Fastenal Company (FAST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FAST POWR Grades
- FAST scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.72% of US stocks.
- FAST's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- FAST's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 9.77% of US stocks).
FAST Stock Summary
- FAST's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 891.11 -- higher than 95.41% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Fastenal Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Fastenal Co's share price is greater than that of merely 4.66% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Fastenal Co, a group of peers worth examining would be BF.B, RCI, JBHT, ZBRA, and ODFL.
- Visit FAST's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.fastenal.com.
FAST Valuation Summary
- FAST's EV/EBIT ratio is 27.2; this is 13.81% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, FAST's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 8.6.
- FAST's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FAST.
FAST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FAST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.77||52-week high||$55.06|
|Prev. close||$54.85||52-week low||$42.57|
|Day high||$55.04||Avg. volume||3,276,377|
|50-day MA||$52.82||Dividend yield||2.04%|
|200-day MA||$49.62||Market Cap||31.48B|
Fastenal Company (FAST) Company Bio
Fastenal Company engages in the wholesale distribution of industrial and construction supplies in the United States, Canada, and internationally. The company offers fasteners, and other industrial and construction supplies primarily under the Fastenal name. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Winona, Minnesota.
FAST Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Fastenal Co. To summarize, we found that Fastenal Co ranked in the 36th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Fastenal Co, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 116.29; that's higher than 95.82% of US stocks in the Industrials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 2% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 11.05% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- FAST's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 53.07% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FAST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FAST Latest Social Stream
View Full FAST Social Stream
Latest FAST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Fastenal Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FAST as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- U.S. growth missed forecasts in the second quarter as the effects of supply-chain constraints reverberated through the economy and took the shine off one of the biggest gains in consumer spending in decades.Gross domestic product expanded at a 6.5% annualized rate following a revised 6.3% pace in the first quarter, the Commerce Department’s preliminary estimate showed Thursday.The report underscores the robust bounce back in household demand as well as the challenges companies are
Fastenal Company's (NASDAQ:FAST) Recent Stock Performance Looks Decent- Can Strong Fundamentals Be the Reason?
Fastenal's (NASDAQ:FAST) stock up by 4.6% over the past month. Given its impressive performance, we decided to study...
(Bloomberg) -- Temporary may well extend into 2022.The outsize gains in U.S. inflation measures that exceeded forecasts over the last four months have been borne out in recent corporate earnings calls, with many executives highlighting greater pricing power.During the kickoff to the current earnings season, companies including paints and coatings producer PPG Industries Inc., beverage maker Coca-Cola Co. and industrial supplies distributor Fastenal Co. have telegraphed building price pressures.“
The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a bullishness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a bullish alignment -- meaning the shorter durations are above the longer duration averages, implying a sound upward trend. The post Fastenal Co (FAST): Price Up $0.77 (1.44)% Over Past Day, Up $0.21 (0.39)% Over Past Hour appeared first on ETF Daily News .
Out of thousands of stocks that are currently traded on the market, it is difficult to identify those that will really generate strong returns. Hedge funds and institutional investors spend millions of dollars on analysts with MBAs and PhDs, who are industry experts and well connected to other industry and media insiders on top of that. Individual investors can piggyback […]
FAST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|