EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EOG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where EOG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.61% of US stocks.
- EOG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- EOG ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
EOG Stock Summary
- EOG has a market capitalization of $52,640,831,665 -- more than approximately 94.93% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Eog Resources Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.94% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, EOG has reported earnings growth of 271.75%, putting it ahead of 90.99% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Eog Resources Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PXD, NEM, E, MET, and DLR.
- Visit EOG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.eogresources.com.
EOG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, EOG's EV/EBIT ratio is 11.85% lower, now standing at 16.
- EOG's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.1 over the prior 243 months.
- EOG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 11.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EOG.
EOG Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 105.99%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 334.84%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -40.55%.
The table below shows EOG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EOG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EOG has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.92% of graded US stocks.
- EOG's asset turnover comes in at 0.362 -- ranking 67th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- BDCO, MRO, and WTI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EOG.
The table below shows EOG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EOG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EOG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$93.10||52-week high||$93.43|
|Prev. close||$90.16||52-week low||$31.22|
|Day high||$93.43||Avg. volume||4,541,727|
|50-day MA||$75.77||Dividend yield||1.83%|
|200-day MA||$73.40||Market Cap||54.36B|
EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG) Company Bio
EOG Resources explores, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
EOG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EOG Latest Social Stream
View Full EOG Social Stream
Latest EOG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Eog Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EOG as an investment opportunity.
The Zacks Earnings ESP is a great way to find potential earnings surprises. Why investors should take advantage now.
Within the last quarter, EOG Resources (NYSE: EOG ) has observed the following analyst ratings:
Rob Thummel, Portfolio Manager at Tortoise, joins Yahoo Finance to discuss the outlook on natural gas, opportunity in the energy sector, and gas prices.
Via Baker Hughes' (BKR) equity method, profits from the HMH JV are set to reflect on the company's overall results.
These low-cost, robust index funds provide broad market exposure to help build a wealthy retirement for retail investors.
EOG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|