The First Bancshares, Inc. (FBMS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FBMS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where FBMS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.06% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FBMS is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- FBMS's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 52.29% of US stocks).
FBMS Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 8.51 for First Bancshares Inc; that's greater than it is for 88.05% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -43.56%, First Bancshares Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 9.24% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for FBMS comes in at 18.75% -- higher than that of 90.81% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to First Bancshares Inc are BFC, FVCB, ABTX, SAL, and OCFC.
- Visit FBMS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thefirstbank.com.
FBMS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FBMS's price/sales ratio is 266.67% higher, now standing at 4.4.
- Over the past 175 months, FBMS's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.
- FBMS's price/sales ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 175 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FBMS.
FBMS Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 153.12%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 324.12%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 230.23%.
The table below shows FBMS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FBMS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FBMS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 38.4% of graded US stocks.
- FBMS's asset turnover comes in at 0.035 -- ranking 280th of 428 Banking stocks.
- PLBC, HONE, and RVSB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FBMS.
The table below shows FBMS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FBMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FBMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.91||52-week high||$42.89|
|Prev. close||$28.88||52-week low||$27.85|
|Day high||$28.97||Avg. volume||71,339|
|50-day MA||$30.69||Dividend yield||2.49%|
|200-day MA||$36.02||Market Cap||593.55M|
The First Bancshares, Inc. (FBMS) Company Bio
The First Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for The First, A National Banking Association that provides commercial and retail banking services to small to medium-sized businesses, professional concerns, and individuals in Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
FBMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FBMS Latest Social Stream
View Full FBMS Social Stream
Latest FBMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about First Bancshares Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FBMS as an investment opportunity.
Business First Bancshares (NASDAQ:BFST) had declare $0.12/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Payable Feb. 28; for shareholders of record Feb. 15; ex-div Feb.
The First Bancshares (FBMS) renewed its share repurchase program that earlier expired on Dec.31,2021.Under the program, the company may repurchase up to $30M of its shares until
HATTIESBURG, Miss., February 08, 2022--The First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FBMS) ("First Bancshares" or the "Company"), the holding company for The First Bank, announced today the renewal of its share repurchase program that previously expired on December 31, 2021.
First Bancshares, Inc. (OTC:FBSI) declares $0.30/share annual dividend, 20.0% increase from prior dividend of $0.25.Forward yield 1.77%
The First Bancshares (FBMS) Loses 7.5% in 4 Weeks, Here's Why a Trend Reversal May be Around the Corner
The First Bancshares (FBMS) has become technically an oversold stock now, which implies exhaustion of the heavy selling pressure on it. This, combined with strong agreement among Wall Street analysts in revising earnings estimates higher, indicates a potential trend reversal for the stock in the near term.
FBMS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|