East West Bancorp, Inc. (EWBC): Price and Financial Metrics
EWBC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.71||52-week high||$80.98|
|Prev. close||$52.38||52-week low||$33.86|
|Day high||$53.75||Avg. volume||1,277,150|
|50-day MA||$56.08||Dividend yield||3.72%|
|200-day MA||$59.04||Market Cap||7.46B|
EWBC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EWBC POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where EWBC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 50.5% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for EWBC is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- EWBC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
EWBC Stock Summary
- EWBC's current price/earnings ratio is 5.96, which is higher than just 11.1% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 10.75 for EAST WEST BANCORP INC; that's greater than it is for 90.94% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 975.67%, EAST WEST BANCORP INC's debt growth rate surpasses 98.73% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to EAST WEST BANCORP INC are BMRC, OPBK, OBT, HMNF, and UBFO.
- EWBC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EAST WEST BANCORP INC's official web site, go to www.eastwestbank.com.
EWBC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, EWBC's price/earnings ratio is 35.79% lower, now standing at 6.1.
- Over the past 243 months, EWBC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 14.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EWBC.
EWBC Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 6.95%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 24.7%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -12.99%.
The table below shows EWBC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EWBC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EWBC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.9% of graded US stocks.
- EWBC's asset turnover comes in at 0.03 -- ranking 373rd of 428 Banking stocks.
- FBNC, BANR, and HTLF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EWBC.
The table below shows EWBC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
East West Bancorp, Inc. (EWBC) Company Bio
East West Bancorp offers deposit products, including the traditional range of personal and business checking and savings accounts, time deposits and individual retirement accounts, and merchant services in the U.S., China, and Hong Kong. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Pasadena, California.
EWBC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EWBC Latest Social Stream
View Full EWBC Social Stream
Latest EWBC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EAST WEST BANCORP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EWBC as an investment opportunity.
PASADENA, Calif., September 22, 2023--East West Bancorp, Inc. ("East West" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: EWBC), parent company of East West Bank, will release third quarter 2023 financial results before the market opens on Thursday, October 19, 2023.
If you’re looking for Charlie Munger stocks to buy, it turns out the best place to look is a relatively unknown Chinese-American portfolio manager named Li Lu.
By buying an index fund, investors can approximate the average market return. But if you buy good businesses at...
Investors need to pay close attention to East West Bancorp (EWBC) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
Understanding the guru's confidence in the stock
EWBC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|