Electronic Arts Inc. (EA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EA POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where EA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.45% of US stocks.
- EA's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- EA ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
EA Stock Summary
- EA has a higher market value than 92.46% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $36,229,864,786.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 88.37%, Electronic Arts Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 88.85% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, EA is more volatile than only 10.99% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Electronic Arts Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SNPS, BIDU, ALNY, UTHR, and CDNS.
- EA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Electronic Arts Inc's official web site, go to www.ea.com.
EA Valuation Summary
- EA's EV/EBIT ratio is 47.5; this is 47.29% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, EA's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.6.
- Over the past 243 months, EA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 564.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EA.
EA Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -72.46%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 25.96%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 46.93%.
The table below shows EA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 79.09% of graded US stocks.
- EA's asset turnover comes in at 0.458 -- ranking 341st of 563 Business Services stocks.
- HEES, BOX, and APPF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EA.
The table below shows EA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$136.68||52-week high||$148.93|
|Prev. close||$133.77||52-week low||$109.24|
|Day high||$137.79||Avg. volume||2,512,333|
|50-day MA||$124.51||Dividend yield||0.51%|
|200-day MA||$132.09||Market Cap||38.44B|
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) Company Bio
Electronic Arts develops games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. Some of its well-known brands include The Sims, Madden NFL, EA SPORTS FIFA, Battlefield, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed, Dragon Age, and Plants vs. Zombies. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Redwood City, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
EA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EA Latest Social Stream
View Full EA Social Stream
Latest EA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Electronic Arts Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EA as an investment opportunity.
GRID™ Legends Featuring All-action Gameplay, Hop-in Cross-platform Multiplayer, New Global Locations, and Epic Story Mode, Now Available Worldwide
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., February 25, 2022--GRID™ LEGENDS FEATURING ALL-ACTION GAMEPLAY, HOP-IN CROSS-PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER, NEW GLOBAL LOCATIONS, AND EPIC STORY MODE, NOW AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE
Savvy investors can generate lucrative returns by investing in companies that look like prime takeover targets.
Arcadia Kim devoted her career to video games, until one hit her in the face. The incident happened several years ago when Kim, a former studio operating chief at Electronic Arts Inc, was trying to peel away her then 10-year-old son from a game of Minecraft. He threw the iPad at her in frustration.Kim, 48, said the experience inspired her to start a business in 2019 advising parents on forming healthy relationships between their kids and their screens. The work took on greater urgency this year…
A video game company may bring more jobs to Orlando as part of a proposed job creation agreement with the city. Chicago-based Iron Galaxy Studios is seeking performance-based tax incentives from the city of Orlando. In return, the company would add 45 jobs over five years, and through the performance-based incentives receive as much as $135,000, or $3,000 per job created, city spokeswoman Samantha Holsten told Orlando Business Journal.
Shares of video-game powerhouse Electronic Arts (EA) and the broader basket of video-game stocks have been quite turbulent in recent years. There are reasons to get excited about EA and its sluggish peers again with the recent consolidation activity in the space. Although it's not a great idea to speculate on when or who will be interested in a takeover, I'd argue that the scarcity premium in a stock like EA could increase with time, as big tech gobbles up the limited number of publicly traded gaming stocks. Gaming is a top draw of the metaverse.
EA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|