eBay Inc. (EBAY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EBAY POWR Grades
- EBAY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 93.87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EBAY is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- EBAY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
EBAY Stock Summary
- EBAY has a higher market value than 91.64% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $26,677,120,717.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 952.75, EBAY INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 99.63% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- EBAY INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 28.71%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.96% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to EBAY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CARS, PODD, MRCY, NOV, and ADES.
- Visit EBAY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ebayinc.com.
EBAY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, EBAY's price/sales ratio is 0% higher, now standing at 2.6.
- EBAY's price/sales ratio has moved down 19.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EBAY.
EBAY Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -14.32%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 6.08%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -40.15%.
The table below shows EBAY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EBAY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EBAY has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.64% of graded US stocks.
- EBAY's asset turnover comes in at 0.446 -- ranking 346th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- CTXS, HSII, and TWTR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EBAY.
The table below shows EBAY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EBAY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EBAY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$49.05||52-week high||$60.65|
|Prev. close||$49.16||52-week low||$35.92|
|Day high||$49.05||Avg. volume||4,285,003|
|50-day MA||$44.30||Dividend yield||1.79%|
|200-day MA||$44.61||Market Cap||26.62B|
eBay Inc. (EBAY) Company Bio
eBay Inc. (/ˈiːbeɪ/ EE-bay) is an American multinational e-commerce corporation based in San Jose, California, that facilitates consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through its website. eBay was founded by Pierre Omidyar in 1995, and became a notable success story of the dot-com bubble. eBay is a multibillion-dollar business with operations in about 32 countries, as of 2019. The company manages the eBay website, an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a wide variety of goods and services worldwide. The website is free to use for buyers, but sellers are charged fees for listing items after a limited number of free listings, and an additional or separate fee when those items are sold. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
EBAY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EBAY Latest Social Stream
View Full EBAY Social Stream
Latest EBAY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EBAY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EBAY as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Etsy (NASDAQ: ETSY) were hit hard over the last year due to these concerns. Sure, Etsy isn't growing at nearly the same blazing pace as investors saw in earlier phases of the pandemic. Consider that Etsy was growing on top of an 18% spike a year earlier and a 119% surge two years ago.
CRM stock is up today as investors cheer news that activist investor Elliott Management has taken a stake in Salesforce.
A common mistake that investors make regarding dividend portfolio construction is not having a well-thought-out plan.
Etsy (NASDAQ: ETSY) investors had a rough 2022. Wall Street was also concerned that Etsy might not be able to quickly pivot toward profitability. The headline takeaway for many investors in 2022 was that Etsy is done growing.
In this article, we'll discuss some of the best stocks to buy for long-term investors looking for steady returns.
EBAY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|