Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EXP POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where EXP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.16% of US stocks.
- EXP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 201 days.
- EXP ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
EXP Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Eagle Materials Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.95% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Eagle Materials Inc is higher than it is for about 99.64% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, EXP has reported earnings growth of -426.65%, putting it ahead of merely 4.64% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Eagle Materials Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be FCX, KEN, ARCC, MRCC, and NMFC.
- EXP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Eagle Materials Inc's official web site, go to www.eaglematerials.com.
EXP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EXP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$147.02||52-week high||$152.21|
|Prev. close||$150.88||52-week low||$48.56|
|Day high||$150.97||Avg. volume||356,190|
|50-day MA||$136.76||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$106.47||Market Cap||6.18B|
Eagle Materials Inc (EXP) Company Bio
Eagle Materials produces and sells construction products and building materials used in residential, industrial, commercial, and infrastructure construction, and products used in oil and natural gas extraction in the United States. The company was founded in 1963 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
EXP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for EXP, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Eagle Materials Inc ranked in the 76th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Eagle Materials Inc ended up being:
- In the past 5.49 years, Eagle Materials Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.36%; that's better than 74.64% of cash flow producing equities in the Basic Materials sector, where it is classified.
- Eagle Materials Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 22.16% of tickers in our DCF set.
- EXP's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 22.16% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
EXP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EXP Latest Social Stream
View Full EXP Social Stream
Latest EXP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Eagle Materials Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EXP as an investment opportunity.
SUM, EXP, MLM, FND & ACM from the Zacks Construction sector are set to beat analysts' Q1 expectations on the back of solid residential, non-residential and infrastructural demand.
Photo by BanksPhotos/E+ via Getty Images Investment Thesis Smart Sand (SND) is still trading at a good discount to book value, however, the return on equity is quite low (especially when measured in terms of free cash flow), and the market outlook does not promise positive changes in the coming...
With political momentum driving the "build back better" narrative, it’s time to start thinking about concrete stocks to buy.
The most you can lose on any stock (assuming you don't use leverage) is 100% of your money. On the other hand, if you...
Yahoo Finance’s Brian Sozzi, Myles Udland, and Julie Hyman speak discuss February existing home sales and housing market outlook with Century 21 CEO Mike Miedler.
EXP Price Returns