Devon Energy Corporation (DVN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DVN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where DVN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.63% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DVN is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 47 weeks.
- DVN ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
DVN Stock Summary
- DVN's current price/earnings ratio is 71.2, which is higher than 88.15% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for DVN is currently 7,726,456, higher than 100% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Devon Energy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 6.94% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Devon Energy Corp are ADTN, PLAN, ITT, AA, and BOMN.
- Visit DVN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.devonenergy.com.
DVN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, DVN's price/sales ratio is 100% higher, now standing at 3.
- Over the past 243 months, DVN's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.4.
- DVN's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DVN.
DVN Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 8.74%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -50.19%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -69.95%.
The table below shows DVN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DVN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DVN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.62% of graded US stocks.
- DVN's asset turnover comes in at 0.43 -- ranking 58th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- BSM, IO, and NOG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DVN.
The table below shows DVN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DVN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DVN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.31||52-week high||$31.99|
|Prev. close||$30.33||52-week low||$7.73|
|Day high||$30.58||Avg. volume||11,882,873|
|50-day MA||$27.53||Dividend yield||1.45%|
|200-day MA||$23.59||Market Cap||20.52B|
Devon Energy Corporation (DVN) Company Bio
Devon Energy engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Most Popular Stories View All
DVN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DVN Latest Social Stream
View Full DVN Social Stream
Latest DVN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Devon Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DVN as an investment opportunity.
Oil stocks outperformed and Devon Energy (DVN, daily) formed a little downtrend it could be trying to break above.
Oil producers are finally reining in upstream capex, and it’s opening the door for big dividend payouts for some of U.S. shale’s top players
Devon Energy (DVN) closed the most recent trading day at $28.07, moving -1.34% from the previous trading session.
In this article, we discuss the 15 best energy stocks to invest in today. You can skip our detailed analysis of the energy stocks and the industry’s future outlook and go directly to the 5 Best Energy Stocks to Invest In Today. Due to oil prices reaching their multiyear high and the growing trends of clean […]
AMD, HCKT, DVN, and M made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on September 9, 2021
DVN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|