The First Bancshares, Inc. (FBMS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FBMS POWR Grades
- FBMS scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 81.87% of US stocks.
- FBMS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- FBMS's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 15.15% of US stocks).
FBMS Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 10.4 for FIRST BANCSHARES INC; that's greater than it is for 90.94% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 88.63%, FIRST BANCSHARES INC's debt growth rate surpasses 87.12% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, FBMS is more volatile than just 11.03% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FIRST BANCSHARES INC are GABC, NBTB, BANR, CMA, and CFFI.
- FBMS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FIRST BANCSHARES INC's official web site, go to www.thefirstbank.com.
FBMS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FBMS's price/sales ratio is 48% higher, now standing at 3.7.
- FBMS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 4.4 over the prior 194 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FBMS.
FBMS Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -18.32%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 74.19%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 6.53%.
The table below shows FBMS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FBMS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FBMS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 38.4% of graded US stocks.
- FBMS's asset turnover comes in at 0.035 -- ranking 280th of 428 Banking stocks.
- PLBC, HONE, and RVSB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FBMS.
The table below shows FBMS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FBMS Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of FBMS, see our FBMS price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$43.20||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
FBMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FBMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.60||52-week high||$35.90|
|Prev. close||$25.61||52-week low||$24.50|
|Day high||$25.83||Avg. volume||163,301|
|50-day MA||$29.33||Dividend yield||3.23%|
|200-day MA||$30.51||Market Cap||795.24M|
The First Bancshares, Inc. (FBMS) Company Bio
The First Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for The First, A National Banking Association that provides commercial and retail banking services to small to medium-sized businesses, professional concerns, and individuals in Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
FBMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FBMS Latest Social Stream
View Full FBMS Social Stream
Latest FBMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST BANCSHARES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FBMS as an investment opportunity.
First Bancshares (FBMS) Announces $50M Share Repurchase Plan
First Bancshares (FBMS) announces a $50-million share repurchase plan. This, along with dividend hikes and capital strength, will continue to enhance shareholders' value.
The First Bancshares, Inc. Announces New Share Repurchase Plan
HATTIESBURG, Miss., March 01, 2023--The First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FBMS) ("First Bancshares" or the "Company"), the holding company for The First Bank, announced today that the Company’s board of directors has approved a new share repurchase program for the 2023 calendar year.
Be Sure To Check Out The First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:FBMS) Before It Goes Ex-Dividend
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see The First...
The First Bancshares to Participate in the Janney West Coast Bank CEO Forum
HATTIESBURG, Miss., January 31, 2023--The First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FBMS), holding company for The First Bank, (www.thefirstbank.com) will participate in the Janney West Coast Bank CEO Forum which is being held February 1st – 3rd, 2023 at The Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch, Scottsdale, Arizona, and will have one-on-one meetings with certain bank stock analysts and investors.
First Bancshares (NASDAQ:FBMS) Is Increasing Its Dividend To $0.21
The First Bancshares, Inc.'s ( NASDAQ:FBMS ) dividend will be increasing from last year's payment of the same period to...
FBMS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FBMSWant to do more research on First Bancshares Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
First Bancshares Inc (FBMS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
First Bancshares Inc (FBMS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
First Bancshares Inc (FBMS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...