First Horizon National Corporation (FHN): Price and Financial Metrics
FHN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.13||52-week high||$24.92|
|Prev. close||$10.83||52-week low||$8.99|
|Day high||$11.28||Avg. volume||10,114,757|
|50-day MA||$14.44||Dividend yield||5.74%|
|200-day MA||$21.16||Market Cap||5.99B|
FHN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FHN POWR Grades
- FHN scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 75.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FHN is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- FHN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 2.62% of US stocks).
FHN Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.47, FIRST HORIZON CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 5.47% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 144.38%, FIRST HORIZON CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 90.75% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for FHN comes in at -56.6% -- higher than that of only 9.51% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to FIRST HORIZON CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be PWOD, WTFC, CALB, SF, and EEFT.
- FHN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit FIRST HORIZON CORP's official web site, go to www.firsthorizon.com.
FHN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FHN's EV/EBIT ratio is 23.15% lower, now standing at 8.3.
- Over the past 243 months, FHN's price/earnings ratio has gone down 7.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FHN.
FHN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 166%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 153.6%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 145.9%.
The table below shows FHN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FHN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FHN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.9% of graded US stocks.
- FHN's asset turnover comes in at 0.043 -- ranking 129th of 428 Banking stocks.
- TBBK, OFG, and CHMG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FHN.
The table below shows FHN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FHN Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of FHN, see our FHN price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$19.50||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
First Horizon National Corporation (FHN) Company Bio
First Horizon National offers general banking services for consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments in Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina, and Florida. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Memphis, Tennessee.
FHN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FHN Latest Social Stream
View Full FHN Social Stream
Latest FHN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST HORIZON CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FHN as an investment opportunity.
First Horizon to Host Investor Day on Tuesday, June 6, 2023
First Horizon Corporation (NYSE: FHN or the "Company") will host an Investor Day in Nashville, Tennessee on Tuesday, June 6, 2023, with presentations by members of the executive leadership team.
TD Bank reports second-quarter income miss and issues medium-term profit warning
Investing.com -- TD Bank (NYSE:TD) (TSX:TD) reported a decline in second-quarter income that missed expectations and warned that it does not expect to meet its previously outlined earnings target, as Canada's second-largest lender was hit by broader economic pressures and a terminated tie-up with First Horizon (NYSE:FHN).
Why Shares of Toronto-Dominion Bank Are Down Today
Shares of the large Canadian lender Toronto-Dominion Bank (NYSE: TD) traded roughly 2.4% lower today in the final hour of trading as the bank gears up to report its earnings results for its second fiscal quarter of 2023 tomorrow morning. TD has also recently been sued over its failed acquisition of First Horizon (NYSE: FHN). Canadian banks are currently in their earnings season, and both Bank of Montreal and Bank of Nova Scotia reported earnings results today that came in weaker than expected.
Why First Horizon Stock Rose 13.7% This Week
First Horizon (NYSE: FHN) saw its stock price rise 13.7% this week, as of Friday's opening bell, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence. The stock remains down about 55% year to date as of Friday morning's open, trading at $11 per share. The markets were up this week, as the S&P 500 gained 1.8%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, and the Nasdaq Composite surged 3.3% as of Friday at 9:30 a.m. ET.
First Horizon Earns Double Honor from Parity.Org
First Horizon Corp. (NYSE: FHN or "First Horizon") today announced it has been named to both the 2023 Parity.Org Best Companies for Women to Advance™ list and to the first-ever Parity.Org Best Companies for People of Color to Advance™ list. First Horizon is one of just 18 companies to earn a spot on both honor rolls.
FHN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching FHNWant to do more research on First Horizon National Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
First Horizon National Corp (FHN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
First Horizon National Corp (FHN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
First Horizon National Corp (FHN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...