Dover Corp. (DOV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DOV POWR Grades
- DOV scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 76.41% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DOV is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- DOV's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 37.15% of US stocks).
DOV Stock Summary
- DOV has a higher market value than 89.75% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $19,555,515,854.
- DOVER CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.49% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of DOVER CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.83% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to DOVER CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be RPM, J, K, CHD, and ULTA.
- DOV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DOVER CORP's official web site, go to www.dovercorporation.com.
DOV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, DOV's price/earnings ratio is 13.78% lower, now standing at 17.2.
- DOV's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DOV.
DOV Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.48%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 4.02%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 19.33%.
The table below shows DOV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DOV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DOV has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.63% of graded US stocks.
- DOV's asset turnover comes in at 0.811 -- ranking 37th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- LECO, DE, and NVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DOV.
The table below shows DOV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$142.49||52-week high||$184.04|
|Prev. close||$141.95||52-week low||$114.49|
|Day high||$143.52||Avg. volume||953,081|
|50-day MA||$129.17||Dividend yield||1.42%|
|200-day MA||$135.09||Market Cap||20.00B|
Dover Corp. (DOV) Company Bio
Dover Corporation is an American conglomerate manufacturer of industrial products. The Downers Grove, Illinois-based company was founded in 1955. As of 2021, Dover's business was divided into five segments: Engineered Products, Clean Energy and Fueling, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Climate and Sustainability Technologies. Dover is a constituent of the S&P 500 index and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV". Dover was ranked 429th in the 2020 Fortune 500. The company relocated its headquarters to Illinois from New York in mid-2010. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
DOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DOV Latest Social Stream
View Full DOV Social Stream
Latest DOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DOVER CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DOV as an investment opportunity.
Idex (IEX) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Dover Corporation ( NYSE:DOV ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next four days. Typically, the ex-dividend date is...
Caldera, part of Dover (NYSE: DOV), today announced the launch of Version 16 of its award-winning raster image processor ("RIP") software for large-format digital printing and cutting. Caldera users will be able to upgrade their software for a new licensing experience, more than 50 new Print & Cut drivers and several other new features and improvements. Version 16 is compatible with the newly released macOS® Ventura.
Techcon, part of OK International and Dover (NYSE: DOV), and a leader in precision fluid dispensing technologies, today announced the launch of the new TS8200D Series Micro-Meter Mix Dispensing System, a precision volumetric mixing and dispensing system for two-component adhesives, such as epoxies, reactive acrylics, or polyurethanes.
Today we're going to take a look at the well-established Dover Corporation ( NYSE:DOV ). The company's stock led the...
DOV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|