Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI): Price and Financial Metrics
GCI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.45||52-week high||$3.60|
|Prev. close||$2.42||52-week low||$1.25|
|Day high||$2.50||Avg. volume||1,343,005|
|50-day MA||$2.83||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.35||Market Cap||365.23M|
GCI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GCI POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where GCI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.78% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GCI is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- GCI ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
GCI Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GCI is 8.52 -- better than 95.55% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.13, GANNETT CO INC has a higher such ratio than merely 3.49% of stocks in our set.
- GANNETT CO INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 33.2%, greater than the shareholder yield of 94.28% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GANNETT CO INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HGV, AP, HA, IHT, and NWL.
- Visit GCI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gannett.com.
GCI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GCI's price/earnings ratio is 214.67% lower, now standing at -17.2.
- Over the past 100 months, GCI's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GCI.
GCI Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -73.44%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -73.44%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 68.21%.
The table below shows GCI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GCI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GCI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.99% of graded US stocks.
- GCI's asset turnover comes in at 1.051 -- ranking 2nd of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- DJCO, ACCO, and LEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GCI.
The table below shows GCI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI) Company Bio
Gannett Co. Inc. operates as a multi-platform news and information company. It spreads the news all over the USA and UK through digital, mobile, and print products. The company’s brands include The USA Today, several local papers in many states, and the Newsquest Media Group in the United Kingdom. The company was founded in Rochester, New York in 1906 by Frank Ernest Gannett and the firm is currently headquartered in McLean, Virginia. The Gannett Company currently has 19,000 employees worldwide and Mike Reed currently serves as Chief Executive Officer.
GCI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GCI Latest Social Stream
View Full GCI Social Stream
Latest GCI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GANNETT CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GCI as an investment opportunity.
Newest Deal to Surpass 10-Year Milestone Together for CompaniesNEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Taboola (Nasdaq: TBLA), a global leader in powering recommendations for the open web, today announced a renewed partnership with Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), which reaches 133 million monthly unique visitors across the USA TODAY Network and publishes USA TODAY along with over 200 local media outlets across 43 U.S. states. Since 2013, Gannett has leveraged Taboola Feed, a seamlessly integ
MCLEAN, Va., September 18, 2023--Gannett Co., Inc. ("Gannett", "we", "us", "our", or the "Company") (NYSE: GCI) announced today it has repurchased approximately $15.0 million of 6.00% first lien notes due November 1, 2026 (the "2026 Senior Notes") for approximately $13.1 million, representing a discount to par value. In connection with the repurchase of the 2026 Senior Notes, the Company received a waiver from certain lenders under its five-year senior secured term loan facility that reduced the
Gannett, which owns more than 200 daily papers, will employ these new hires through USA Today and The Tennessean, the company's Nashville-based newspaper. The chain is looking for “modern storytellers” adept in print, audio and visual journalism, said Michael Anastasi, The Tennessean's editor and Gannett's vice president for local news. “Seeing both the facts and the fury, the Taylor Swift reporter will identify why the pop star’s influence only expands, what her fanbase stands for in pop culture, and the effect she has across the music and business worlds,” the company said in its job description.
The Beyoncé and Taylor Swift jobs at USA Today have sparked backlash from news reporters — here's why
USA Today is hiring two new reporters. Their beat: Beyoncé and Taylor Swift. The job listings have stirred fans and journalists still reeling from layoffs.
(Bloomberg) -- Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour is a phenomenon that has inspired screams of joy and anguish, a Morgan Stanley report and a Senate hearing. Now, there’s a job chronicling all of it.Most Read from BloombergCaesars Entertainment Paid Millions to Hackers in AttackCiti Plans Job Cuts as It Revamps Top Management StructureChina Sows Fresh Confusion About Apple With Security RemarksLuxury Cruise Ship Full of Australians Stuck in Greenland ArcticFed on Alert for One More Hike After ‘Disappointi
GCI Price Returns