Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GCI POWR Grades
- GCI scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.54% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GCI is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 34 weeks.
- GCI ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
GCI Stock Summary
- Gannett Co Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.28% of US listed stocks.
- GCI's price/sales ratio is 0.28; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 4% of US stocks.
- Gannett Co Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 30.94%, greater than the shareholder yield of 92.4% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Gannett Co Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be IHRT, KAR, JOB, MIC, and FAMI.
- Visit GCI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gannett.com.
GCI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, GCI's EV/EBIT ratio is 252.69% lower, now standing at -25.5.
- GCI's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 75 months.
- GCI's price/earnings ratio has moved down 11 over the prior 75 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GCI.
GCI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GCI has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 68.15% of graded US stocks.
- GCI's asset turnover comes in at 1.051 -- ranking 2nd of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- DJCO, AXR, and LEE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GCI.
The table below shows GCI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GCI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GCI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.61||52-week high||$7.05|
|Prev. close||$6.88||52-week low||$1.03|
|Day high||$6.74||Avg. volume||1,782,374|
|50-day MA||$5.86||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.00||Market Cap||942.70M|
Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI) Company Bio
Gannett Co. Inc. operates as a multi-platform news and information company. It spreads the news all over the USA and UK through digital, mobile, and print products. The company’s brands include The USA Today, several local papers in many states, and the Newsquest Media Group in the United Kingdom. The company was founded in Rochester, New York in 1906 by Frank Ernest Gannett and the firm is currently headquartered in McLean, Virginia. The Gannett Company currently has 19,000 employees worldwide and Mike Reed currently serves as Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
GCI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GCI Latest Social Stream
View Full GCI Social Stream
Latest GCI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Gannett Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GCI as an investment opportunity.
When insiders purchase shares, it indicates their confidence in the company's prospects or that they view the stock as a bargain. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go long on the stock. Insider purchases should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a buying decision. Below is a look at a few recent notable insider purchases. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform. Sensient Technologies Th
Wall Street often overlooks penny stocks.
With that said, we put together a panel of Motley Fool contributors who identified three stocks they see huge opportunity in: Stitch Fix (NASDAQ: SFIX), Gannett (NYSE: GCI), and Airbnb (NASDAQ: ABNB). Nicholas Rossolillo (Stitch Fix): Stitch Fix has been mostly down in 2021, but it certainly isn't out. Caught up in the growth stock sell-off this past spring, it then downgraded expectations for full-year sales and underwent a CEO transition from founder Katrina Lake to now-CEO Elizabeth Spalding.
MCLEAN, Va., September 07, 2021--Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) today announced the launch of USA TODAY Sports+, an all-new premium digital subscription experience. USA TODAY Sports+ enables subscribers to curate and customize their local sports experience with immersive content including interactive video, audio and augmented reality features to realize a stronger connection to their devoted sports teams.
Does Gannett (GCI) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
GCI Price Returns