Eversource Energy (ES): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ES POWR Grades
- ES scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 88.94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ES is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- ES's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 27.75% of US stocks).
ES Stock Summary
- EVERSOURCE ENERGY's market capitalization of $27,976,051,653 is ahead of 91.84% of US-listed equities.
- EVERSOURCE ENERGY's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.53% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of EVERSOURCE ENERGY's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to EVERSOURCE ENERGY are DTE, EIX, AGR, EQR, and AEE.
- ES's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EVERSOURCE ENERGY's official web site, go to www.eversource.com.
ES Valuation Summary
- ES's price/sales ratio is 2.5; this is 7.41% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ES's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 7.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ES.
ES Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 31.38%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -5.2%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 22.53%.
The table below shows ES's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ES's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ES has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.69% of graded US stocks.
- ES's asset turnover comes in at 0.208 -- ranking 59th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- NI, CMS, and PNW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ES.
The table below shows ES's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ES Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ES Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$80.94||52-week high||$94.63|
|Prev. close||$80.32||52-week low||$70.54|
|Day high||$81.23||Avg. volume||1,450,206|
|50-day MA||$82.91||Dividend yield||3.15%|
|200-day MA||$84.99||Market Cap||28.19B|
Eversource Energy (ES) Company Bio
Eversource Energy is a publicly traded, Fortune 500 energy company headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, and Boston, Massachusetts, with several regulated subsidiaries offering retail electricity, natural gas service and water service to approximately 4 million customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
ES Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ES Latest Social Stream
View Full ES Social Stream
Latest ES News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EVERSOURCE ENERGY that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ES as an investment opportunity.
Eversource Again Nationally Recognized among America’s "Most JUST" Companies by JUST Capital and CNBC
HARTFORD, Conn. & BOSTON, January 10, 2023--Eversource Energy was named to America’s Most JUST Companies by JUST Capital and CNBC for the fourth consecutive year.
In an unusual decision, a federal judge last month refused to strike a plaintiff class’ demand for a jury trial in an ERISA 401(k) class action. In Garthwait v. Eversource Energy Co., a class of former and current participants in the Eversource 401(k) Plan (the Plan) filed an action against Eversource Energy Company and Plan fiduciaries seeking to recover plan losses caused by alleged breaches of fiduciary duty, and requesting other equitable or remedial relief…. By: Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Eversource Energy is a large electric utility serving the heavily populated New England region. Click to read my analysis on ES stock and whether it is a Buy.
To find a multi-bagger stock, what are the underlying trends we should look for in a business? Typically, we'll want to...
(Bloomberg) -- US government scientists warned federal regulators the South Fork offshore wind farm near the Rhode Island coast threatened the Southern New England Cod, a species so ingrained in regional lore that a wooden carving of it hangs in the Massachusetts state house.Most Read from BloombergOne of World’s Most Crowded Cities Gets First Mass-Transit RailMilan Reports 50% of Passengers on China Flights Have CovidUS Weighs Sending Bradley Fighting Vehicles to Bolster UkraineBritain’s Younge
ES Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|