DTE Energy Co. (DTE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DTE POWR Grades
- DTE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DTE is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- DTE's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 20.65% of US stocks).
DTE Stock Summary
- DTE's went public 36.78 years ago, making it older than 93.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of DTE ENERGY CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.47% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of DTE ENERGY CO's share price is greater than that of only 4.8% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DTE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CNP, ES, OKE, CMS, and AEE.
- Visit DTE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to newlook.dteenergy.com.
DTE Valuation Summary
- DTE's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 50% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, DTE's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DTE.
DTE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -4.73%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 8.64%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 27.46%.
The table below shows DTE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DTE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DTE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 12.96% of graded US stocks.
- DTE's asset turnover comes in at 0.309 -- ranking 23rd of 105 Utilities stocks.
- BKH, IDA, and EXC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DTE.
The table below shows DTE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DTE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DTE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$116.11||52-week high||$140.23|
|Prev. close||$118.63||52-week low||$108.22|
|Day high||$117.37||Avg. volume||1,062,090|
|50-day MA||$129.96||Dividend yield||2.98%|
|200-day MA||$126.64||Market Cap||22.49B|
DTE Energy Co. (DTE) Company Bio
DTE Energy (formerly Detroit Edison until 1996) is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services in the United States and Canada. Its operating units include an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers and a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
DTE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DTE Latest Social Stream
View Full DTE Social Stream
Latest DTE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DTE ENERGY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DTE as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss 11 best defensive stocks for an upcoming crash. If you want to read about some more defensive stocks, go directly to 5 Best Defensive Stocks For An Upcoming Crash. The Federal Reserve recently raised interest rates in the United States by three quarters of a percentage point, continuing on an […]
EBR vs. DTE: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Investors who dismiss meme stocks as a fad are definitely missing the bigger picture as meme investors have realized their own power.
Investors should watch utilities like EXC, DTE and OGE, with decent dividend yields and plans of increasing from the current levels. These will help investors generate stable returns amid choppy market conditions.
The best utility stocks help to add stability to investor portfolios due to their low-risk business models and stable cash flows.
DTE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|