The First Bancshares, Inc. (FBMS): Price and Financial Metrics
FBMS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.50||52-week high||$34.05|
|Prev. close||$27.13||52-week low||$22.82|
|Day high||$27.83||Avg. volume||119,597|
|50-day MA||$26.16||Dividend yield||3.57%|
|200-day MA||$26.95||Market Cap||854.98M|
FBMS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FBMS POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where FBMS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 65.11% of US stocks.
- FBMS's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- FBMS's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 22.11% of US stocks).
FBMS Stock Summary
- FBMS's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 87.91% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 79.05%, FIRST BANCSHARES INC's debt growth rate surpasses 89.87% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that FBMS's revenue has grown 36.14% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 86.91% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FIRST BANCSHARES INC are FULT, WABC, HTBI, FBNC, and BFC.
- Visit FBMS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thefirstbank.com.
FBMS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FBMS's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.82% lower, now standing at 10.1.
- FBMS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 2.8 over the prior 203 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FBMS.
FBMS Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -18.32%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 74.19%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 6.53%.
The table below shows FBMS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FBMS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FBMS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 38.4% of graded US stocks.
- FBMS's asset turnover comes in at 0.035 -- ranking 280th of 428 Banking stocks.
- PLBC, HONE, and RVSB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FBMS.
The table below shows FBMS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
The First Bancshares, Inc. (FBMS) Company Bio
The First Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for The First, A National Banking Association that provides commercial and retail banking services to small to medium-sized businesses, professional concerns, and individuals in Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
FBMS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FBMS Latest Social Stream
View Full FBMS Social Stream
Latest FBMS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST BANCSHARES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FBMS as an investment opportunity.
The First Bancshares, Inc. ( NASDAQ:FBMS ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend from last year's...
The First Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:FBMS) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 26, 2023 Hoppy Cole: [Call Starts Abruptly] I’ll give a few high level highlights of the quarter and then turn it over to other members of our teams in their respective areas. This morning I’ve got Dee Dee Lowery, our CFO with us; George […]
Q3 2023 First Bancshares Inc (Mississippi) Earnings Call
The First Bancshares (FBMS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -5% and 4.89%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
The First Bancshares, Inc. Reports Results for Third Quarter ended September 30, 2023; Increases Quarterly Dividend 4%
HATTIESBURG, Miss., October 25, 2023--The First Bancshares, Inc. ("FBMS" or "the Company") (NASDAQ: FBMS), holding company for The First Bank, (www.thefirstbank.com) reported today financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2023.
FBMS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|