East West Bancorp, Inc. (EWBC): Price and Financial Metrics
EWBC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$49.76||52-week high||$80.98|
|Prev. close||$50.29||52-week low||$33.86|
|Day high||$50.62||Avg. volume||1,548,826|
|50-day MA||$51.18||Dividend yield||3.82%|
|200-day MA||$65.71||Market Cap||7.04B|
EWBC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EWBC POWR Grades
- EWBC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 69.4% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EWBC is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- EWBC ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
EWBC Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 10.88 for EAST WEST BANCORP INC; that's greater than it is for 91.46% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 1,316.08%, EAST WEST BANCORP INC's debt growth rate surpasses 98.81% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for EWBC comes in at -53.56% -- higher than that of only 10.01% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to EWBC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BMRC, NBHC, HTBI, OBT, and FHB.
- EWBC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EAST WEST BANCORP INC's official web site, go to www.eastwestbank.com.
EWBC Valuation Summary
- EWBC's price/sales ratio is 2.8; this is 211.11% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, EWBC's price/sales ratio has gone down 3.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EWBC.
EWBC Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 6.95%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 24.7%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -12.99%.
The table below shows EWBC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EWBC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EWBC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.9% of graded US stocks.
- EWBC's asset turnover comes in at 0.03 -- ranking 373rd of 428 Banking stocks.
- FBNC, BANR, and HTLF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EWBC.
The table below shows EWBC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EWBC Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of EWBC, see our EWBC price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$90.82||Average Broker Recommendation||1.38 (Strong Buy)|
East West Bancorp, Inc. (EWBC) Company Bio
East West Bancorp offers deposit products, including the traditional range of personal and business checking and savings accounts, time deposits and individual retirement accounts, and merchant services in the U.S., China, and Hong Kong. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Pasadena, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
EWBC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EWBC Latest Social Stream
View Full EWBC Social Stream
Latest EWBC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EAST WEST BANCORP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EWBC as an investment opportunity.
East West Bancorp (EWBC) Rides on Rates Amid Poor Asset Quality
A decent loan demand and higher interest rates are likely to keep supporting East West Bancorp (EWBC). However, mounting non-interest expenses and weak asset quality are headwinds.
Chairman of East West Bancorp Picks Up 1.3% More Stock \
East West Bancorp, Inc. ( NASDAQ:EWBC ) shareholders (or potential shareholders) will be happy to see that the...
Regional bank buying opportunities
Regional banks bounced back on Friday following what was a volatile week for the sector. Shares of Pacwest Bancorp (PACW) led the charge, closing up over 81%. KBW's Head of U.S. Bank Research Christopher McGratty joined Yahoo Finance's Seana Smith and Akiko Fujita to discuss the latest in the banking crisis. "We know that we will emerge from this crisis. We always do." says McGratty. When talking about how long it could take to restore confidence in the regional banks, McGratty said "what they don't want to do is create another wave of failures. This is not a capital problem, this is a confidence problem." When it comes to buying opportunities, McGratty says "we are neutral on the group," though one bank where he sees potential upside is New York Community Bancorp (NYCB). "We upgraded t...
19 Banks Grasp For $32.6 Billion Government Lifeline: Report
Investors are making their best guesses at which banks are in the worst shape in the S&P 500 and out. But new data paint a clearer picture of where the pain is.
East West Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:EWBC) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript
East West Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:EWBC) Q1 2023 Earnings Call Transcript April 20, 2023 East West Bancorp, Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $2.27, expectations were $2.2. Operator Good day. And welcome to the East West Bancorp First Quarter 2023 Earnings Conference Call. All participants will be in a listen-only mode. [Operator Instructions] After today’s […]
EWBC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching EWBCWant to do more research on East West Bancorp Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
East West Bancorp Inc (EWBC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
East West Bancorp Inc (EWBC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
East West Bancorp Inc (EWBC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...