should Hold Dover (DOV) in Your Portfolio Now
Dover (DOV) gains from solid backlog levels and volume growth despite cost and supply-chain headwinds.
Dover Joins the Hydrogen Council
Dover (NYSE: DOV) today announced that it has joined the Hydrogen Council, a global CEO-led initiative that brings together leading companies with a united vision to help foster the hydrogen clean energy transition.
Here's What We Like About Dover's (NYSE:DOV) Upcoming Dividend
Some investors rely on dividends for growing their wealth, and if you're one of those dividend sleuths, you might be...
DOV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching DOVHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on DOVER Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
DOVER Corp (DOV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
DOVER Corp (DOV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
DOVER Corp (DOV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...