East West Bancorp, Inc. (EWBC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EWBC POWR Grades
- EWBC scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.69% of US stocks.
- EWBC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- EWBC's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 26.55% of US stocks).
EWBC Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $9,449,928,355, EAST WEST BANCORP INC has a greater market value than 84.24% of US stocks.
- EWBC's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 92.55% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -13.27%, EAST WEST BANCORP INC's debt growth rate surpasses merely 21.63% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to EAST WEST BANCORP INC are SNV, MYFW, BANR, CBSH, and CBNK.
- EWBC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EAST WEST BANCORP INC's official web site, go to www.eastwestbank.com.
EWBC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, EWBC's price/sales ratio is 336.36% higher, now standing at 4.8.
- Over the past 243 months, EWBC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 6.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EWBC.
EWBC Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 38.3%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 38.28%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 47.82%.
The table below shows EWBC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EWBC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EWBC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.9% of graded US stocks.
- EWBC's asset turnover comes in at 0.03 -- ranking 373rd of 428 Banking stocks.
- FBNC, BANR, and HTLF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EWBC.
The table below shows EWBC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EWBC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EWBC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.84||52-week high||$93.51|
|Prev. close||$67.06||52-week low||$61.65|
|Day high||$68.47||Avg. volume||937,730|
|50-day MA||$72.45||Dividend yield||2.39%|
|200-day MA||$75.97||Market Cap||9.42B|
East West Bancorp, Inc. (EWBC) Company Bio
East West Bancorp offers deposit products, including the traditional range of personal and business checking and savings accounts, time deposits and individual retirement accounts, and merchant services in the U.S., China, and Hong Kong. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Pasadena, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
EWBC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EWBC Latest Social Stream
View Full EWBC Social Stream
Latest EWBC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EAST WEST BANCORP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EWBC as an investment opportunity.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
PASADENA, Calif., September 23, 2022--East West Bancorp, Inc. ("East West" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: EWBC), parent company of East West Bank, the financial bridge between the United States and Greater China, will release third quarter 2022 financial results before the market opens on Thursday, October 20, 2022.
With the Fed expected to announce another 75-bps hike in interest rates, it's time for investors to consider banks - Wells Fargo (WFC), East West Bancorp (EWBC), Zions (ZION), BOK Financial (BOKF) and Valley National (VLY) - on solid fundamentals.
First Financial (FFNW) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions for the stock doesn't suggest further strength down the road.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does East West Bancorp (EWBC) have what it takes? Let's find out.
EWBC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|