Devon Energy Corporation (DVN): Price and Financial Metrics
DVN Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.02, Devon Energy Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 7.49% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Devon Energy Corp comes in at -28.82%, a number that bests just 6.74% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for DVN comes in at 22.91% -- higher than that of 90.96% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to DVN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ARNC, MRO, IRDM, SATS, and CXO.
- Visit DVN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.devonenergy.com.
DVN Stock Price Chart More Charts
DVN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.82||52-week high||$35.39|
|Prev. close||$23.30||52-week low||$19.72|
|Day high||$23.59||Avg. volume||5,810,684|
|50-day MA||$24.25||Dividend yield||1.58%|
|200-day MA||$24.74||Market Cap||8.77B|
Devon Energy Corporation (DVN) Company Bio
Devon Energy engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in the United States and Canada. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
DVN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Devon Energy Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Devon Energy Corp ranked in the 12st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 90.83%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for DVN, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.25 years, is -0.3% -- higher than only 5.61% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Devon Energy Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than only 7.85% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 14.5% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|