The First Bancshares, Inc. (FBMS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FBMS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where FBMS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.82% of US stocks.
- FBMS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 163 days.
- FBMS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 30.37% of US stocks).
FBMS Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -41.99%, First Bancshares Inc's debt growth rate surpasses merely 11.76% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of First Bancshares Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 3.1% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for FBMS comes in at 18.12% -- higher than that of 89.19% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to First Bancshares Inc are BFC, FVCB, ABTX, SAL, and BCML.
- Visit FBMS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thefirstbank.com.
FBMS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FBMS's price/sales ratio is 266.67% higher, now standing at 4.4.
- Over the past 175 months, FBMS's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.
- FBMS's price/sales ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 175 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FBMS.
FBMS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 159.03%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 230.23%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 225.24%.
The table below shows FBMS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FBMS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FBMS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 38.4% of graded US stocks.
- FBMS's asset turnover comes in at 0.035 -- ranking 280th of 428 Banking stocks.
- PLBC, HONE, and RVSB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FBMS.
The table below shows FBMS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FBMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FBMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.02||52-week high||$42.89|
|Prev. close||$37.29||52-week low||$29.17|
|Day high||$38.36||Avg. volume||39,126|
|50-day MA||$39.42||Dividend yield||1.72%|
|200-day MA||$39.03||Market Cap||799.18M|
The First Bancshares, Inc. (FBMS) Company Bio
The First Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for The First, A National Banking Association that provides commercial and retail banking services to small to medium-sized businesses, professional concerns, and individuals in Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Most Popular Stories View All
FBMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FBMS Latest Social Stream
View Full FBMS Social Stream
Latest FBMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about First Bancshares Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FBMS as an investment opportunity.
Every investor in The First Bancshares, Inc. ( NASDAQ:FBMS ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups...
HATTIESBURG, Miss., November 03, 2021--The First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: FBMS), holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, (www.thefirstbank.com) announced that company representatives will participate in the 2021 HOVDE Group Financial Services Conference, which is being held November 3, 2021 through November 5, 2021 in Phoenix, Arizona at the Arizona Biltmore, and will have one-on-one meetings with certain bank stock analysts and investors beginning on November 4, 2021.
The First Bancshares (FBMS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 2.70% and 2.81%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
First Bancshares, Inc. Reports Results for Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2021; Increases Quarterly Dividend 7%
HATTIESBURG, Miss., October 25, 2021--The First Bancshares, Inc. ("FBMS" or "the Company") (NASDAQ: FBMS), holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, (www.thefirstbank.com) reported today net income available to common shareholders for the quarter ended September 30, 2021.
The First Bancshares (FBMS) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
FBMS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|