Eversource Energy (D/B/A) (ES): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ES POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where ES ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.46% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for ES is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 168 days.
- ES's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 15.83% of US stocks).
ES Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1,191.05, Eversource Energy is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 97.62% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Eversource Energy's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.41% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Eversource Energy's share price is greater than that of merely 5% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Eversource Energy, a group of peers worth examining would be ETR, DTE, EIX, XEL, and OKE.
- Visit ES's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.eversource.com.
ES Valuation Summary
- ES's price/sales ratio is 3.3; this is 57.14% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- ES's price/earnings ratio has moved down 36.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, ES's price/earnings ratio has gone down 36.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ES.
ES Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 38.81%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -6.95%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -6.95%.
The table below shows ES's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ES's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ES has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.69% of graded US stocks.
- ES's asset turnover comes in at 0.208 -- ranking 59th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- NI, CMS, and PNW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ES.
The table below shows ES's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ES Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ES Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$85.74||52-week high||$92.66|
|Prev. close||$84.65||52-week low||$76.64|
|Day high||$86.79||Avg. volume||1,495,860|
|50-day MA||$87.22||Dividend yield||2.85%|
|200-day MA||$85.78||Market Cap||29.48B|
Eversource Energy (D/B/A) (ES) Company Bio
Eversource Energy transmits and delivers electricity and natural gas to electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
ES Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ES Latest Social Stream
View Full ES Social Stream
Latest ES News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Eversource Energy that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ES as an investment opportunity.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Xcel Energy Inc., WEC Energy Group Inc., Atmos Energy Corp., MGE Energy Inc. and Eversource Energy
Xcel Energy Inc., WEC Energy Group Inc., Atmos Energy Corp., MGE Energy Inc. and Eversource Energy are included in this blog.
Hood River, OR, based Investment company Northside Capital Management, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Snowflake Inc, Datadog Inc, Procore Technologies Inc, Planet Labs PBC, Trane Technologies PLC, sells Vir Biotechnology Inc, Roblox Corp, Oracle Corp, Abbott Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Northside Capital Management, LLC.
We have narrowed our search to five utility stocks with positive growth potential for 2022. These are: XEL, WEC, ATO, ES and MGEE.
Construction will soon begin on the second commercial-scale, offshore wind energy project to gain approval in the United States, the developers said.
Investment company Cerro Pacific Wealth Advisors LLC (Current Portfolio) buys JPMorgan Short Duration Core Plus ETF, Simon Property Group Inc, Pioneer Natural Resources Co, Duke Energy Corp, Prudential Financial Inc, sells American Tower Corp, Eversource Energy, Valero Energy Corp, Global Payments Inc, Linde PLC during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Cerro Pacific Wealth Advisors LLC.
ES Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|