General Dynamics Corporation (GD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GD POWR Grades
- GD scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 86.03% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GD is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- GD ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
GD Stock Summary
- GD has a market capitalization of $66,950,202,864 -- more than approximately 95.94% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1,056.62, General Dynamics Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 97.1% of US stocks.
- GD's went public 36.27 years ago, making it older than 92.84% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FISV, MCO, ROP, EMR, and ADM.
- To check out General Dynamics Corp's SEC filings, go to the company's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000040533.
GD Valuation Summary
- GD's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 57.58% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- GD's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GD's price/earnings ratio has gone up 1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GD.
GD Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 35.57%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 16.86%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -64.71%.
The table below shows GD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GD has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.1% of graded US stocks.
- GD's asset turnover comes in at 0.759 -- ranking 7th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- RAIL, TRN, and WAB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GD.
The table below shows GD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$223.86||52-week high||$254.99|
|Prev. close||$221.25||52-week low||$182.66|
|Day high||$224.48||Avg. volume||1,497,162|
|50-day MA||$226.63||Dividend yield||2.25%|
|200-day MA||$216.68||Market Cap||62.17B|
General Dynamics Corporation (GD) Company Bio
General Dynamics operates as aerospace and defense company worldwide. It operates through four business groups: Aerospace; Combat Systems; Information Systems and Technology; and Marine Systems. The company was founded in 1899 and is based in Falls Church, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GD Latest Social Stream
View Full GD Social Stream
Latest GD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Dynamics Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GD as an investment opportunity.
Thinking about trading options or stock in Advanced Micro Devices, Exxon Mobil, Dell Technologies, General Dynamics, or AbbVie?
NEW YORK , Feb. 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- InvestorsObserver issues critical PriceWatch Alerts for AMD, XOM, DELL, GD, and ABBV. … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Defense stocks Lockheed and Northrop rose Friday as the U.S. shuffled key assets in Europe amid Russia's Ukraine invasion.
Aerospace Giants Hitting 52-Week Highs
General Dynamics (GD) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
The defense industry produces modern weaponry, including combat vehicles, ships, bombers, and fighter jets. Companies in the industry also offer cybersecurity, information technology (IT), analytics, robotics, and intelligence systems. Its primary customer is the U.S. government, but it also sells its products and services to foreign governments and law enforcement agencies.
GD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|