FirstEnergy Corp. (FE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FE POWR Grades
- FE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.75% of US stocks.
- FE's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- FE ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
FE Stock Summary
- FE's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 380.98 -- higher than 93.63% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of FIRSTENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.55% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For FE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.09% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FIRSTENERGY CORP are AWK, FLNG, WTRG, TRP, and ILPT.
- Visit FE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.firstenergycorp.com.
FE Valuation Summary
- FE's price/sales ratio is 1.9; this is 26.92% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- FE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FE.
FE Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 5.44%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 37.34%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 11.83%.
The table below shows FE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 37.42% of graded US stocks.
- FE's asset turnover comes in at 0.249 -- ranking 37th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AQN, AWK, and AVA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FE.
The table below shows FE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.57||52-week high||$48.85|
|Prev. close||$41.33||52-week low||$35.32|
|Day high||$41.67||Avg. volume||3,982,599|
|50-day MA||$38.07||Dividend yield||3.77%|
|200-day MA||$40.71||Market Cap||23.77B|
FirstEnergy Corp. (FE) Company Bio
FirstEnergy Corp is an electric utility headquartered in Akron, Ohio. It was established when Ohio Edison acquired Centerior Energy in 1997. Its subsidiaries and affiliates are involved in the distribution, transmission, and generation of electricity, as well as energy management and other energy-related services. Its ten electric utility operating companies comprise one of the United States' largest investor-owned utilities, based on serving 6 million customers within a 65,000-square-mile (170,000 km2) area of Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey and New York. Its generation subsidiaries control more than 16,000 megawatts of capacity, and its distribution lines span over 194,000 miles. In 2018, FirstEnergy ranked 219 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest public corporations in the United States by revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
FE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FE Latest Social Stream
View Full FE Social Stream
Latest FE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRSTENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FE as an investment opportunity.
Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L), a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), has completed inspections and equipment maintenance across its 3,200-square-mile service area to enhance service reliability for customers ahead of the cold winter months.
Penelec Completes Inspections and Maintenance to Enhance Electric Service Reliability Through Winter Season
With winter weather right around the corner, Penelec, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), is completing equipment inspections and maintenance to help keep power flowing to customers to keep them safe and comfortable during the chilly months ahead.
Penn Power Completes Inspections and Maintenance to Help Enhance Service Reliability for Customers Through Winter Season
With the cold-weather months expected to produce higher electric use, FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) electric company Penn Power recently completed inspections and equipment maintenance to help enhance service reliability for customers while they rely on power to stay warm, safe and comfortable.
FirstEnergy's Ohio Utilities Complete Pre-Winter Inspections, Maintenance and Grid Modernization Work to Keep Power Flowing Safely and Reliably
With the cold-weather months expected to produce higher electric use, FirstEnergy Corp.'s (NYSE: FE) Ohio utilities – Ohio Edison, The Illuminating Company and Toledo Edison – recently completed inspections and conducted equipment maintenance to help enhance service reliability for customers when temperatures fall. The companies also are collectively wrapping up more than $500 million in smart grid enhancements in their service areas that began in 2020 under the initial Grid Modernization plan,
Met-Ed Completes Inspections and Maintenance to Enhance Electric Service Reliability Through Winter Season
With winter weather right around the corner, Met-Ed, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), is completing equipment inspections and maintenance to help keep power flowing to customers to keep them safe and comfortable during the chilly months ahead.
FE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|