eBay Inc. (EBAY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EBAY POWR Grades
- EBAY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 92.23% of US stocks.
- EBAY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- EBAY's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 32.61% of US stocks).
EBAY Stock Summary
- EBAY has a market capitalization of $35,375,115,972 -- more than approximately 92.27% of US stocks.
- EBAY's current price/earnings ratio is 2.6, which is higher than only 1.61% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Ebay Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 17.26%, greater than the shareholder yield of 90.13% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ebay Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TTWO, CGNX, NTAP, HZNP, and ZNGA.
- EBAY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Ebay Inc's official web site, go to www.ebayinc.com.
EBAY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, EBAY's EV/EBIT ratio is 86.98% lower, now standing at 4.2.
- EBAY's price/earnings ratio has moved down 166.9 over the prior 243 months.
- EBAY's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 88.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EBAY.
EBAY Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 89.43%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -1.17%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -3.71%.
The table below shows EBAY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EBAY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EBAY has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.64% of graded US stocks.
- EBAY's asset turnover comes in at 0.446 -- ranking 346th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- CTXS, HSII, and TWTR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EBAY.
The table below shows EBAY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EBAY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EBAY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.81||52-week high||$81.19|
|Prev. close||$44.18||52-week low||$43.28|
|Day high||$45.13||Avg. volume||7,176,900|
|50-day MA||$52.57||Dividend yield||1.96%|
|200-day MA||$63.84||Market Cap||25.09B|
eBay Inc. (EBAY) Company Bio
eBay Inc. (/ˈiːbeɪ/ EE-bay) is an American multinational e-commerce corporation based in San Jose, California, that facilitates consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through its website. eBay was founded by Pierre Omidyar in 1995, and became a notable success story of the dot-com bubble. eBay is a multibillion-dollar business with operations in about 32 countries, as of 2019. The company manages the eBay website, an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a wide variety of goods and services worldwide. The website is free to use for buyers, but sellers are charged fees for listing items after a limited number of free listings, and an additional or separate fee when those items are sold. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
EBAY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EBAY Latest Social Stream
View Full EBAY Social Stream
Latest EBAY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ebay Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EBAY as an investment opportunity.
eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY) released its fourth-quarter 2021 results on February 23, wherein the top line was at the high end of the company’s guided range (5%). Solid momentum in the revenue contribution of Promoted Listings played a key role in the overall top-line growth. However, the quarter witnessed a 9% year-over-year decline in eBay’s active buyers and an 8% decline in global active sellers. This was a continued momentum from the preceding quarter, something we had predicted before the release of the fourth-quarter print.
In this article, we will take a look at the 10 companies that topped profit expectations. You can skip our detailed analysis of these companies and go directly to the 5 Companies That Topped Profit Expectations. Notable stocks from the consumer cyclical sector, including Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:BKNG), eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) and Bath & Body […]
Etsy CEO Josh Silverman joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the company's earnings, its reinvestment in the platform, raising fees, and attracting male users with NFL ads.
In this article, we discuss 10 companies that just increased their dividends by over 10%. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to These 5 Companies Just Increased Their Dividends By Over 10%. The S&P 500 is heading into correction territory as the Russian attack on Ukraine has severely […]
eBay, Inc. (EBAY) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 23, 2022, 16:30 ET Company Participants Joe Billante - VP, IR Jamie Iannone - CEO, President & Director Stephen Priest - SVP & CFO Conference Call Participants Scott Devitt - Stifel, Nicolaus & Company Ross Sandler - Barclays Bank Stephen Ju...
EBAY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|