Dover Corp. (DOV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DOV POWR Grades
- DOV scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 88.73% of US stocks.
- DOV's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- DOV's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 35.23% of US stocks).
DOV Stock Summary
- DOV has a market capitalization of $23,443,446,743 -- more than approximately 89.04% of US stocks.
- DOVER Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of DOVER Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.8% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DOV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are K, CINF, POOL, ULTA, and VFC.
- Visit DOV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dovercorporation.com.
DOV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, DOV's price/sales ratio is 100% higher, now standing at 3.4.
- DOV's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 13.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, DOV's price/earnings ratio has gone up 13.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DOV.
DOV Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -5.57%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 2.98%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 71.41%.
The table below shows DOV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DOV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DOV has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 86.63% of graded US stocks.
- DOV's asset turnover comes in at 0.811 -- ranking 37th of 104 Machinery stocks.
- LECO, DE, and NVT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DOV.
The table below shows DOV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DOV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DOV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$119.95||52-week high||$184.04|
|Prev. close||$121.26||52-week low||$117.17|
|Day high||$120.25||Avg. volume||911,373|
|50-day MA||$131.23||Dividend yield||1.65%|
|200-day MA||$156.78||Market Cap||17.29B|
Dover Corp. (DOV) Company Bio
Dover Corporation is an American conglomerate manufacturer of industrial products. The Downers Grove, Illinois-based company was founded in 1955. As of 2021, Dover's business was divided into five segments: Engineered Products, Clean Energy and Fueling, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Climate and Sustainability Technologies. Dover is a constituent of the S&P 500 index and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV". Dover was ranked 429th in the 2020 Fortune 500. The company relocated its headquarters to Illinois from New York in mid-2010. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
DOV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DOV Latest Social Stream
View Full DOV Social Stream
Latest DOV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DOVER Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DOV as an investment opportunity.
Flowserve's (FLS) fourth-quarter 2021 revenues decrease 6.7% year over year on lackluster performance across most of its segments.
Ingersoll Rand's (IR) fourth-quarter 2021 revenues increase 16.4% year over year on impressive performance across its segments.
John Bean (JBT) Q4 results reflect the impact of higher demand and inflated costs and supply chain disruptions.
Nordson's (NDSN) fiscal first-quarter revenues increase 15.7% year over year on impressive performance across its segments.
Colfax's (CFX) fourth-quarter 2021 net sales increase 23.6% year over year on impressive performance across its segments.
DOV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|