Golub Capital BDC, Inc. (GBDC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GBDC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where GBDC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GBDC is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- GBDC's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 3.58% of US stocks).
GBDC Stock Summary
- For GBDC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 99.71% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GBDC is more volatile than just 12.15% of stocks we're observing.
- GOLUB CAPITAL BDC INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -40.98%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 13.6% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GBDC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GSBD, NGG, FSK, PNNT, and NMFC.
- Visit GBDC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.golubcapitalbdc.com.
GBDC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, GBDC's price/earnings ratio is 3.85% lower, now standing at 10.
- Over the past 151 months, GBDC's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GBDC.
GBDC Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -37.08%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 34.55%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -14084.63%.
The table below shows GBDC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GBDC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GBDC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.46% of graded US stocks.
- GBDC's asset turnover comes in at 0.064 -- ranking 287th of 444 Trading stocks.
- NXRT, CLI, and MORN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GBDC.
The table below shows GBDC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GBDC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GBDC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.39||52-week high||$16.23|
|Prev. close||$12.24||52-week low||$11.94|
|Day high||$12.63||Avg. volume||847,118|
|50-day MA||$13.64||Dividend yield||9.69%|
|200-day MA||$14.50||Market Cap||2.12B|
Golub Capital BDC, Inc. (GBDC) Company Bio
Golub Capital BDC, Inc. is a business development company and operates as an externally managed closed-end non-diversified management investment company. It invests in debt and minority equity investments in middle-market companies that are, in most cases, sponsored by private equity investors. The company seeks to invest in the United States. It primarily invests in senior secured, one stop, unitranche, second lien, subordinated and mezzanine loans of middle-market companies, and warrants. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in New York City, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
GBDC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GBDC Latest Social Stream
View Full GBDC Social Stream
Latest GBDC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GOLUB CAPITAL BDC INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GBDC as an investment opportunity.
Don’t Fight the Fed” was chapter 4 in investing legend Martin Zweig’s landmark book Winning on Wall Street. Zweig dedicated 40 pages to explain readers why they should “go with the flow” with respect to the Fed’s trend. As we heard from Fed Chair Jay Powell himself today, the Fed is committed to bring down inflation even if it causes some economic pain. Powell had signaled the Fed is likely to keep raising interest rates in the months ahead, and that could spell recession down the road. It’s a situation tailor made for defensive stocks. And this brings us to dividend stocks. These are a traditional defensive move, guaranteeing returns through dividend payments.
Ares Capital, Golub Capital and Hercules Capital have been highlighted in this Industry Outlook article.
Higher rates, decent economic growth, robust asset quality and regulatory changes will keep aiding the Zacks SBIC & commercial finance industry players like Ares Capital (ARCC), Golub Capital (GBDC) and Hercules Capital (HTGC).
Actual results may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements as a result of a number of factors, including those described from time-to-time in GBDC's SEC filings. With that, I'm pleased to turn the call over to David Golub, CEO of GBDC.
Golub Capital BDC (GBDC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 13.33% and 4.25%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
GBDC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|