Devon Energy Corporation (DVN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DVN POWR Grades
- DVN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.62% of US stocks.
- DVN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- DVN ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
DVN Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.27, DEVON ENERGY CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 2.59% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for DEVON ENERGY CORP is higher than 100% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, DVN has reported earnings growth of 2,738.98%, putting it ahead of 99.58% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to DEVON ENERGY CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be DHI, CVE, ET, PXD, and DLR.
- DVN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DEVON ENERGY CORP's official web site, go to www.devonenergy.com.
DVN Valuation Summary
- DVN's EV/EBIT ratio is 6.4; this is 47.11% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- DVN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 23.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DVN.
DVN Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 39.78%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -27.59%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -70.95%.
The table below shows DVN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DVN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DVN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.87% of graded US stocks.
- DVN's asset turnover comes in at 0.499 -- ranking 50th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- IO, BSM, and ROCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DVN.
The table below shows DVN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DVN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DVN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.24||52-week high||$79.40|
|Prev. close||$70.88||52-week low||$35.55|
|Day high||$72.57||Avg. volume||12,688,244|
|50-day MA||$65.41||Dividend yield||1.02%|
|200-day MA||$60.03||Market Cap||47.30B|
Devon Energy Corporation (DVN) Company Bio
Devon Energy engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Most Popular Stories View All
DVN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DVN Latest Social Stream
View Full DVN Social Stream
Latest DVN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DEVON ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DVN as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN) have rallied nicely in the past few months, despite markets tanking to new lows. Fueling DVN's gains was its stellar second-quarter results and news that it's investing in more cash-producing oil assets. Moreover, it also announced a record dividend payout recently, allowing the company to continue its explosive rally, also thanks to higher crude oil prices. Moreover, DVN presents itself as one of the best income plays in the sector with a strong annualized dividend yield. Hence, we are bullish on DVN stock at this time. Another element that makes DVN mighty attractive is its valuation. The stock trades at 5.
Oil and natural gas giant Devon Energy Corporation's (NYSE:DVN) stock has achieved stupendous outperformance in the last 12 months. This morning the stock is trending 7% higher. Despite the volatility in the underlying commodity prices, Devon Energy shares continue to gain investors’ confidence, based on robust dividend growth and buybacks backed by solid free cashflows, as well as synergistic acquisitions adding to its growth story. Robust Dividend Growth & Buybacks Backed by Solid Free Cash Flows The company has a solid dividend pay-outs. In a year’s time, the dividend has grown significantly, registering growth of more than 200%. The company pays a fixed quarterly dividend of $0.
Shares of large-cap oil and gas producers Chevron (NYSE: CVX), Occidental Petroleum (NYSE: OXY), and Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN) were in rally mode today, up 5%, 5.4%, and 7.9%, respectively, as of 11:24 a.m. ET. While many stocks were higher today, oil and gas stocks were particularly strong ahead of the upcoming OPEC+ meeting this week. Over the weekend, The Wall Street Journal reported OPEC+ participants would discuss production cuts at the upcoming meeting to offset falling prices, with the potential for a surprisingly large cut in the offing.
Stock Market Gains After Mixed Manufacturing Reports; War In Ukraine Escalates; Chevron And Exxon Lead Gains
The stock market gained as the Ukraine war continued to escalate and OPEC+ considered production cuts.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
DVN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|