Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI): Price and Financial Metrics
GCI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.88||52-week high||$3.60|
|Prev. close||$1.95||52-week low||$1.62|
|Day high||$1.95||Avg. volume||1,245,814|
|50-day MA||$2.21||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.34||Market Cap||279.89M|
GCI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GCI POWR Grades
- GCI scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 91.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GCI is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- GCI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
GCI Stock Summary
- GANNETT CO INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.43% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.11, GANNETT CO INC has a higher such ratio than merely 2.62% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GCI comes in at 55.23% -- higher than that of 96.31% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GANNETT CO INC, a group of peers worth examining would be SAVE, AMN, SP, DSKE, and ARKR.
- Visit GCI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gannett.com.
GCI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GCI's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.03% lower, now standing at 13.6.
- GCI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 8 over the prior 103 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GCI.
GCI Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -73.44%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -73.44%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 68.21%.
The table below shows GCI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GCI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GCI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.99% of graded US stocks.
- GCI's asset turnover comes in at 1.051 -- ranking 2nd of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- DJCO, ACCO, and LEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GCI.
The table below shows GCI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI) Company Bio
Gannett Co. Inc. operates as a multi-platform news and information company. It spreads the news all over the USA and UK through digital, mobile, and print products. The company’s brands include The USA Today, several local papers in many states, and the Newsquest Media Group in the United Kingdom. The company was founded in Rochester, New York in 1906 by Frank Ernest Gannett and the firm is currently headquartered in McLean, Virginia. The Gannett Company currently has 19,000 employees worldwide and Mike Reed currently serves as Chief Executive Officer.
GCI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GCI Latest Social Stream
View Full GCI Social Stream
Latest GCI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GANNETT CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GCI as an investment opportunity.
MCLEAN, Va., November 20, 2023--Gannett Co., Inc. ("Gannett," "we," "our," or the "Company") (NYSE: GCI) today announced that its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Michael Reed, and its Chief Financial Officer, Doug Horne, will participate at the following conference:
MCLEAN, Va., November 15, 2023--Gannett Co., Inc. ("Gannett", "we", "us", "our", or the "Company") (NYSE: GCI) announced today it will repurchase $14.0 million of 6.00% first lien notes due November 1, 2026 (the "2026 Senior Notes") for approximately $12.0 million, representing a discount to par value. The transaction is expected to close on November 17, 2023. In connection with the repurchase of the 2026 Senior Notes, the Company will receive a waiver from certain lenders under its five-year se
MCLEAN, Va., November 13, 2023--Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) and USA TODAY announced a multi-year strategic partnership with Home Solutions, a leading digital media company that helps homeowners make informed decisions about services and projects in their homes. Through this partnership, Home Solutions will reach Gannett’s extensive audience, making it easy for readers to both choose and connect with the right home services provider for their projects.
A 35-year-old ‘huge Swiftie’ beat out a White House reporter and a legion of bloggers to get the most coveted job in journalism
It’s “no different than being a sports journalist who’s a fan of the home team,” said Bryan West, the new Taylor Swift reporter for USA Today.
On November 6, 2023, Michael Reed, the CEO of Gannett Co Inc (NYSE:GCI), purchased 60,000 shares of the company, marking a significant insider buying activity.
GCI Price Returns