Franchise Group, Inc. (FRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FRG POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where FRG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FRG is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 115 days.
- FRG's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 45.94% of US stocks).
FRG Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for FRG is 4.71 -- better than 91.94% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Franchise Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.66, Franchise Group Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 12.18% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Franchise Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ALTG, ARNC, HRTG, AIRT, and CWK.
- FRG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Franchise Group Inc's official web site, go to www.franchisegrp.com.
FRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.27||52-week high||$41.50|
|Prev. close||$36.04||52-week low||$19.50|
|Day high||$36.00||Avg. volume||161,522|
|50-day MA||$36.89||Dividend yield||4.25%|
|200-day MA||$31.91||Market Cap||1.42B|
Franchise Group, Inc. (FRG) Company Bio
Franchise Group, Inc. operates as a retailer, franchisor operator, and acquirer of franchised and franchisable businesses. It operates through 4 segments: Liberty Tax, Buddy's, Sears Outlet, and Vitamin Shoppe. The company provides tax preparation services in the United States and Canada; and franchises and operates rent-to-own stores that lease durable goods, such as electronics, residential furniture, appliances, and household accessories to customers. It also operates as a retailer primarily focuses on providing customers with in-store and online access to purchase new, one-of-a kind, out-of-box, discontinued, obsolete, used, reconditioned, overstocked, and scratched and dented products in various merchandise categories, including home appliances, mattresses, furniture, and lawn and garden equipment, at prices that are lower than list prices; and specialty retailer of vitamins, minerals, herbs, specialty supplements, sports nutrition, and other health and wellness products. The company was formerly known as Liberty Tax, Inc., and changed its name to Franchise Group, Inc. in September 2019. Franchise Group, Inc. was incorporated in 2010 and is based in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
FRG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for FRG, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Franchise Group Inc ranked in the 74th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Franchise Group Inc, consider:
- 43% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 11.18% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Franchise Group Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Franchise Group Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 87.72% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
FRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FRG Latest Social Stream
View Full FRG Social Stream
Latest FRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Franchise Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FRG as an investment opportunity.
Tone It Up, the For-Women By-Women Nutrition Line, Fitness App, and Community, Arrives at The Vitamin Shoppe® Nationwide
Tone It Up, the for-women by-women fitness app, nutrition line, & community, announced today a nationwide partnership with The Vitamin Shoppe®. The nutritional supplement retailer will carry Tone It Up's extensive line of high-quality, plant-based protein powders, bars, cookies, and ready-to-drink shakes, all of which are non-GMO, dairy-free, gluten-free, and free from sugar alcohols and artificial ingredients to help women feel and perform their best.
The Vitamin Shoppe® Partners with IRONMAN to Become the Official Supplement Retailer of the IRONMAN® U.S. Series
The Vitamin Shoppe®, an omni-channel specialty retailer of nutritional products, today announced an agreement to become the Official Supplement Retail Partner of the IRONMAN® U.S. Series. This partnership brings together two innovative leaders in health and fitness to provide nutritional support, trusted products, and expert education to the thousands of dedicated endurance triathletes who participate in IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3® events in the U.S. each year.
The franchising model seeks to capitalize on America's heightened interest in health and well-being and the values in the real estate market.
The Vitamin Shoppe, an omni-channel specialty retailer of nutritional products, today announced the launch of an innovative franchising model for independent operators to open The Vitamin Shoppe stores in their own communities around the United States. This is the first time in its 44-year history that The Vitamin Shoppe will partner with business owners to operate franchise stores.
If you are looking for a fast-growing stock that is still seeing plenty of opportunities on the horizon, make sure to consider Franchise Group (FRG).
FRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|