Franchise Group, Inc. (FRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FRG POWR Grades
- FRG scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 85.26% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FRG is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 106 days.
- FRG ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 39th percentile.
FRG Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for FRG is 4.71 -- better than 92.11% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 2.75, Franchise Group Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 13.19% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Franchise Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.93% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Franchise Group Inc are ALTG, CMLS, CIR, GT, and TILE.
- FRG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Franchise Group Inc's official web site, go to www.franchisegrp.com.
FRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.79||52-week high||$41.50|
|Prev. close||$35.95||52-week low||$13.17|
|Day high||$36.89||Avg. volume||154,208|
|50-day MA||$37.22||Dividend yield||4.17%|
|200-day MA||$30.59||Market Cap||1.48B|
Franchise Group, Inc. (FRG) Company Bio
Franchise Group, Inc. operates as a retailer, franchisor operator, and acquirer of franchised and franchisable businesses. It operates through 4 segments: Liberty Tax, Buddy's, Sears Outlet, and Vitamin Shoppe. The company provides tax preparation services in the United States and Canada; and franchises and operates rent-to-own stores that lease durable goods, such as electronics, residential furniture, appliances, and household accessories to customers. It also operates as a retailer primarily focuses on providing customers with in-store and online access to purchase new, one-of-a kind, out-of-box, discontinued, obsolete, used, reconditioned, overstocked, and scratched and dented products in various merchandise categories, including home appliances, mattresses, furniture, and lawn and garden equipment, at prices that are lower than list prices; and specialty retailer of vitamins, minerals, herbs, specialty supplements, sports nutrition, and other health and wellness products. The company was formerly known as Liberty Tax, Inc., and changed its name to Franchise Group, Inc. in September 2019. Franchise Group, Inc. was incorporated in 2010 and is based in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
FRG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for FRG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Franchise Group Inc ranked in the 84th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for FRG, they are:
- In the past 5.52 years, Franchise Group Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.52%; that's better than 80.68% of cash flow producing equities in the Consumer Cyclical sector, where it is classified.
- 55% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 19.47% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Franchise Group Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than just 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FRG Latest Social Stream
View Full FRG Social Stream
Latest FRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Franchise Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FRG as an investment opportunity.
P/B ratio is emerging as a convenient tool to identify low-priced stocks that have high-growth prospects.
While some investors are already well versed in financial metrics (hat tip), this article is for those who would like...
Franchise Group (FRG) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 3.45% and -5.23%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
INCREASES ANNUAL GUIDANCE ORLANDO, Fla., May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Franchise Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: FRG) (“Franchise Group” or the “Company”) today announced the financial results of its fiscal 2021 first quarter. For the first quarter of fiscal 2021, total reported revenue for Franchise Group was $621.3 million, net loss from continuing operations was $(28.3) million or $(0.76) per share, Adjusted EBITDA was $79.2 million and Non-GAAP EPS was $0.90 per share. As previously disclosed, on February 21, 2021, the Company entered into a purchase agreement whereby Liberty Tax is expected to become part of NextPoint Acquisition Corp.’s diversified financial services platform and as such the financial position and results of operations of the Company's Liberty Tax segment are presented as...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 6, 2021 / Franchise Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:FRG) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 6, 2021 at 4:30 PM Eastern Time.
FRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|