First Merchants Corporation (FRME): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
FRME POWR Grades
- FRME scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 82.01% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for FRME is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- FRME's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 15.46% of US stocks).
FRME Stock Summary
- FRME's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 88.34% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 84.59%, FIRST MERCHANTS CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 86.6% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, FRME is more volatile than just 8.6% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to FRME, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GSBC, CTBI, UBSI, FMAO, and WSFS.
- Visit FRME's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.firstmerchants.com.
FRME Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, FRME's price/sales ratio is 44.83% higher, now standing at 4.2.
- Over the past 243 months, FRME's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 0.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for FRME.
FRME Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 47.15%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 4.56%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 109.07%.
The table below shows FRME's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
FRME's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- FRME has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 32.77% of graded US stocks.
- FRME's asset turnover comes in at 0.034 -- ranking 308th of 430 Banking stocks.
- HTLF, EWBC, and FNB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with FRME.
The table below shows FRME's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
FRME Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
FRME Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.87||52-week high||$45.04|
|Prev. close||$40.77||52-week low||$34.07|
|Day high||$41.07||Avg. volume||155,779|
|50-day MA||$41.53||Dividend yield||3.14%|
|200-day MA||$40.51||Market Cap||2.43B|
First Merchants Corporation (FRME) Company Bio
First Merchants Corporation provides community banking services in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio counties. The company was founded in 1893 and is headquartered in Muncie, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
FRME Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
FRME Latest Social Stream
View Full FRME Social Stream
Latest FRME News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about FIRST MERCHANTS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate FRME as an investment opportunity.
First Merchants Corporation (NASDAQ:FRME) is largely controlled by institutional shareholders who own 74% of the company
To get a sense of who is truly in control of First Merchants Corporation ( NASDAQ:FRME ), it is important to understand...
MUNCIE, Ind., Jan. 20, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Merchants Corporation has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $46.88 per share on its 7.50% Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock Series A, represented by depositary shares (NASDAQ: FRMEP) each representing a 1/100th interest in a share of the Series A preferred stock. Holders of depositary shares will receive $0.4688 per depositary share. The dividend will be payable on February 15, 2023, to stockholders of record on January 31, 2023. A
First Merchants Corporation to Report Fourth Quarter 2022 Financial Results, Host Conference Call and Webcast
MUNCIE, Ind., Jan. 05, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Merchants Corporation (Nasdaq:FRME) will report fourth quarter 2022 financial results on January 26, 2023. The Corporation will host a fourth quarter 2022 earnings conference call and webcast at 10:30 a.m. (ET) on Thursday, January 26, 2023. To access via phone, participants will need to register using the following link where they will be provided a phone number and access code: (https://register.vevent.com/register/BI6fcecfffac4e446dae35bea
First Merchants (FRME) could be a solid choice for shorter-term investors looking to capitalize on the recent price trend in fundamentally sound stocks. It is one of the many stocks that passed through our shorter-term trading strategy-based screen.
Last week, our time-tested methodologies served investors well in navigating the market. Check out some of our achievements from the past three months.
FRME Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|