First Bancorp (FBNC): Price and Financial Metrics
FBNC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.32||52-week high||$49.00|
|Prev. close||$27.41||52-week low||$26.25|
|Day high||$27.36||Avg. volume||201,201|
|50-day MA||$31.01||Dividend yield||3.17%|
|200-day MA||$35.13||Market Cap||1.12B|
FBNC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FBNC POWR Grades
- FBNC scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 67.38% of US stocks.
- FBNC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- FBNC's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 15.28% of US stocks).
FBNC Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 9.87 for FIRST BANCORP; that's greater than it is for 89.39% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 470.84%, FIRST BANCORP's debt growth rate surpasses 97.31% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for FBNC comes in at -30.14% -- higher than that of only 14.6% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FIRST BANCORP are STBA, POAI, FHB, RVSB, and LARK.
- FBNC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FIRST BANCORP's official web site, go to www.localfirstbank.com.
FBNC Valuation Summary
- FBNC's price/sales ratio is 3.1; this is 210% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- FBNC's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FBNC.
FBNC Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 180.98%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 69.41%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -17.01%.
The table below shows FBNC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FBNC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FBNC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.19% of graded US stocks.
- FBNC's asset turnover comes in at 0.039 -- ranking 190th of 431 Banking stocks.
- EWBC, BANR, and HTLF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FBNC.
The table below shows FBNC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
First Bancorp (FBNC) Company Bio
First Bancorp provides various banking products and services for individuals and small to medium-sized businesses primarily in North Carolina, southwestern Virginia, and northeastern South Carolina. The company was founded in 1934 and is based in Southern Pines, North Carolina.
FBNC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FBNC Latest Social Stream
View Full FBNC Social Stream
Latest FBNC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST BANCORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FBNC as an investment opportunity.
For the second year First Bank is honoring "Out of this World Educators" in the Carolinas. Nominations are now open and anyone can nominate an outstanding educator they feel should be honored. The winners selected will receive $5,000 each and will be celebrated in a ceremony on October 12, 2023 in Southern Pines, NC.
By buying an index fund, you can roughly match the market return with ease. But if you choose individual stocks with...
The Board of Directors of First Bancorp (NASDAQ: FBNC) (the "Company"), the parent company of First Bank, has declared a cash dividend on its common stock of $0.22 per share payable on July 25, 2023 to shareholders of record as of June 30, 2023.
First Bank has ranked #1 as a BEST Employer in the Extra Large (330+) Employer category in Business NC Magazine. The nod, announced in the June issue, features 50+ employers (categorized by number of employees) in the state who were selected for the designation out of hundreds of nominations. To win the award, the company's employees were surveyed based on questions about organizational health, leadership, engagement, work-life balance, pay, training, benefits and corporate social responsibility
Institutional owners may take dramatic actions as First Bancorp's (NASDAQ:FBNC) recent 6.2% drop adds to one-year losses
Key Insights Significantly high institutional ownership implies First Bancorp's stock price is sensitive to their...
FBNC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|