General Dynamics Corporation (GD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GD POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where GD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.51% of US stocks.
- GD's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- GD's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 6.68% of US stocks).
GD Stock Summary
- General Dynamics Corp's market capitalization of $53,445,522,943 is ahead of 95.24% of US-listed equities.
- GD's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 4,160.5 -- higher than 99.05% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- General Dynamics Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.64% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to General Dynamics Corp are ROP, GPN, APH, FISV, and KHC.
- To check out General Dynamics Corp's SEC filings, go to the company's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0000040533.
GD Valuation Summary
- GD's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 57.58% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- GD's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, GD's price/earnings ratio has gone up 1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GD.
GD Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 179.5%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 45.56%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 9.12%.
The table below shows GD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GD has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.81% of graded US stocks.
- GD's asset turnover comes in at 0.76 -- ranking 7th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- RAIL, TRN, and MCFT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GD.
The table below shows GD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$193.75||52-week high||$206.46|
|Prev. close||$191.19||52-week low||$129.17|
|Day high||$194.95||Avg. volume||1,121,827|
|50-day MA||$196.70||Dividend yield||2.49%|
|200-day MA||$179.52||Market Cap||54.16B|
General Dynamics Corporation (GD) Company Bio
General Dynamics operates as aerospace and defense company worldwide. It operates through four business groups: Aerospace; Combat Systems; Information Systems and Technology; and Marine Systems. The company was founded in 1899 and is based in Falls Church, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GD Latest Social Stream
View Full GD Social Stream
Latest GD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about General Dynamics Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GD as an investment opportunity.
Let's talk about the popular General Dynamics Corporation ( NYSE:GD ). The company's shares received a lot of attention...
The Zacks Style Scores offers investors a way to easily find top-rated stocks based on their investing style. Here's why you should take advantage.
General Dynamics Corp. has canceled their vaccine mandate after roughly 40% of their employees declined the jab & threatened to quit.
BREAKING: General Dynamics Corp. has canceled their vaccine mandate after roughly 40% of their employees declined the jab & threatened to quit. Al Webb (@alwebbj) September 18, 2021
Latest Market Research on Worldwide Homeland Security Market is now released to provide hidden gems performance analysis in recent years and years to come. The study explains a detailed overview of market dynamics, segmentation, product portfolio, business plans, and the 
[298 Pages Report] Increase in investment to develop autonomous systems and rise in need for underwater drones for defense and security applications have boosted the growth of the global military robot market. Asia-Pacific held the lions share in 2020, contributing to more than one-third of the market. The Covid-19 pandemic forced governments across the world to impose stringent lockdown restrictions and restrict international import-export on non-essential items. Prominent Players: BAE Systems plc, Elbit Systems Ltd., General Dynamics Corporation, Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd., Rheinmetall AG, SAAB AB, and Thales Group. [298 Pages Report] Increase in investment to develop autonomous syst...
GD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|