Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GCI POWR Grades
- GCI scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 88.77% of US stocks.
- GCI's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 113 days.
- GCI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 0.9% of US stocks).
GCI Stock Summary
- Gannett Co Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.19% of US listed stocks.
- GCI's price/sales ratio is 0.21; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 3% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, GCI has reported earnings growth of 290.71%, putting it ahead of 93.55% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Gannett Co Inc are CNFR, FNHC, THTX, DSKE, and SNFCA.
- Visit GCI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gannett.com.
GCI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GCI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.21||52-week high||$6.33|
|Prev. close||$4.87||52-week low||$0.94|
|Day high||$5.22||Avg. volume||1,943,728|
|50-day MA||$5.11||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.26||Market Cap||742.46M|
Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI) Company Bio
Gannett Co., Inc. engages in the provision of digital media and marketing solutions. It operates through the following segments: Publishing, Marketing Solutions, and Corporate and other. The Publishing segment includes advertising and marketing services, and subscriptions to its print and digital publications. The Marketing Solutions segment comprises of search advertising, display advertising, search optimization, social media, website development, web presence products, customer relationship management, Google-suite offerings, and software-as-a-service solutions. The Corporate and other segment represents activities not directly attributable to a specific segment. The company was founded on June 18, 2013 and is headquartered in McLean, VA.
GCI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Gannett Co Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Gannett Co Inc ranked in the 4th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Gannett Co Inc, consider:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 25. Notably, its equity weight is greater than just 5.78% of US equities in the Consumer Cyclical sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.01 years comes in at -0.35%; that's greater than merely 4.06% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Gannett Co Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.08. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 17.01% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GCI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GCI Latest Social Stream
View Full GCI Social Stream
Latest GCI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gannett Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GCI as an investment opportunity.
The following slide deck was published by Gannett Co., Inc. in conjunction with their 2021 Q1 earnings call....
AXDX, CDR, FPAY, GCI, and IRTC have been added to the Zacks Rank #5 (Strong Sell) List on May 14, 2021
Good morning, everyone and thank you for joining our call today to discuss Gannett's first quarter 2021 results. Presenting on today's call will be Mike Reed, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and Doug Horne, Chief Financial Officer.
America's largest newspaper publisher just reported a bigger loss than expected in the first quarter, and it missed on expectations for revenue as well.
Gannett (GCI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 17.65% and -1.14%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
GCI Price Returns