Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
EXP POWR Grades
- EXP scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.67% of US stocks.
- EXP's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- EXP ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
EXP Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Eagle Materials Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For EXP, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.46% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for EXP comes in at 11.05% -- higher than that of 85.42% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to EXP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CVI, GDS, CDMO, NOA, and CLB.
- Visit EXP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.eaglematerials.com.
EXP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, EXP's price/earnings ratio is 4.02% lower, now standing at 19.1.
- Over the past 243 months, EXP's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.6.
- Over the past 243 months, EXP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 3.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for EXP.
EXP Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 61.05%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 50.24%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 26.88%.
The table below shows EXP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
EXP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- EXP has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.88% of graded US stocks.
- EXP's asset turnover comes in at 0.626 -- ranking 48th of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- SWK, TGLS, and CIX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with EXP.
The table below shows EXP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
EXP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
EXP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$124.96||52-week high||$169.15|
|Prev. close||$125.51||52-week low||$114.55|
|Day high||$126.59||Avg. volume||388,966|
|50-day MA||$126.07||Dividend yield||0.8%|
|200-day MA||$143.30||Market Cap||4.94B|
Eagle Materials Inc (EXP) Company Bio
Eagle Materials produces and sells construction products and building materials used in residential, industrial, commercial, and infrastructure construction, and products used in oil and natural gas extraction in the United States. The company was founded in 1963 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
EXP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
EXP Latest Social Stream
View Full EXP Social Stream
Latest EXP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Eagle Materials Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate EXP as an investment opportunity.
Eagle Materials (NYSE:EXP) declares $0.25/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 0.71%Payable April 18; for shareholders of record March 18; ex-div March 17.See EXP
We know that hedge funds generate strong, risk-adjusted returns over the long run, which is why imitating the picks that they are collectively bullish on can be a profitable strategy for retail investors
In a report released yesterday, Philip Ng from Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Eagle Materials (EXP – Research Report), with a price target of $189.00. The company's shares closed last Thursday at $141.29. According to TipRanks.com, Ng is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 12.3% and a 65.3% success rate. Ng covers the Basic Materials sector, focusing on stocks such as Martin Marietta Materials, International Paper Co, and Berry Global Group. The word on The Street in general, suggests a Strong Buy analyst consensus rating for Eagle Materials with a $181.00 average price target, a 28.1% upside from current levels.
No summary available.
Eagle Materials press release (EXP): FQ3 GAAP EPS of $2.53 beats by $0.09.Revenue of $462.94M (+14.4% Y/Y) beats by $1.89M.
EXP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|