FirstEnergy Corp. (FE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FE POWR Grades
- FE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 75.59% of US stocks.
- FE's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- FE's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 15.7% of US stocks).
FE Stock Summary
- FE has a market capitalization of $25,927,855,924 -- more than approximately 89.89% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Firstenergy Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Firstenergy Corp is higher than it is for about 94.28% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AWK, AES, BEPC, OKE, and CMS.
- FE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Firstenergy Corp's official web site, go to www.firstenergycorp.com.
FE Valuation Summary
- FE's price/earnings ratio is 19.7; this is 12.44% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- FE's price/earnings ratio has moved up 6.6 over the prior 243 months.
- FE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FE.
FE Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -38.13%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -45.84%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 43.84%.
The table below shows FE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 37.42% of graded US stocks.
- FE's asset turnover comes in at 0.249 -- ranking 37th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AQN, AWK, and AVA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FE.
The table below shows FE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.37||52-week high||$48.85|
|Prev. close||$42.02||52-week low||$35.42|
|Day high||$42.57||Avg. volume||4,288,790|
|50-day MA||$44.68||Dividend yield||3.71%|
|200-day MA||$40.70||Market Cap||24.19B|
FirstEnergy Corp. (FE) Company Bio
FirstEnergy Corp is an electric utility headquartered in Akron, Ohio. It was established when Ohio Edison acquired Centerior Energy in 1997. Its subsidiaries and affiliates are involved in the distribution, transmission, and generation of electricity, as well as energy management and other energy-related services. Its ten electric utility operating companies comprise one of the United States' largest investor-owned utilities, based on serving 6 million customers within a 65,000-square-mile (170,000 km2) area of Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey and New York. Its generation subsidiaries control more than 16,000 megawatts of capacity, and its distribution lines span over 194,000 miles. In 2018, FirstEnergy ranked 219 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest public corporations in the United States by revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
FE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FE Latest Social Stream
View Full FE Social Stream
Latest FE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Firstenergy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FE as an investment opportunity.
FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) utility personnel are prepared to respond to possible service interruptions caused by a winter storm that is expected to bring ice, snow, rain and wind to its service territory Thursday evening through Friday morning.
A Northeast Ohio federal judge is questioning the proposed shareholders lawsuit settlement with FirstEnergy that could give the Akron utility as much as $180 million in an insurance payout tied to the House Bill 6 scandal. U.S. District Court Judge John Adams says the utility and others first need to answer numerous questions he has about the proposed… The post Settlement questioned appeared first on InsuranceNewsNet .
A bizarre battle between two Ohio federal judges over control of shareholder derivative litigation has snarled a $180 million settlement with board members of Ohio utility company FirstEnergy Corp.
FirstEnergy Corp. with ticker code (FE) have now 14 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 49 and 41 with the average target price sitting at 44.75. With the stocks previous close at 40.74 this indicates there is a potential upside of 9.8%. The day 50 moving average is 40.97 and the 200 moving average now moves to 38.65. The company has a market cap of $23,091m. Company Website: https://www.firstenergycorp.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="FE" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] The potential market cap would be $25,364m based on the market concensus. FirstEnergy Corp., through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, and distributes electricity in the United States. The company ...
Jersey Central Power and Light (JCP&L), a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), has named Amy Overman to the role of external affairs consultant to serve as a liaison with elected officials and support local community involvement activities. She will work out of JCP&L's Washington facility, serving all or parts of Hunterdon and Warren counties.
FE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|