Devon Energy Corp. (DVN): Price and Financial Metrics
DVN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.15||52-week high||$70.42|
|Prev. close||$44.82||52-week low||$42.59|
|Day high||$45.21||Avg. volume||8,898,826|
|50-day MA||$46.44||Dividend yield||1.76%|
|200-day MA||$49.73||Market Cap||28.93B|
DVN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DVN POWR Grades
- DVN scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 64.33% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for DVN is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- DVN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
DVN Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $29,196,800,000, DEVON ENERGY CORP has a greater market value than 92.3% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of DEVON ENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.86% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for DEVON ENERGY CORP comes in at -19.49%, a number that bests just 13.8% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to DEVON ENERGY CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be CTRA, FANG, MRO, TEF, and PSA.
- DVN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit DEVON ENERGY CORP's official web site, go to www.devonenergy.com.
DVN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, DVN's price/sales ratio is 18.75% higher, now standing at 1.9.
- Over the past 243 months, DVN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DVN.
DVN Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 293.58%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -48.02%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 39.17%.
The table below shows DVN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DVN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DVN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 65.87% of graded US stocks.
- DVN's asset turnover comes in at 0.499 -- ranking 50th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- IO, BSM, and ROCC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DVN.
The table below shows DVN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Devon Energy Corp. (DVN) Company Bio
Devon Energy Corporation is an energy company engaged in hydrocarbon exploration in the United States. It is organized in Delaware and its corporate operative headquarters are in the 50-story Devon Energy Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Its primary operations are in the Barnett Shale STACK formation in Oklahoma, Delaware Basin, Eagle Ford Group, and the Rocky Mountains. (Source:Wikipedia)
DVN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DVN Latest Social Stream
View Full DVN Social Stream
Latest DVN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about DEVON ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DVN as an investment opportunity.
It's a consideration that comes to mind when evaluating Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN), not least because gas has been the real swing factor in determining dividend payouts this year for companies like Devon. Here's why Devon Energy is worth picking up for dividend-hunting energy bulls. The focus on Devon's oil business is understandable; after all, the overwhelming majority of its assets and sales come from oil.
Shares of Devon Energy (NYSE: DVN) have slumped about 35% over the past year. Devon Energy's dynamic dividend is one way it returns its excess free cash to shareholders. The oil company plans to ramp up its repurchase rate next year to capitalize on the incredible bargain it sees in its shares.
Devon Energy (DVN) has been one of the stocks most watched by Zacks.com users lately. So, it is worth exploring what lies ahead for the stock.
The bets commodities stocks are focused on a few key sectors that experts believe will be strong moving forward.
In this article, we will take a look at the 12 best gas stocks to buy now. To know more about the top stocks, go directly to 5 Best Gas Stocks To Buy Now. Natural gas is one of the most important commodities in today’s world. According to a report by McKinsey, gas will be […]
DVN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|