Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GCI POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where GCI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 69.36% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GCI is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- GCI's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 3.64% of US stocks).
GCI Stock Summary
- GANNETT CO INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.63% of US listed stocks.
- GCI's price/sales ratio is 0.08; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 1.84% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GCI comes in at 65.14% -- higher than that of 97.12% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GANNETT CO INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CIXX, GNW, VRM, MODV, and CNDT.
- Visit GCI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gannett.com.
GCI Valuation Summary
- GCI's EV/EBIT ratio is 16.2; this is 39.66% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 88 months, GCI's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GCI.
GCI Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 70.93%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 100.6%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 70.27%.
The table below shows GCI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GCI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GCI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.99% of graded US stocks.
- GCI's asset turnover comes in at 1.051 -- ranking 2nd of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- DJCO, ACCO, and LEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GCI.
The table below shows GCI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GCI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GCI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.79||52-week high||$7.03|
|Prev. close||$1.92||52-week low||$1.78|
|Day high||$1.94||Avg. volume||1,463,564|
|50-day MA||$2.43||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.90||Market Cap||262.40M|
Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI) Company Bio
Gannett Co. Inc. operates as a multi-platform news and information company. It spreads the news all over the USA and UK through digital, mobile, and print products. The company’s brands include The USA Today, several local papers in many states, and the Newsquest Media Group in the United Kingdom. The company was founded in Rochester, New York in 1906 by Frank Ernest Gannett and the firm is currently headquartered in McLean, Virginia. The Gannett Company currently has 19,000 employees worldwide and Mike Reed currently serves as Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
GCI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GCI Latest Social Stream
View Full GCI Social Stream
Latest GCI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GANNETT CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GCI as an investment opportunity.
Consider these seven names, a mix of growth and value plays, some of the best penny stocks to buy.
MCLEAN, Va., September 15, 2022--USA TODAY, part of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), today celebrates 40 years of impacting the media landscape with concise journalism that speaks to the nation. First published on September 15, 1982, USA TODAY introduced audiences to a full-color, vibrant publication with infographics, approachable content and expert-driven digestible journalism.
MCLEAN, Va., September 12, 2022--LocaliQ, Gannett Co., Inc.’s (NYSE: GCI) Digital Marketing Solutions (DMS) business today announced the launch of a new brand advertising campaign. LocaliQ is a marketing platform that helps businesses find, convert, and keep customers with a suite of marketing automation, channel campaign management, CRM, and insight tools with expert-led services. The ‘Seize Your Potential’ campaign features customer testimonials from four small business customers spanning the
The program, which pays publishers to feature their content, is almost a year behind its intended launch timeline in the U.S.
Nearly three dozen journalists have left the publication in the last two years, according to union organizers.
GCI Price Returns