EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EOG POWR Grades
- EOG scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EOG is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- EOG ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
EOG Stock Summary
- EOG has a higher market value than 93.81% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $42,778,255,443.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 683.2, Eog Resources Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 98.79% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Eog Resources Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 4.52% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to EOG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CVEO, KOF, FORD, CALM, and KRNT.
- Visit EOG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.eogresources.com.
EOG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, EOG's EV/EBIT ratio is 698.87% higher, now standing at 141.4.
- Over the past 243 months, EOG's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.1.
- EOG's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 136.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EOG.
EOG Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 256.19%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 16.55%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 55.43%.
The table below shows EOG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EOG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EOG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$70.74||52-week high||$87.99|
|Prev. close||$73.68||52-week low||$31.22|
|Day high||$73.04||Avg. volume||4,483,535|
|50-day MA||$80.58||Dividend yield||2.26%|
|200-day MA||$65.27||Market Cap||41.28B|
EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG) Company Bio
EOG Resources explores, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Houston, Texas.
EOG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for EOG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Eog Resources Inc ranked in the 38th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 45.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Eog Resources Inc ended up being:
- 90% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than 69.57% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Energy), Eog Resources Inc has a reliance on debt greater than just 13.73% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
EOG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EOG Latest Social Stream
View Full EOG Social Stream
Latest EOG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Eog Resources Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EOG as an investment opportunity.
EOG Resources' (EOG) second-quarter 2021 results are likely to be backed by higher production volumes.
While stronger commodity prices are likely to have boosted PDC Energy's (PDCE) profit levels in the second quarter, an uptick in capital spending might have played spoilsport.
The four energy stocks are slated to release second-quarter earnings results this week. These are: EOG, DVN, MGY and CLR.
We have narrowed down our search to six momentum stocks that witnessed robust earnings estimate revisions in the last 7 days and have strong upside left for 2021. These are: AAPL, F, EOG, COP, RS and WSO.
Earnings season is in full swing and it can feel like information overload. Reuben Gregg Brewer (TotalEnergies): My main oil investment is TotalEnergies, the integrated French energy giant that has laid out plans to transition its business more toward clean energy. To be honest, since oil prices have recovered from their pandemic lows, I'm not all that worried about earnings.
EOG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|