Dow Inc. (DOW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DOW POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where DOW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.52% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DOW is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 122 days.
- DOW ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 50th percentile.
DOW Stock Summary
- DOW has a higher market value than 94.27% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $46,140,900,524.
- DOW's went public 2.33 years ago, making it older than merely 5.01% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Dow Inc is reporting a growth rate of -969.04%; that's higher than only 1.79% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Dow Inc are STZ, TRP, EXC, MPC, and KMI.
- DOW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Dow Inc's official web site, go to www.dow.com.
DOW Valuation Summary
- DOW's price/earnings ratio is 22.7; this is 0.87% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- DOW's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 28 months.
- Over the past 28 months, DOW's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DOW.
DOW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DOW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.23||52-week high||$71.38|
|Prev. close||$61.22||52-week low||$39.90|
|Day high||$62.27||Avg. volume||4,452,651|
|50-day MA||$64.32||Dividend yield||4.5%|
|200-day MA||$60.00||Market Cap||46.41B|
Dow Inc. (DOW) Company Bio
Dow Inc. manufactures and supplies products that are used as raw materials in the manufacture of customer's products and services worldwide. It operates in five segments: Agricultural Sciences, Consumer Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, Performance Materials & Chemicals, and Performance Plastics segments. The Agricultural Sciences segment provides crop protection and seed/plant biotechnology products and technologies, urban pest management solutions, and healthy oils. The Consumer Solutions segment develops and markets customized materials using technology and chemistries for specialty applications, such as semiconductors and organic light-emitting diodes, adhesives, and foams for use in the transportation industry; cellulosics and other polymers for pharmaceutical formulations and food solutions; and silicone solutions used in consumer goods and automotive applications. The Infrastructure Solutions segment provides architectural and industrial coatings, construction material ingredients, building insulation products, adhesives, and microbial protection products for the oil and gas industry, telecommunications, and light and water technologies. The Performance Materials & Chemicals segment offers chlorine and caustic soda; industrial solutions; and isocyanates, polyols, polyurethane systems, and propylene oxide/propylene glycols. The Performance Plastics segment provides elastomers, polyolefin plastomers, and ethylene propylene diene monomer elastomers; wire and cable insulation, semiconductive, and jacketing compound solutions, as well as bio-based plasticizers; acrylics, polyethylene, and polyolefin plastomers; and ethylene, propylene, benzene, butadiene, octane, aromatics co-products, and crude c4 products, as well as products for power, steam, and other utilities. It primarily serves packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture sectors. The company, based in Midland, Michigan, employs more than 39,000 people and was founded in 1897.
DOW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Dow Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Dow Inc ranked in the 83th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Dow Inc, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Dow Inc over the past 2.63 years is 0.59%; that's higher than 85.18% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- Dow Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 12.22% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DOW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DOW Latest Social Stream
View Full DOW Social Stream
Latest DOW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dow Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DOW as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON, Aug. 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation ("Company") (NASDAQ: GLDD), the largest provider of dredging services in the United States, announced that Earl Shipp was appointed to its Board of Directors. His appointment as a new independent director was effective July 29, 2021. In addition, upon his appointment, the Board was increased to eight members. Lawrence R. Dickerson, Chairman of the Board, commented, "It is my great pleasure to welcome Earl Shipp to t
CAJ, DOW, SU, WGO, and CNTY have been added to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) List on July 30, 2021.
Increased demand from end markets and project start-ups drive Linde's (LIN) Q2 earnings.
QFIN, DOW, ALLY, and KBH made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on July 30, 2021.
DOW, CLS, HRI, and TTE made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on July 30, 2021.
DOW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|