FuelCell Energy, Inc. (FCEL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FCEL POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where FCEL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.58% of US stocks.
- FCEL's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- FCEL ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
FCEL Stock Summary
- FCEL's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 716.24 -- higher than 95.88% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a price/sales ratio of 45.01, Fuelcell Energy Inc has a higher such ratio than 94.98% of stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Fuelcell Energy Inc's share price is greater than that of 94.21% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FCEL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AQST, AGE, PAR, JAGX, and ESTA.
- FCEL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Fuelcell Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.fuelcellenergy.com.
FCEL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, FCEL's EV/EBIT ratio is 201.14% lower, now standing at -22.1.
- Over the past 243 months, FCEL's price/sales ratio has gone up 13.8.
- Over the past 243 months, FCEL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 7.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FCEL.
FCEL Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -151.17%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -82.94%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -100.21%.
The table below shows FCEL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FCEL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FCEL has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 1.3% of graded US stocks.
- FCEL's asset turnover comes in at 0.117 -- ranking 39th of 53 Electrical Equipment stocks.
- BLDP, SCWO, and SPB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FCEL.
The table below shows FCEL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FCEL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FCEL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.68||52-week high||$29.44|
|Prev. close||$8.92||52-week low||$5.34|
|Day high||$9.07||Avg. volume||30,879,816|
|50-day MA||$8.25||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$9.44||Market Cap||3.18B|
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (FCEL) Company Bio
FuelCell Energy, Inc. manufactures, sells, installs, operates, and services stationary fuel cell power plants for distributed power generation. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Danbury, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
FCEL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FCEL Latest Social Stream
View Full FCEL Social Stream
Latest FCEL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Fuelcell Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FCEL as an investment opportunity.
Plug Power, a maker of hydrogen fuel cells, gets a price target boost from Morgan Stanley. Is PLUG stock a buy right now?
FCEL stock is getting a lot of attention as a clean energy equity to consider on broader tailwinds.
FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ: FCEL) shares zoomed this week, soaring 24.4% in the week as of 3:30 p.m. EST Friday, according to data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. There was no company-specific news or developments, so why did the fuel-cell stock gain so much in value? FuelCell Energy shares rallied the most the very first day of the week, even hugely outperforming peers, when the passage of a much-awaited $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill sent investors in clean energy stocks into a tizzy.
Shares of clean energy and EV charging companies, including FuelCell Energy Inc (NASDAQ: FCEL) are trading higher following the recent Rivian IPO as well as recent House passage of a US infrastructure bill, which contains $7.5 billion of funding to create a nationwide network of EV charging stations. Investors also weighed US President Biden's recent speech at the COP26 climate summit, in which he addressed climate change goals. See Also: Fisker Stock Breaks Out And Keeps Heading Higher FuelCell
Plug Power (NASDAQ: PLUG) stock took fuel cell investors on a wild ride yesterday, first sagging, then surging, but ultimately ending below where it started the day. The reason: Plug had just reported a $0.19-per-share loss for its fiscal third quarter -- a loss more than twice as large as what Wall Street had told investors to expect. Today, Plug stock is rebounding strongly and rising a solid 9% as of 12:10 p.m. EST.
FCEL Price Returns