Dow Inc. (DOW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DOW POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where DOW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.65% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DOW is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- DOW's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 5.68% of US stocks).
DOW Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $31,161,286,827, DOW INC has a greater market value than 93.44% of US stocks.
- DOW's current price/earnings ratio is 4.69, which is higher than just 11.88% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- DOW INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 19.63%, greater than the shareholder yield of 89.83% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DOW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are STLA, CNHI, FMC, CTVA, and DD.
- Visit DOW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dow.com.
DOW Valuation Summary
- DOW's price/sales ratio is 0.6; this is 64.71% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 42 months, DOW's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DOW.
DOW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DOW has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.63% of graded US stocks.
- DOW's asset turnover comes in at 0.836 -- ranking 25th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows DOW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DOW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DOW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.62||52-week high||$71.86|
|Prev. close||$45.28||52-week low||$43.04|
|Day high||$46.73||Avg. volume||5,903,222|
|50-day MA||$50.41||Dividend yield||6.18%|
|200-day MA||$58.01||Market Cap||33.48B|
Dow Inc. (DOW) Company Bio
Dow Inc. manufactures and supplies products that are used as raw materials in the manufacture of customer's products and services worldwide. It operates in five segments: Agricultural Sciences, Consumer Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, Performance Materials & Chemicals, and Performance Plastics segments. The Agricultural Sciences segment provides crop protection and seed/plant biotechnology products and technologies, urban pest management solutions, and healthy oils. The Consumer Solutions segment develops and markets customized materials using technology and chemistries for specialty applications, such as semiconductors and organic light-emitting diodes, adhesives, and foams for use in the transportation industry; cellulosics and other polymers for pharmaceutical formulations and food solutions; and silicone solutions used in consumer goods and automotive applications. The Infrastructure Solutions segment provides architectural and industrial coatings, construction material ingredients, building insulation products, adhesives, and microbial protection products for the oil and gas industry, telecommunications, and light and water technologies. The Performance Materials & Chemicals segment offers chlorine and caustic soda; industrial solutions; and isocyanates, polyols, polyurethane systems, and propylene oxide/propylene glycols. The Performance Plastics segment provides elastomers, polyolefin plastomers, and ethylene propylene diene monomer elastomers; wire and cable insulation, semiconductive, and jacketing compound solutions, as well as bio-based plasticizers; acrylics, polyethylene, and polyolefin plastomers; and ethylene, propylene, benzene, butadiene, octane, aromatics co-products, and crude c4 products, as well as products for power, steam, and other utilities. It primarily serves packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture sectors. The company, based in Midland, Michigan, employs more than 39,000 people and was founded in 1897.
Most Popular Stories View All
DOW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DOW Latest Social Stream
View Full DOW Social Stream
Latest DOW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DOW INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DOW as an investment opportunity.
These 6 Dow stocks should do well over the long term.
These safe monthly dividend stocks offer investors incredible dividend yields and healthy upside potential
In this article, we discuss 10 best chemical stocks to buy now. If you want to read about some more chemical stocks to buy now, go directly to 5 Best Chemical Stocks To Buy Now. A strong demand for commodity and specialty chemicals has helped keep prices at record high levels in the chemicals sector […]
In this article, we will be taking a look at the 10 companies that are buying back their stock in 2022. To skip our detailed analysis of these companies, you can go directly to see the 5 Companies that are Buying Back Their Stock in 2022. So far in 2022, we have seen a number of […]
Even in hard times, there's always a bull market somewhere.
DOW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|