General Dynamics Corporation (GD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GD POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where GD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.29% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GD is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- GD's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 29.26% of US stocks).
GD Stock Summary
- GD has a market capitalization of $54,219,211,222 -- more than approximately 95.28% of US stocks.
- GD's went public 35.59 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of General Dynamics Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.77% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to General Dynamics Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ROP, NOC, KHC, KLAC, and EXC.
- To check out General Dynamics Corp's SEC filings, go to the company's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000040533.
GD Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, GD's price/earnings ratio is 41.78% lower, now standing at 17.
- Over the past 243 months, GD's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 2.7.
- GD's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 2.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GD.
GD Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 20.73%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -36.3%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 179.5%.
The table below shows GD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$194.05||52-week high||$197.51|
|Prev. close||$191.92||52-week low||$129.17|
|Day high||$195.59||Avg. volume||1,190,414|
|50-day MA||$189.77||Dividend yield||2.48%|
|200-day MA||$168.80||Market Cap||54.84B|
General Dynamics Corporation (GD) Company Bio
General Dynamics operates as aerospace and defense company worldwide. It operates through four business groups: Aerospace; Combat Systems; Information Systems and Technology; and Marine Systems. The company was founded in 1899 and is based in Falls Church, Virginia.
GD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for General Dynamics Corp. To summarize, we found that General Dynamics Corp ranked in the 39th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for GD, they are:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of General Dynamics Corp over the past 5.75 years is 0.01%; that's better than only 23.81% of cash flow producing equities in the Industrials sector, where it is classified.
- General Dynamics Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.45% of tickers in our DCF set.
- GD's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.45% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GD Latest Social Stream
View Full GD Social Stream
Latest GD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Dynamics Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GD as an investment opportunity.
Microwave Devices Market 2021 SWOT Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Significant Growth | Top Brands:Analog Devices, Thales, L3 Technologies, General Dynamics, Teledyne Technologies, CPI Internat
This report studies the Microwave Devices Market with many aspects of the industry such as market size, market status, market trends and forecast. The report also provides brief information on competitors and opportunities for specific growth with the key market drivers. Find the comprehensive analysis of the Microwave Devices market segmented by company, region, type 
Global Cyber Weapon Market Report 2021 Market SWOT Analysis,Key Indicators,Forecast 2027 : BAE Systems, EADS, General Dynamics, Mandiant
MR Accuracy Reports recently introduced new title on Global Cyber Weapon Market : Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecasts 2021-2027 from its database utilizing diverse methodologies aims to examine and put forth in-depth and accurate data regarding the global Cyber Weapon market. The report provides study with in-depth overview, describing about the Product / Industry Scope 
Global Military Shipbuilding and Submarines Market 2021 Future Set to Massive Growth with High CAGR value | Market Players: Northrop Grumman Corp, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, General Dynamics Corp, Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering, DCNS S.A, Leonardo, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Singapore Technologies Engineering, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Textron, CSSC
The report on Global Military Shipbuilding and Submarines Market has been provided by researchers for a detailed understanding of market performance over an estimated period of time set from 2021 to 2026. However, this report has introduced a brief overview to provide the reader with better information on this report. This brief description contains a 
Global Ammunition Handling System Market 2021 Future Set to Massive Growth with High CAGR value | Market Players: Meggitt, General Dynamics, Nobles Worldwide, Mcnally Industries, Curtiss-Wright, Standard Armament, Moog, BAE Systems, Thales Group, Calzoni, Dillon Aero, GSI International
The report on Global Ammunition Handling System Market has been provided by researchers for a detailed understanding of market performance over an estimated period of time set from 2021 to 2026. However, this report has introduced a brief overview to provide the reader with better information on this report. This brief description contains a basic 
General Dynamics' (GD) Q2 results are expected to reflect improved revenue growth in its Combat Systems and Marine Systems segments.
GD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|