Fastenal Co. (FAST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FAST POWR Grades
- FAST scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.05% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FAST is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- FAST's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 4.17% of US stocks).
FAST Stock Summary
- FAST has a higher market value than 92.33% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $29,147,750,293.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for FASTENAL CO is higher than 86.84% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of FASTENAL CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.89% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FASTENAL CO are GWW, GPC, DLTR, GIB, and CCEP.
- FAST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FASTENAL CO's official web site, go to www.fastenal.com.
FAST Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, FAST's price/sales ratio is 115% higher, now standing at 4.3.
- Over the past 243 months, FAST's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FAST.
FAST Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 42.61%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 70.99%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 10.54%.
The table below shows FAST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FAST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FAST has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.11% of graded US stocks.
- FAST's asset turnover comes in at 1.421 -- ranking 86th of 165 Retail stocks.
- KR, BIG, and ZUMZ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FAST.
The table below shows FAST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FAST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FAST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.89||52-week high||$64.75|
|Prev. close||$51.43||52-week low||$43.73|
|Day high||$51.09||Avg. volume||3,445,393|
|50-day MA||$48.74||Dividend yield||2.44%|
|200-day MA||$51.82||Market Cap||29.15B|
Fastenal Co. (FAST) Company Bio
Fastenal Company is an American company based in Winona, Minnesota. It ranked 479 in the 2021 Fortune 500 based on its 2020 revenues, and its stock is a component of the Nasdaq 100 and S&P 500 stock market indices. Fastenal's service model centers on approximately 3,200 in-market locations, each providing custom inventory and a dedicated sales team. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
FAST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FAST Latest Social Stream
View Full FAST Social Stream
Latest FAST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FASTENAL CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FAST as an investment opportunity.
Investors who take an interest in Fastenal Company ( NASDAQ:FAST ) should definitely note that insider Jeffery Watts...
Do Its Financials Have Any Role To Play In Driving Fastenal Company's (NASDAQ:FAST) Stock Up Recently?
Fastenal's (NASDAQ:FAST) stock is up by a considerable 12% over the past month. Given that stock prices are usually...
These stocks under $50 to buy and hold forever might not attract the limelight, but they should for their tremendous quality.
WINONA, Minn., November 07, 2022--In recent years, Fastenal celebrated two major milestones related to its FAST Solutions program, surpassing 100,000 active FMI Technology devices within customer sites and, later, 1,000 Onsite partnership programs. In October, the company added a third significant milestone to the list, for the first time reaching $1 billion in eCommerce revenue within a calendar year.
With 79% ownership of the shares, Fastenal Company (NASDAQ:FAST) is heavily dominated by institutional owners
To get a sense of who is truly in control of Fastenal Company ( NASDAQ:FAST ), it is important to understand the...
FAST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|