Fastenal Co. (FAST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FAST POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where FAST ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.86% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FAST is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- FAST ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
FAST Stock Summary
- Fastenal Co's market capitalization of $33,945,943,247 is ahead of 91.78% of US-listed equities.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 558.24, Fastenal Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 94.8% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for FAST is currently 44.08, higher than 87.92% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FAST, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SLF, ODFL, ALL, AFL, and DFS.
- FAST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Fastenal Co's official web site, go to www.fastenal.com.
FAST Valuation Summary
- FAST's price/earnings ratio is 36.8; this is 41.27% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- FAST's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, FAST's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FAST.
FAST Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 6.74%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 29.21%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 5.67%.
The table below shows FAST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FAST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FAST has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.11% of graded US stocks.
- FAST's asset turnover comes in at 1.421 -- ranking 86th of 165 Retail stocks.
- KR, BIG, and ZUMZ are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FAST.
The table below shows FAST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FAST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FAST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.14||52-week high||$64.75|
|Prev. close||$52.71||52-week low||$48.84|
|Day high||$53.54||Avg. volume||3,582,394|
|50-day MA||$56.28||Dividend yield||2.35%|
|200-day MA||$56.60||Market Cap||30.59B|
Fastenal Co. (FAST) Company Bio
Fastenal Company is an American company based in Winona, Minnesota. It ranked 479 in the 2021 Fortune 500 based on its 2020 revenues, and its stock is a component of the Nasdaq 100 and S&P 500 stock market indices. Fastenal's service model centers on approximately 3,200 in-market locations, each providing custom inventory and a dedicated sales team. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
FAST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FAST Latest Social Stream
View Full FAST Social Stream
Latest FAST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Fastenal Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FAST as an investment opportunity.
Companhia Brasileira CBD) or Grupo Pao de Acucar's fourth-quarter 2021 results reflect elevated earnings and sales, with the latter benefiting from the omnichannel strength.
Lowe's Companies' (LOW) fourth-quarter fiscal 2021 results reflect gains from its Total Home strategy and productivity-enhancement efforts. Earnings and sales rise year over year.
Dillard's (DDS) Q4 earnings reflect continued strong consumer demand and gains from inventory management, which led to robust sales, earnings and margins.
Home Depot's (HD) Q4 results gain from robust home improvement trends, strong demand, an increase in average ticket and ongoing investments amid the inflationary cost environment.
Fastenal (FAST) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
FAST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|