First Bancorp (FBNC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FBNC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where FBNC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.95% of US stocks.
- FBNC's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- FBNC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
FBNC Stock Summary
- FBNC's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 482.74 -- higher than 95.13% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- FIRST BANCORP's stock had its IPO on December 9, 1992, making it an older stock than 80.95% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 9.27 for FIRST BANCORP; that's greater than it is for 89.82% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to FIRST BANCORP, a group of peers worth examining would be TCBK, STBA, INDB, EFSC, and SYBT.
- Visit FBNC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.localfirstbank.com.
FBNC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FBNC's price/sales ratio is 263.64% higher, now standing at 4.
- Over the past 243 months, FBNC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 2.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FBNC.
FBNC Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 11.57%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 180.98%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 50.33%.
The table below shows FBNC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FBNC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FBNC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.19% of graded US stocks.
- FBNC's asset turnover comes in at 0.039 -- ranking 190th of 431 Banking stocks.
- EWBC, BANR, and HTLF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FBNC.
The table below shows FBNC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FBNC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FBNC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.21||52-week high||$50.92|
|Prev. close||$37.73||52-week low||$32.90|
|Day high||$38.30||Avg. volume||155,323|
|50-day MA||$37.35||Dividend yield||2.33%|
|200-day MA||$39.75||Market Cap||1.36B|
First Bancorp (FBNC) Company Bio
First Bancorp provides various banking products and services for individuals and small to medium-sized businesses primarily in North Carolina, southwestern Virginia, and northeastern South Carolina. The company was founded in 1934 and is based in Southern Pines, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
FBNC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FBNC Latest Social Stream
View Full FBNC Social Stream
Latest FBNC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST BANCORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FBNC as an investment opportunity.
First Bancorp ( NASDAQ:FBNC ) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in 4 days. The ex-dividend date is one business day...
The Board of Directors of First Bancorp (NASDAQ - FBNC), the parent company of First Bank, has declared a cash dividend on its common stock of $0.22 per share payable on October 25, 2022 to shareholders of record as of September 30, 2022. The $0.22 dividend rate represents a 10% increase over the dividend rate of $0.20 paid in the comparable period of 2021.
As a part of its 2022 Project Launch initiative, First Bank announces the creation of the First Bank Book Club. Through the First Bank Book Club, public elementary and middle schools throughout North and South Carolina will receive visits from award-winning children's authors for a day of fun, discussion, and literacy.
First Bank announces the creation of the "Out of This World Educator Awards" as a part of its 2022 Project Launch initiative. Designed to celebrate and honor those educators that go above and beyond to stimulate, drive, and inspire student success in the Carolinas, nominations will be accepted beginning August 15, 2022 and go through September 18, 2022.
First Bancorp (the "Company") (NASDAQ - FBNC), the parent company of First Bank, announced today net income of $36.6 million, or $1.03 per diluted common share, for the three months ended June 30, 2022, compared to $34.0 million, or $0.95 per diluted common share for the first quarter of 2022 and $29.3 million, or $1.03 per diluted common share, recorded in the second quarter of 2021. For the six months ended June 30, 2022, the Company recorded net income of $70.6 million, or $1.98 per diluted c
FBNC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|