Fastenal Company (FAST): Price and Financial Metrics
FAST Stock Summary
- Fastenal Co's market capitalization of $29,906,519,156 is ahead of 91.5% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Fastenal Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.73% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Fastenal Co's share price is greater than that of only 1.62% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Fastenal Co, a group of peers worth examining would be CCEP, DLTR, AFL, GIB, and VFC.
- FAST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Fastenal Co's official web site, go to www.fastenal.com.
FAST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FAST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.34||52-week high||$52.44|
|Prev. close||$51.75||52-week low||$34.84|
|Day high||$52.44||Avg. volume||3,478,031|
|50-day MA||$48.51||Dividend yield||2.16%|
|200-day MA||$47.34||Market Cap||30.07B|
Fastenal Company (FAST) Company Bio
Fastenal Company engages in the wholesale distribution of industrial and construction supplies in the United States, Canada, and internationally. The company offers fasteners, and other industrial and construction supplies primarily under the Fastenal name. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Winona, Minnesota.
FAST Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for FAST, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Fastenal Co ranked in the 38th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Fastenal Co ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 116.29 -- which is good for besting 96.48% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 2% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 10.98% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- FAST's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 48.74% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FAST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FAST Latest Social Stream
View Full FAST Social Stream
Latest FAST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Fastenal Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FAST as an investment opportunity.
How do you pick the next stock to invest in? One way would be to spend days of research browsing through thousands of publicly traded companies. However, an easier way is to look at the stocks that smart money investors are collectively bullish on. Hedge funds and other institutional investors usually invest large amounts of […]
Fastenal (FAST): Q1 GAAP EPS of $0.37 in-line.Revenue of $1.42B (+3.6% Y/Y) in-line.Q1 gross margin of 45.4% vs. a consensus of 45.9%.Operating cash flow of $274.8M in Q1'21, an increase of 14.0% from Q1'20.Shares -0.75% PM.Press Release...
Fastenal ([[FAST]] -3.1%) falls as much as 4% after reporting in-line Q1 earnings and sales, but gross profit margin slipped to 45.4% from 46.6% in the year-ago quarter.Q1 net sales rose 3.7% Y/Y to $1.42B, while daily sales increased 5.3% Y/Y vs. 2.8% growth in Q4.In fasteners, the company's single...
Companies Reporting Before The Bell • Fastenal (NASDAQ: FAST ) is likely to … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Pre-open movers U.S. stock futures traded slightly higher in early pre-market trade after the Dow Jones and Nasdaq dropped around 50 points each in the previous session. Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) surged to their new all-time highs Tuesday morning, as per market data provider CoinMarketCap. Investors are awaiting earnings results from Fastenal Company (NASDAQ: FAST ) and SeaChange International Inc (NYSE: SEAC ). The NFIB small business optimism index for March is scheduled for release at 6:00 a.m. ET, while the Consumer Price Index for March will be released at 8:30 a.m. ET. Annual rates are expected at 2.5% overall versus 1.7% overall rate in February. Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City President Esther George, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco President Mary Daly, Philadel...
FAST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|