DTE Energy Company (DTE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DTE POWR Grades
- DTE scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 74.21% of US stocks.
- DTE's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 163 days.
- DTE's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 16.95% of US stocks).
DTE Stock Summary
- Dte Energy Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.74% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Dte Energy Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.43% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For DTE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 89.5% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DTE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ETR, AGR, OKE, ES, and EIX.
- DTE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Dte Energy Co's official web site, go to newlook.dteenergy.com.
DTE Valuation Summary
- DTE's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 19.05% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, DTE's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
- DTE's price/earnings ratio has moved down 6.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DTE.
DTE Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 22.76%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 6.21%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 36.44%.
The table below shows DTE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DTE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DTE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 12.96% of graded US stocks.
- DTE's asset turnover comes in at 0.309 -- ranking 23rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- BKH, IDA, and EXC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DTE.
The table below shows DTE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DTE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DTE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$118.46||52-week high||$122.14|
|Prev. close||$118.36||52-week low||$96.40|
|Day high||$120.09||Avg. volume||812,986|
|50-day MA||$115.89||Dividend yield||2.99%|
|200-day MA||$115.74||Market Cap||22.95B|
DTE Energy Company (DTE) Company Bio
DTE Energy engages in the generation, purchase, distribution, and sale of electricity to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in southeastern Michigan. The company is also engaged in the purchase, storage, transportation, distribution and sale of natural gas to residential, commercial and industrial customers throughout Michigan and the sale of gas storage and transportation capacity. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Detroit, Michigan.
Most Popular Stories View All
DTE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DTE Latest Social Stream
View Full DTE Social Stream
Latest DTE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Dte Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DTE as an investment opportunity.
DTE Energy proposes investment to improve reliability, modernize grid for the future and continue clean energy journey
•Commits investments to update energy grid and electric generation system for 21st century demands •Launches 10-month review process with Michigan Public Service Commission and other stakeholders for first rate increase in two-and-a-half years•Proposed investment could translate up to $10 increase/month on average residential customer billDetroit, Jan. 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DETROIT, Jan. 19, 2022 — DTE Energy, Michigan’s largest energy company, this week is proposing a $388 million invest
Joliet, IL, based Investment company First Midwest Bank Trust Division (Current Portfolio) buys Axsome Therapeutics Inc, PROSHARES TRUST, iShares Russell Mid-Cap ETF, ISHARES TRUST, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc, sells Iovance Biotherapeutics Inc, Consumer Discretionary Select Sector SPDR, AT&T Inc, Avis Budget Group Inc, Cerus Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, First Midwest Bank Trust Division.
In this article we will analyze whether DTE Energy Company (NYSE:DTE) is a good investment right now by following the lead of some of the best investors in the world and piggybacking their ideas. There’s no better way to get these firms’ immense resources and analytical capabilities working for us than to follow their lead […]
While some investors are already well versed in financial metrics (hat tip), this article is for those who would like...
Memphis, TN, based Investment company Diversified Trust Co (Current Portfolio) buys BTC iShares Core MSCI EAFE ETF, Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc, AmerisourceBergen Corp, Sysco Corp, Truist Financial Corp, sells Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF, BTC iShares MSCI EAFE Value ETF, Illumina Inc, Baxter International Inc, McDonald's Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Diversified Trust Co.
DTE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|