Ellington Financial Inc. (EFC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EFC POWR Grades
- EFC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 84.89% of US stocks.
- EFC's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- EFC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
EFC Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Ellington Financial Inc is higher than it is for about 99.17% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Ellington Financial Inc's share price is greater than that of only 2.29% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for EFC comes in at -182.85% -- higher than that of only 1.72% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ellington Financial Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be MITT, WHF, LFT, CIM, and ACRE.
- Visit EFC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ellingtonfinancial.com.
EFC Valuation Summary
- EFC's price/sales ratio is 4.6; this is 43.75% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- EFC's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.4 over the prior 132 months.
- EFC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 7.3 over the prior 132 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EFC.
EFC Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -40.79%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 14.55%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 75.89%.
The table below shows EFC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EFC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EFC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 61.43% of graded US stocks.
- EFC's asset turnover comes in at 0.053 -- ranking 54th of 63 Real Estate stocks.
- TRNO, RLGY, and HGSH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EFC.
The table below shows EFC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EFC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EFC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.44||52-week high||$19.60|
|Prev. close||$15.26||52-week low||$14.28|
|Day high||$15.54||Avg. volume||778,749|
|50-day MA||$16.53||Dividend yield||11.8%|
|200-day MA||$17.53||Market Cap||927.11M|
Ellington Financial Inc. (EFC) Company Bio
Ellington Financial is a specialty finance company that primarily acquires and manages mortgage-related assets, including residential mortgage-backed securities, residential mortgage loans, commercial mortgage-backed securities, commercial mortgage loans and other commercial real estate debt, real property, and mortgage-related derivatives. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Old Greenwich, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
EFC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EFC Latest Social Stream
View Full EFC Social Stream
Latest EFC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ellington Financial Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EFC as an investment opportunity.
Ellington Financial Inc. (EFC) Q4 2021 Results Conference Call February 24, 2022 11:00 AM ET Company Participants Jason Frank - Deputy General Counsel and Secretary Laurence Penn - President and Chief Executive Officer JR Herlihy - Chief Financial Officer Mark Tecotzky - Co-Chief Investment Officer Conference Call Participants Bose George...
Ellington Financial's (EFC) purchase of controlling interest in Longbridge will enable it to tap the latter's industry-leading position in the reverse mortgage space.
By investing $1,000 in any one of these stocks, investors can expect a payout of close to or above $100 annually.
Ellington Financial press release (NYSE:EFC): Q4 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.44 misses by $0.03. Total net interest income of $38.47M (+41.9% Y/Y) misses by $18.79M. Book value per common share as of December 31, 2021 of $18.39, including the effects of dividends of $0.45 per common share for the quarter. Debt-to-equity ratio...
OLD GREENWICH, Conn. & MAHWAH, N.J., February 23, 2022--Ellington Financial to Acquire Longbridge Financial; Ellington to Gain Controlling Interest in Industry-Leading Reverse Mortgage Lender
EFC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching EFCWant to do more research on Ellington Financial Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Ellington Financial Inc (EFC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ellington Financial Inc (EFC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ellington Financial Inc (EFC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch