EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EOG POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where EOG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.47% of US stocks.
- EOG's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- EOG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
EOG Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $46,443,295,609, Eog Resources Inc has a greater market value than 94.84% of US stocks.
- EOG's current price/earnings ratio is 741.73, which is higher than 98.86% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Eog Resources Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to EOG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ROST, LULU, TT, RACE, and WIT.
- EOG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Eog Resources Inc's official web site, go to www.eogresources.com.
EOG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EOG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$82.60||52-week high||$86.60|
|Prev. close||$79.58||52-week low||$31.22|
|Day high||$83.02||Avg. volume||4,555,814|
|50-day MA||$73.76||Dividend yield||2%|
|200-day MA||$54.45||Market Cap||48.21B|
EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG) Company Bio
EOG Resources explores, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Houston, Texas.
EOG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for EOG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Eog Resources Inc ranked in the 36th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Eog Resources Inc ended up being:
- Eog Resources Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.6. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 15.91% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), Eog Resources Inc has a reliance on debt greater than just 16.39% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
EOG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EOG Latest Social Stream
View Full EOG Social Stream
Latest EOG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Eog Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EOG as an investment opportunity.
Photo by grandriver/E+ via Getty Images EOG Resources (EOG) is improving its business strategy quite successfully. The company achieves significant returns even if oil trades at a $40 level. The business enjoys tremendous tailwinds from current market developments. We expect the stock to appreciate significantly in coming years. The inflation...
Higher oil and gas prices aid Cimarex Energy (XEC) in the first quarter.
Some of the top gainers of the S&P 500 year to date are energy-related names Marathon Oil (MRO), Diamondback Energy (FANG), EOG Resources (EOG), Devon Energy (DVN) and Hess Corporation (HES).
Dan Dicker, the author of 'Turning Oil Green’ and founder of The Energy Word, joined Yahoo Finance to discuss the latest implactions from the Colonial Pipeline cyberattack.
When weighing oil stocks to buy, consider which ones are diversified and which are focused more on shale or particular regions.
EOG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|