Franchise Group, Inc. (FRG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FRG POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where FRG ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 64.13% of US stocks.
- FRG's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- FRG ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
FRG Stock Summary
- FRANCHISE GROUP INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.28% of US listed stocks.
- FRG's price/sales ratio is 0.24; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 6.61% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for FRG comes in at -41.12% -- higher than that of merely 12.66% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to FRANCHISE GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be JELD, ABG, IVC, BXC, and GT.
- Visit FRG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.franchisegrp.com.
FRG Valuation Summary
- FRG's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 88.89% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- FRG's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.6 over the prior 127 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FRG.
FRG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FRG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.97% of graded US stocks.
- FRG's asset turnover comes in at 1.066 -- ranking 13th of 443 Trading stocks.
- AC, CUBE, and PEAK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FRG.
The table below shows FRG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FRG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FRG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.87||52-week high||$55.10|
|Prev. close||$26.29||52-week low||$22.93|
|Day high||$26.18||Avg. volume||420,102|
|50-day MA||$26.50||Dividend yield||9.51%|
|200-day MA||$34.59||Market Cap||988.39M|
Franchise Group, Inc. (FRG) Company Bio
Franchise Group, Inc. operates as a retailer, franchisor operator, and acquirer of franchised and franchisable businesses. It operates through 4 segments: Liberty Tax, Buddy's, Sears Outlet, and Vitamin Shoppe. The company provides tax preparation services in the United States and Canada; and franchises and operates rent-to-own stores that lease durable goods, such as electronics, residential furniture, appliances, and household accessories to customers. It also operates as a retailer primarily focuses on providing customers with in-store and online access to purchase new, one-of-a kind, out-of-box, discontinued, obsolete, used, reconditioned, overstocked, and scratched and dented products in various merchandise categories, including home appliances, mattresses, furniture, and lawn and garden equipment, at prices that are lower than list prices; and specialty retailer of vitamins, minerals, herbs, specialty supplements, sports nutrition, and other health and wellness products. The company was formerly known as Liberty Tax, Inc., and changed its name to Franchise Group, Inc. in September 2019. Franchise Group, Inc. was incorporated in 2010 and is based in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
FRG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FRG Latest Social Stream
View Full FRG Social Stream
Latest FRG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FRANCHISE GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FRG as an investment opportunity.
Pet Supplies Plus, a subsidiary of Franchise Group Inc (NASDAQ: FRG), said their largest multi-unit operator, US Retail Holdings, signed a deal to purchase 29 Wag' N Wash stores. The financial details were not disclosed. This agreement follows their previous development announcement to open 20 additional Pet Supplies Plus stores over the next five years. Over the next four years, most Wag N' Wash stores will be opened across Nashville and Dallas. US Retail Holdings' business partners include Aar
Pet Supplies Plus, the largest independent pet retailer in North America with over 640 stores in 40 states, announced today that their largest multi-unit operator, US Retail Holdings, signed a deal to purchase 29 Wag 'N Wash stores. This agreement follows their previous development announcement to open 20 additional Pet Supplies Plus stores over the next five years.
There wouldn't be many who think Franchise Group, Inc.'s ( NASDAQ:FRG ) price-to-earnings (or "P/E") ratio of 13x is...
DELAWARE, Ohio, Nov. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Franchise Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: FRG) (“Franchise Group” or the “Company”) today announced that it will participate in small group meetings at the following investor conferences: November 15, 2022 - Stephens Annual Investment Conference in Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2022 – Morgan Stanley Global Consumer & Retail Conference in New York, NY About Franchise Group, Inc.Franchise Group is an owner and operator of franchised and franchisable businesses tha
Investing in value stocks with compelling dividend yields gives you multiple ways to win with your investments.
FRG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|