FirstEnergy Corp. (FE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FE POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where FE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 60.94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FE is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 51 weeks.
- FE's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 15.64% of US stocks).
FE Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $19,873,951,623, Firstenergy Corp has a greater market value than 87.27% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Firstenergy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.4% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For FE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.75% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Firstenergy Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be AWK, WTRG, ARTNA, DHC, and MTN.
- FE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Firstenergy Corp's official web site, go to www.firstenergycorp.com.
FE Valuation Summary
- FE's price/earnings ratio is 19.7; this is 12.44% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- FE's price/earnings ratio has moved up 6.6 over the prior 243 months.
- FE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FE.
FE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -38.13%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -24.25%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -45.84%.
The table below shows FE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.42% of graded US stocks.
- FE's asset turnover comes in at 0.248 -- ranking 37th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AQN, MGEE, and AWK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FE.
The table below shows FE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.62||52-week high||$39.94|
|Prev. close||$36.52||52-week low||$26.17|
|Day high||$36.73||Avg. volume||3,634,677|
|50-day MA||$37.58||Dividend yield||4.26%|
|200-day MA||$35.96||Market Cap||19.93B|
FirstEnergy Corp. (FE) Company Bio
FirstEnergy Corporation generates, transmits, and distributes electricity in Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York. It owns and operates fossil, coal-fired, nuclear, oil and natural gas, wind and solar power, and hydroelectric generating facilities. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Akron, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
FE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FE Latest Social Stream
View Full FE Social Stream
Latest FE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Firstenergy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FE as an investment opportunity.
Jersey Central Power and Light (JCP&L), a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), has named three new external affairs consultants to serve as liaisons with elected officials and to support local community involvement activities.
FAIRMONT, W.Va., Oct. 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Mon Power, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), has completed a series of improvements to its distribution system that are designed to reduce service interruptions for approximately 4,580 customers. Completed this year, the projects
Helicopters, Infrared Technology Used to Complete Proactive Inspections of High-Voltage Power Lines in Western Pennsylvania
To keep power flowing safely and reliably for Penn Power and West Penn Power customers through the upcoming winter months, proactive aerial inspections were recently completed along nearly 1,000 miles of 345-kilovolt (kV) transmission lines in the greater Pittsburgh area using infrared and ultraviolet (IR/UV) technology.
Potomac Edison, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), has installed new interior fencing at a Frederick County substation to help deter climbing animals and protect against electrical equipment interference that can cause power outages.
The Insider Monkey team has completed processing the quarterly 13F filings for the June quarter submitted by the hedge funds and other money managers included in our extensive database. Most hedge fund investors experienced strong gains on the back of a strong market performance, which certainly propelled them to adjust their equity holdings so as […]
FE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|