FirstEnergy Corp. (FE): Price and Financial Metrics
FE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.45||52-week high||$43.31|
|Prev. close||$37.05||52-week low||$32.18|
|Day high||$37.48||Avg. volume||3,667,239|
|50-day MA||$35.89||Dividend yield||4.39%|
|200-day MA||$37.84||Market Cap||21.49B|
FE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FE POWR Grades
- FE scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 75.5% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FE is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- FE's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 21.15% of US stocks).
FE Stock Summary
- FIRSTENERGY CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.02% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of FIRSTENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.17% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For FE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.12% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to FIRSTENERGY CORP are ROIC, ENLC, MMLP, D, and LTC.
- FE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FIRSTENERGY CORP's official web site, go to www.firstenergycorp.com.
FE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, FE's price/earnings ratio is 119.15% higher, now standing at 41.2.
- Over the past 243 months, FE's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FE.
FE Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 24.91%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 4.92%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 11.83%.
The table below shows FE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 37.42% of graded US stocks.
- FE's asset turnover comes in at 0.249 -- ranking 37th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- AQN, AWK, and AVA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FE.
The table below shows FE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FirstEnergy Corp. (FE) Company Bio
FirstEnergy Corp is an electric utility headquartered in Akron, Ohio. It was established when Ohio Edison acquired Centerior Energy in 1997. Its subsidiaries and affiliates are involved in the distribution, transmission, and generation of electricity, as well as energy management and other energy-related services. Its ten electric utility operating companies comprise one of the United States' largest investor-owned utilities, based on serving 6 million customers within a 65,000-square-mile (170,000 km2) area of Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey and New York. Its generation subsidiaries control more than 16,000 megawatts of capacity, and its distribution lines span over 194,000 miles. In 2018, FirstEnergy ranked 219 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest public corporations in the United States by revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
FE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FE Latest Social Stream
View Full FE Social Stream
Latest FE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRSTENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FE as an investment opportunity.
FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) subsidiary Jersey Central Power and Light (JCP&L) has filed for an expansion of its energy efficiency programs with the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities (BPU). The $964.2 million, two-and-a-half-year portfolio of programs would begin on Jan. 1, 2025, and is designed to achieve the electricity savings required by the New Jersey Clean Energy Act of 2018 and the BPU.
Mon Power and Potomac Edison, subsidiaries of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), have filed settlement agreements with the West Virginia Public Service Commission (PSC) that would resolve two outstanding rate proceedings and emphasize the companies' continued focus on delivering safe, reliable and affordable power.
Ohio’s former top utility regulator pleaded not guilty to charges announced Monday in connection with a $60 million bribery scheme related to a legislative bailout for two Ohio nuclear power plants that has already resulted in a 20-year prison sentence for a former state House speaker. Sam Randazzo, former chair of the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio, faces an 11-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury Nov. 29 centered on allegations that he accepted bribes from Akron-based FirstEnergy Corp. in exchange for regulatory favors, U.S. Attorney Kenneth L. Parker's office announced.
Key Insights Institutions' substantial holdings in FirstEnergy implies that they have significant influence over the...
DTE Energy (DTE) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
FE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|