Ellington Financial Inc. (EFC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EFC POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where EFC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.07% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EFC is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- EFC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
EFC Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Ellington Financial Inc is higher than it is for about 99.01% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that EFC's revenue has grown -1,337.83% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 0.02% of US companies in our set.
- Ellington Financial Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -123.99%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 1.93% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Ellington Financial Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CIM, MITT, BBDC, ACRE, and NAVI.
- Visit EFC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ellingtonfinancial.com.
EFC Valuation Summary
- EFC's price/sales ratio is 4.6; this is 43.75% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- EFC's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.4 over the prior 132 months.
- EFC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 7.3 over the prior 132 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EFC.
EFC Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -40.79%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 30.28%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 14.55%.
The table below shows EFC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EFC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EFC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 61.83% of graded US stocks.
- EFC's asset turnover comes in at 0.053 -- ranking 54th of 63 Real Estate stocks.
- TRNO, RLGY, and CIGI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EFC.
The table below shows EFC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EFC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EFC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.66||52-week high||$19.60|
|Prev. close||$18.64||52-week low||$12.01|
|Day high||$18.79||Avg. volume||576,708|
|50-day MA||$18.35||Dividend yield||9.65%|
|200-day MA||$17.34||Market Cap||935.28M|
Ellington Financial Inc. (EFC) Company Bio
Ellington Financial is a specialty finance company that primarily acquires and manages mortgage-related assets, including residential mortgage-backed securities, residential mortgage loans, commercial mortgage-backed securities, commercial mortgage loans and other commercial real estate debt, real property, and mortgage-related derivatives. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Old Greenwich, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
EFC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EFC Latest Social Stream
View Full EFC Social Stream
Latest EFC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ellington Financial Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EFC as an investment opportunity.
When choosing dividend stocks, picks like ABR stock and EFC stock are attractive with dividend yields that are greater than 4%.
OLD GREENWICH, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ellington Financial Announces Estimated Book Value Per Common Share as of August 31, 2021
Ellington Financial Inc. found using ticker (EFC) now have 8 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 20 and 18.5 with a mean TP of 19.38. Given that the stocks previous close was at 18.33 this is indicating there is a potential upside of 5.7%. There is a 50 day moving average of 18.35 and the 200 day moving average is 18.02. The market capitalisation for the company is $810m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="EFC" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Ellington Financial Inc., through its subsidiary, Ellington Financial Operating Partnership LLC, acquires and manages mortgage-related...
OLD GREENWICH, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ellington Financial Declares Monthly Common Dividend
In this article, we will be taking a look at 10 dividend stocks with over 9% yield. To skip our detailed analysis of dividend investing, you can go directly to see the 5 Dividend Stocks with Over 9% Yield. Whether you are an avid investor looking to diversify your portfolio with a range of stocks, […]
EFC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching EFCWant to do more research on Ellington Financial Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Ellington Financial Inc (EFC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Ellington Financial Inc (EFC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Ellington Financial Inc (EFC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch