General Dynamics Corporation (GD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$205.25||52-week high||$256.86|
|Prev. close||$204.35||52-week low||$202.88|
|Day high||$207.23||Avg. volume||1,232,809|
|50-day MA||$219.06||Dividend yield||2.58%|
|200-day MA||$232.37||Market Cap||56.31B|
GD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GD POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where GD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83.15% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GD is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- GD ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 46th percentile.
GD Stock Summary
- GENERAL DYNAMICS CORP's market capitalization of $56,658,531,675 is ahead of 96.23% of US-listed equities.
- GD's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 482.88 -- higher than 94.76% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, GD is more volatile than merely 5.26% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GENERAL DYNAMICS CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be KHC, GIS, CTAS, ECL, and HSY.
- To check out GENERAL DYNAMICS CORP's SEC filings, go to the company's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000040533.
GD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, GD's EV/EBIT ratio is 4.46% lower, now standing at 15.
- Over the past 243 months, GD's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 4.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GD.
GD Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 75.62%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 1.46%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 145.85%.
The table below shows GD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GD has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.1% of graded US stocks.
- GD's asset turnover comes in at 0.759 -- ranking 7th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- RAIL, TRN, and WAB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GD.
The table below shows GD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GD Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of GD, see our GD price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$215.56||Average Broker Recommendation||1.69 (Moderate Buy)|
General Dynamics Corporation (GD) Company Bio
General Dynamics operates as aerospace and defense company worldwide. It operates through four business groups: Aerospace; Combat Systems; Information Systems and Technology; and Marine Systems. The company was founded in 1899 and is based in Falls Church, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GD Latest Social Stream
View Full GD Social Stream
Latest GD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GENERAL DYNAMICS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GD as an investment opportunity.
An Insider At General Dynamics Lowered Their Holding Recently \
Viewing insider transactions for General Dynamics Corporation's ( NYSE:GD ) over the last year, we see that insiders...
10 Large-Cap Stocks with Insider Buying
In this article, we will take a look at the 10 large-cap stocks with insider buying. If you want to explore similar stocks, you can also take a look at 5 Large-Cap Stocks with Insider Buying. “There Are Indications That We’ll Have A Better Second Half” On May 12 Katie Stockton, founder and managing partner […]
General Dynamics (GD) Wins Deal to Support Abrams Battle Tanks (Revised)
General Dynamics' (GD) Abrams is the most advanced main battle tank, which boasts features that are technologically advanced in communications, fire control and lethality.
Huntington Ingalls (HII) Wins Deal to Aid Aircraft Carriers
Huntington Ingalls (HII) is set to provide engineering and technical support for CVN 80 and CVN 81 aircraft carriers.
General Dynamics CEO to speak at Bernstein Conference
General Dynamics (NYSE: GD) Chief Executive Officer Phebe Novakovic will speak at the Bernstein Annual Strategic Decisions Conference in New York, on Wednesday, May 31, at 10:00 a.m. EST.
GD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching GDWant to see what other sources are saying about General Dynamics Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
General Dynamics Corp (GD) Stock Price | Nasdaq
General Dynamics Corp (GD) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
General Dynamics Corp (GD) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...